Mamo

[Band Battle] ∀NTI FEMINISM vs. 妃阿甦(THE PIASS)

∀NTI FEMINISM vs. 妃阿甦  

36 members have voted

1. 1. ∀NTI FEMINISM vs. 妃阿甦

• ∀NTI FEMINISM
    • 妃阿甦(THE PIASS)

What can I say really say, both of these bands are indie vk legends, both are/were on Anarchist Records, both are 90's vk bands, both have hardcore punk metalish style, and both are basically session bands even though 妃阿甦 isn't supposed to be technically. So now the question remains who is better?

妃阿甦

piass.png

Vs.

∀NTI FEMINISM

c24b065a7c534c7b89f14b63ea043bc0.jpg

Fight!

Edited by sume7

∀NTI FEMINISM was always a "stage antics" band for me. I couldn't find myself listening to their music unless it was live and even then, it took second stage to Kenzi's weird lightbulb smashing, barbwire rolling, bloody mess.

Plus, I think the history behind THE PIASS is super interesting.

∀NTI FEMINISM is somehow closer to my heart, with their raw hardcore punk sound, and of course their magnetic/crazy frontman Kenzi.

That said, I prolly couldn't remember any of either band's songs even at gunpoint, lol.

∀NTI FEMINISM took this one for me. Kyousouroku is a legendary release a step above 妃阿甦, and THE PIASS hasn't done anything since 2007. ∀NTI FEMINISM is a rotating door of band members, but it's a session band. Everyone that leaves the THE PIASS does so under...less than optimal circumstances. Now that it's got members from THE EIGHT I'm expecting no new music anytime soon.

48 minutes ago, herpes said:

a band that celebrates misogyny? shame on everyone that voted for them

They really don't though. It's a misunderstanding. The Japanese word feminism used to mean "man who dresses feminine", and apparently Kenzi didn't like dresses and stuff in vk. He actually was questioned about the band name during their EU/US tour and he said he had no idea that feminism had a different meaning in the west.

Anyway, musically I don't really care for either of them. But i've seen both live and AF are better live then Piass, so AF.

TBH, I really don't care for either bands.  I only went with Anti Feminism because they sometimes still release new stuff once in a blue moon.

7 hours ago, Uglymouth said:

They really don't though. It's a misunderstanding. The Japanese word feminism used to mean "man who dresses feminine", and apparently Kenzi didn't like dresses and stuff in vk. He actually was questioned about the band name during their EU/US tour and he said he had no idea that feminism had a different meaning in the west.

I'm really surprised that a lot of VK fans didn't know that.  One of the reasons why Kenzi hated the feminism image in VK is because when Kamaitachi went majory, Toy's Factory forced him to be the feminine character in Kamaitachi. 

8 hours ago, Uglymouth said:

Anyway, musically I don't really care for either of them. But i've seen both live and AF are better live then Piass, so AF.

Dude I didn't know this myself and I've been listening to them for years but it makes sense. Thanks for the info.:grin: It's also extra weird sense I think most vk bands just choose their names for no reason at all.

Edited by sume7

I love THE PIASS and Takayuki, the history about that band is soo dark, but!!!... although i love both bands, for me ∀NTI FEMINISM is the best, Kenzi and Takayuki are amazing! i love when Takayuki was in ∀NTI FEMINISM, in these years Kenzi keeped with life this band, but Takayuki with THE PIASS doesnt have much activity.. :(

13 hours ago, Uglymouth said:

5 hours ago, sume7 said:

Dude I didn't know this myself and I've been listening to them for years but it makes sense. Thanks for the info.:grin: It's also extra weird sense I think most vk bands just choose their names for no reason at all.

I just realized that Kenzi must have changed his mind recently in regards to this opinion, because this is from 2015:

bf36d1c4a66e786aec72c1ba7d04183a.jpg

Look awfully feminine to me. lol Not that I mind I'm just saying kind of contradictory to the idea that he doesn't like dresses and stuff. lol  

Edited by sume7

10 hours ago, sume7 said:

I just realized that Kenzi must have changed his mind recently in regards to this opinion, because this is from 2015:

Hide contents

bf36d1c4a66e786aec72c1ba7d04183a.jpg

Look awfully feminine to me. lol Not that I mind I'm just saying kind of contradictory to the idea that he doesn't like dresses and stuff. lol  

When i read the reason of the name, in one moment i think of that cover from the Mini-Album MAD OF PAIN xD

Damn this is close 50/50 lol literally.:X'D:  M-H is clearly torn on this one.

Edited by sume7

2 hours ago, sume7 said:

Just wait it'll happen. lol

Oh shit 15-17, maybe that couldnt happen xD

On 11/12/2016 at 11:59 AM, Takadanobabaalien said:

Now it sounds more like a transphobic name... Anyway, AF sounds better than Piass.

The meaning name Af  is dangerous or madness nothing with misog.... the same problem that had Balzac in his early european tour