Sign in to follow this  
D.L.S

Golden Sun

I owned the first 2 and I'm about to play the 3rd. Have any of you played any one of them before? Your thoughts on them. Personally, the first two are my favorite games ever.

FUCK!

HELL YES!

I have never been so excited about a video game release that I can remember. The first two Golden Sun's are my favorite handheld video games (just replayed the 1st one).

I picked up the 3rd one, what, two weeks ago, but I have been so swamped with school and work that it hasn't even come out of the shrink wrap yet. However, it is winter break for me right now and I plan on playing the shit out of it.

What's your favorite parts of the first two? What do you think about the new one?

FUCK!

HELL YES!

What's your favorite parts of the first two? What do you think about the new one?

I just really love everything about the first two. I never wanted them to end, but they do have a high replay value for me. I've played them both at least 10 times I never did get to play the third one because my friend decided to be stingy at the last second. When I do play it, I will give my thoughts.

I bought my copy a while ago, but sadly I just havn't had time to play it much. I just need to sit down and play it for a while XD

Trust me, I really do. Golden Sun is still on of my favorite games of all time, but I think this game is gunna have to wait until I beat/get tired of Resonance of Fate.

i have played part 1 and 2 and i really loved them

havent played part 3 yet, is it as good as the previous ones? its still 40 euros here, so i think its kinda expensive=p

Part3 is really good so far and I like that you can use psynergy on things that are farther than 1 square away from you.

Edit: I just finished the game and I have to say that it was really fun while it lasted. I don't find it as epic as I think the first 2 are, but it is still a really good game that everyone with as DS should play. The cliffhanger ending makes me want the next installment NOW!

i have played part 1 and 2 and i really loved them

havent played part 3 yet, is it as good as the previous ones? its still 40 euros here, so i think its kinda expensive=p

I bought it for $20 or ?14? euro

i bought it last week, havent been able to play it longer as an hour so far, but really like it=) golden sun just has a special place in my heart hahah

i bought it last week, havent been able to play it longer as an hour so far, but really like it=) golden sun just has a special place in my heart hahah

I feel the same way <3

i always thought these games were kinda bad : / meandering plots, characters have no personality, the sprites are dorky looking, and i hated the way you found djinn.

i always thought these games were kinda bad : / meandering plots, characters have no personality, the sprites are dorky looking, and i hated the way you found djinn.

that's the charm of it all dumbass.

that's the charm of it all dumbass.

i'm sorry i insulted your terribly designed anime games you giant baby ;~;

fun tip: half of the RPGs desgined way back in the 90s had more character, more style, and better design than these half-assed pieces of shit

but i guess if being "objectively bad" is part of the charm then hey go hog wild!!!

alright let me re-word that.

that's the charm of the Golden Sun series, and it'd be pretty stupid to change the formula three games in, me thinks...

Btw have you even played any of the GS games? because the way your judging them implies that you have played them enough to know the flaws, but that doesn't make no sense.. why would you play a series that you think is shitty? Unless you really like shitty games rite?

fun tip: half of the RPGs desgined way back in the 90s had more character, more style, and better design than these half-assed pieces of shit

but i guess if being "objectively bad" is part of the charm then hey go hog wild!!!

I, for the most part, judge games on how much fun had playing them. Sure, this is hardly the best RPG, it wasn't incredibly deep, and characters were pretty stock personality wise, and the game play wasn't overly unique. But I'll be damned if I didn't have more fun playing this game than I did any of the other RPGs I had played at the time. And if you have fun playing a game, that's ALL that matters.

Also, this game was one of the best looking games on the Gameboy Advance when it came out. The detail in the environments, the pseudo 3D battle, the beautiful explosions. I'm sorry, but this game rocked visually. You may have not liked the art style (if you did, how go you stand JRPGs at all), but the game was gorgeous when it came out. That is NOT debatable.

Sign in to follow this