If a similar topic exists, mods can move or destroy or transfer this to a black hole.

Are you part of the generation that absolutely can not get off their phones? At the silent moments you pull your smart phone out of your pocket and start playing candy crush because boredom is just so... boring? Maybe you've got a really good time-killer at your hands and would like to recommend it to others who might be equally tired of being bored. Or maybe you are the bored one, trying to find ways to pass the time while waiting for buss or a doctor or a friend or a coffee.

This is the topic to all of those who feel the need to do something with their hands, constantly.

Okay for me this is just a outlet for my continuous HoDA addiction. 

I don't play other mobile games but this is like pokemon with more complex rules.

Heroes of Dragon Age is a freemium game released on 5th December 2013 for iOS and Android devices. The game lets players purchase and collect 3D figures of key characters (called "heroes" in the game) from Dragon Age, form them into a squad, and then battle human and AI-controlled foes. The game functions as a squad-based strategy game with the battles played out automatically and the outcome contingent upon the selection of characters in the five-person party, their abilities and formation on the battlefield, as well as any runes that are buffing the team

Fans of Biowares Dragon Age franchise get the most out of this game, as it features tons of characters from Origins, DAII and Inquisition plus all the DLCs, and numerous variations, but I managed to get  @Biopandahooked on this for a while and he has absolutely no idea of Dragon Age.

Pros:

+ Easy to understand

+ SO MANY HEROES TO COLLECT

+ Chances of getting rarer heroes increase with level

+ A truly freemium game, with absolutely no need for real-life cash if you've only got patience

+ No need for actual human interaction

Cons:

-  You need wifi to play it

- PvP has the worst match-making mechanics ever (seems to not even want to match you up against someone of your own level. Will offer matches with people with a lot higher level heroes than yours)

- Gems tend to be hard to obtain unless you constantly take part in the PvP events

- Once you're out of stamina and power points... well, too bad. Wait for a few hours for them to regenerate.

- F U CAN I JUST HAVE A COLE PLEASE

Pls try this one out if you've got too much time in your hands and would like to collect nice, shiny heroes from the Dragon Age universe.

Don't think we have a mobile games thread, and what good timing! I was always put off with playing games on anything but the consoles such as PlayStation and DS. Recently started using my PC and laptop to play games like visual novels, and because of that shift, I then started using Google Play on my mobile and now it's taken up all my space on the phone! It's a change but it actually feels nice that you can just take it out whenever and get to it (as long as you have battery life, u r g, and internet connection~). I can see why most people play on their mobiles now. I'm guessing tablets and that are just as popular now? My one fear is that we'll mostly be getting games on these platforms (I was so surprised at how many things of my own interest is in the Google Play store), because I feel only certain kinds of games look good enough on it and are worth playing. I'm also so iffy with trusting mobiles as is, what with data usage (Pokemon Go conspiracy theories is scaring the heck out of me).

On 7.12.2017 at 3:45 AM, Flame-X said:

I've also been playing that quite a lot.

I wish the Christmas event had continued in the American version. At least Japanese version has it now :"D

Current line-up:

ypxZ3w.png

Edited by allisapp
Link

The only one I've been playing is Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, which I've found surprisingly engaging for such a simple game. Well, that, and all of the nostalgia has kind of re-awakened the love I had for DB as a youth. :lol:

e6WOk0P.pngDFXApN9.png

1 hour ago, allisapp said:

Started playing on FGO's JP server as well. Can't.stop.playing. I feel like I am even having dreams of FGO. Is this what addiction feels like? :P

Haha I had that problem the first month I started playing too.

I'm finally stuck though, which I guess is a good thing, because I can only participate in events lol.

Here's my line up and FC if anyone wants to add, I got a lot of space on the list

Cd5mGm5.jpg

1 hour ago, karai · ebi said:

Haha I had that problem the first month I started playing too.

I'm finally stuck though, which I guess is a good thing, because I can only participate in events lol.

Here's my line up and FC if anyone wants to add, I got a lot of space on the list

I sent you a request! :D I am on my 5th day of playing (on JP server), so any support help is <3.

I do play various of mobile games besides Akashic Re:cords, i started playing A rhythm game developed by Noxy Games called Lanota, 2 months ago and can't stop playing its because the main story was kind of good but the expansion chapters are more great to play if i only do have purchased it and also their songs and the way you play the game the music chart is kind of a strech and challenging, dpecially the Ultra and Master difficulties but it was fun.

Next i did started playing another rhythm game from last month it was called Arcaea a rhythm game developed by lowiro games, their music chart was kind of hell because the speed notes are too fast for me too handle but the songs and the characters were great. It even had a collaboartion with Lanota.

Then i usually play this indie rhythm most time called Hachi Hachi, it was an online music game that has a PvP , their songs were cool and the rhythm game that kills my time of enjoyment to enjoy with practice and play, espcially unlocking new songs through events which only do if i had the money to purchase coins and it gives 500 event collection for every purchase of 700 coins and above.

And i was playing a japanese exclusive 3D RPG VR moe game called Alternative Girls, a game that has different types of girls in 3 teams with 6 members per team, this is a game where players are potrayed as Captains and its a game where you can form a team in the game like your usual RPG games, and the VR allows the player to communicate with the 4 favorite girls that player chosed, you can also change their dress through gacha, event and other rewards, the game also helds VR idol lives as well to listen to one of the girl's songs.

Edited by K-x-H

I started playing Beats around 2011 since I could just import .sm files from Stepmania, then Cytus came out and I bounced between those two for a while. Cytus was pretty fun, but when they started out you had to pay $5 for new chapters (until the app got "x" downloads) and I got tired of that pretty quickly. I played a bit of Deemo, Voez, and then a little bit of Arcaea, but I still fell back to Beats and continue to play it to this day. A lot of the newer rhythm games that have Chinese Vocaloid tracks that aren't super polished, but every now and then I'll find a song I like.

I just wish we could get Jubeat/Jukebeat and REFLECBEAT+ for Android, but I doubt that'll ever happen T_T. 

For the most part I stopped playing everything but Beats , True Skate, and roms on a bunch of emulators (Gameboy, PSP, N64, Gamecube,etc.)

Now, Google Daydream VR games are actually pretty fun like Eclipse: Edge of Light, Ultrawings, and Virtual Virtual Reality.

Edited by colorfuljinsei