darkyuki

nightmare

Listened to their Mini-Album Outlaw the other day and, wow, just wow. It's a night/day difference in talent to where they are at now.

So, here is swallowtail from their "Fury & the Beást" final.

Well, after 3, 4 years(?) absent from watch a live footage from this guys, I saw this video in my recommendation feed, one of my favorite songs so I wouldn't let it pass. I didn't enjoy it as on the past, not because of their instrumental but because of Yomi, I could clearly notice he is having some trouble with his voice after all, and I just read somewhere that he is having problems with it. I really hope he can fix it soon, and they need to take a free to Yomi get all the problems finished.

Also, if someone have their last best album, I would really like to hear Love Tripper refined version, this one was my all time favorite before Deus ex machina get released

I should be getting the best albums soon (which I'll slowly upload).
Might have to add that Awakening's covers beat a majority of their recent single covers.

As for Yomi, I really hope they take an extended hiatus after the expected upcoming album, Awakening of Clowns tour and the new album tour. While he's recovering, it gives a good chance for Ruka to focus on continuing Legendary Six Nine, Hitsugi along with KNZ with Gremlins, with Sakito helping composing songs for random artists (like Asagi's solo debut) and lastly for Ni-ya who can act as support bass for other bands like he used too.

Otherwise this constant scheduling will more than likely have a negative impact on him and his voice.

Then again, this is Japan's music industry where overwork is commonplace and is expected there. :/

Nightmare was my very first VK band so I owe so much to them (they're my second favourite band overall) and I'm so sad they're on hiatus right now but I would love to go to their 20th anniversary live in Japan in 2020! 

sooooo.... thots on ink?

it sounds like they were reviewing their nippon crown stardom eras hardcore when composing all of it trying to re-capture their spirit, which is something I really like hearing so far.

49 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

sooooo.... thots on ink?

it sounds like they were reviewing their nippon crown stardom eras hardcore when composing all of it trying to re-capture their spirit, which is something I really like hearing so far.

As someone with no attachment to nightmare beyond anima and death note songs I actually really dig it

Fear and specially Utsusemi do indeed channel their Nippon Crown days. Ink itself really sits well with the other two A sides from the other last two singles before the hiatus. I really understimated how good it felt to have them back, even if Yomi isn't really up there. Hopefully when a new album releases he's better and they can do some retakes here and there.

EDIT:

My CD just arrived M1 and M3 are Sakito's whyle M2 is Ruka's, although it was pretty easy to tell.

It's interesting how Yomi credits have vanished from all of their most recent works. For some reason he hasn't wrote Nightmare Lyrics now.

The record label, as stated previously on other threads is Little Hearts. Distribution is done by Happinet big distribution/media corp with ties to anime production too.

That is interesting because Jakigan Meister's lastest single, Halcyon, was handled entirely by HPR, the Avex subsidiary they were in. Either their contract expired altogether or somenthing funny happened. It would be interesting if Sakito/Jakigan was an Avex artist while Nightmare, Gremblins, LSN, Bull Field and Take No Break are independent.

Also wonder how being handled by Little Hearts can influence their music from now on, if it does.

Edited by madygrain