herpes

~2017 predictions~

They've been performing 2 new, unreleased songs live recently though, so they'll most likely either deliver a new single or just a full-on new album of some sort in the very near future, i don't think they've ever played new songs EXTREMELY far ahead of their studio version's release, have they? (or was that the case with the MOAB tracks? idr)

5 minutes ago, Tokage said:

They've been performing 2 new, unreleased songs live recently though, so they'll most likely either deliver a new single or just a full-on new album of some sort in the very near future, i don't think they've ever played new songs EXTREMELY far ahead of their studio version's release, have they? (or was that the case with the MOAB tracks? idr)

Actually they have played new songs as much as a year in advance before. Do you have any footage of these or how are you aware? And also these may just be remake songs for the best album, which typically don't sound anything like the original so sometimes its hard to tell that its a remake.

Edited by sume7

8 minutes ago, Tokage said:

raison detre was performed in October 1997 - released July 1999. 

Probably the most extreme example. The early build of ZAN which existed since the band formed and was released in January 1999 has a similar time frame too.

Tsumi to Batsu was performed in Feb/March 1998 and released in July 1999.

Fukai was performed in October 2002, released in April 2003.

Itoshisa and GARBAGE was performed in July 2004 and released March 2005.

And then the famous MARROW songs from the Budokan performance in August 2006 which was released the follow year in Feb.

GLASS SKIN and STUCK MAN in 2008 being performed in May and being released in September and November respectively. 

Gaika and Toguro were performed some weeks before release but it's not long enough to be relevant.

Same with LOTUS, DIFFERENT SENSE and Utafumi.

So based on this we can draw the conclusions that with very few exceptions songs were released in less than a year after it was first performed, and without exception since the early days of the band. I think we can safely assume there will be some kind of release featuring new music in 2017. And that will be my prediction of the year for now. I'll come back with some more loose speculations later.

1 minute ago, WhirlingBlack said:

raison detre was performed in October 1997 - released July 1999. 

Probably the most extreme example. The early build of ZAN which existed since the band formed and was released in January 1999 has a similar time frame too.

Tsumi to Batsu was performed in Feb/March 1998 and released in July 1999.

Fukai was performed in October 2002, released in April 2003.

Itoshisa and GARBAGE was performed in July 2004 and released March 2005.

And then the famous MARROW songs from the Budokan performance in August 2006 which was released the follow year in Feb.

GLASS SKIN and STUCK MAN in 2008 being performed in May and being released in September and November respectively. 

Gaika and Toguro were performed some weeks before release but it's not long enough to be relevant.

Same with LOTUS, DIFFERENT SENSE and Utafumi.

So based on this we can draw the conclusions that with very few exceptions songs were released in less than a year after it was first performed, and without exception since the early days of the band. I think we can safely assume there will be some kind of release featuring new music in 2017. And that will be my prediction of the year for now. I'll come back with some more loose speculations later.

Well as I said maybe they're just remakes for the upcoming best album, deg have plenty of them. Also does anyone actually have footage of these new songs? Or how are they aware?

Just now, sume7 said:

Well as I said maybe they're just remakes for the upcoming best album, deg have plenty of them. Also does anyone actually have footage of these new songs? Or how are they aware?

I went to the tours. They're not remakes. 

2 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

I went to the tours. They're not remakes. 

You got any evidence set lists, videos, anything? Otherwise I don't see how you could know since dir en grey often change the melody, lyrics, and overall sound of the original songs in their remakes.

Edit: Although I could be wrong and they might release a single in 2017 but I really doubt it. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by sume7

18 minutes ago, sume7 said:

You got any evidence set lists, videos, anything? Otherwise I don't see how you could know since dir en grey often change the melody, lyrics, and overall sound of the original songs in their remakes.

Either you're trolling or you don't want to understand that playing new songs prior to studio releases is a thing.  You also seem to be  confusing Dir en grey with either Lynch. or the GazettE who are known for recycling more or less of the the same song structures, riffs, etc.  This exact thread , alongside detailed posts from both Whirlingblack and another user confirm that said songs are new. 

Edited by Ro plz

I feel like 2017 is going to be shit and I'm gonna cry a lot but whatever. Don't have many predictions because I haven't been keeping up with much.

• GOTCHAROCKA go on a hiatus or disband near the later end of 2017 (I will fall into crippling depression because of this)
  • sukekiyo is going to snatch my edges again with a new release. 
  • So will THE NOVEMEBERS
  • Dir En Grey will go on hiatus??? Maybe??
  • Pentagon will continue to disappoint me (and probably go major)
  • Arlequin will come out with another bomb album
  • Initial L will be okay, but they won't have as much popularity as they previously had
  • MEJIBRAY will continue to vomit out releases near the first half of the year, then lose steam (and I will still continue to dislike them)
  • Someone else is going to pass away (let's hope not)
  • KISAKI COMES BACK
  • Purple Stone gets a HUGE boost in popularity
  • Another band will come out of nowhere and rock and everyone's socks off
  • An AINS band will disband

30 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Either you're trolling or you don't want to understand that playing new songs prior to studio releases is a thing.  You also seem to be  confusing Dir en grey with either Lynch. or the GazettE who are known for recycling more or less of the the same song structures, riffs, etc.  This exact thread , alongside detailed posts from both Whirlingblack and another user confirm that said songs are new. 

Ok maybe you're right. Also I didn't say that they recycle anything in fact I said the exact opposite 

44 minutes ago, sume7 said:

dir en grey often change the melody, lyrics, and overall sound of the original songs in their remakes.

I said that their remakes are typically significantly different from the originals. So I have no clue where you got the idea that I said they were recycling more or less of the the same song structures, riffs, etc.

6 hours ago, nekkichi said:
16 hours ago, saishuu said:

- art-kei dies

blockeD on the spot tbh

you can't kill what was already dead

also we need to start a 2017 vk death pool

Edited by herpes

1. some band that I've never heard of will disband

2. someone will quit or get fired //for "anti social behavior"

3. shitty releases by bands i once liked

4. San being a new band again then disband and join another band

5. A9 broke up

6.  drama llama

7. D.I.D either coming back with an album or disbanding

8.  x japan breaks up and rejoins 

9 my dora videos will either make me cringe or go "d'awww"

1) i can definitely see initial'L dropping vk, you can already tell how much they've toned down their look. in terms of their music? won't be much & won't be that hype

2) i'd also like to see ryuya from deviloof join another band, and hopefully he does so in 2017.

3) on the topic of deviloof, they've announced that their first full album will happen in the new year, but after its release, they'll either go big with it or go home.

3) nokubura will put out something amazing

4) elysion will keep pumping out live-limited releases & i'll finally drop them

On 12/16/2016 at 5:23 PM, itsukoii said:

3) on the topic of deviloof, they've announced that their first full album will happen in the new year, but after its release, they'll either go big with it or go home.

Did they say this (What's underlined above)? If so they be going home. lol But I like them a lot though but I really don't know how famous you can expect to get doing deathcore.

1 hour ago, sume7 said:

Did they say this (What's underlined above)? If so they be going home. lol But I like them a lot though but I really don't know how famous you can expect to get doing deathcore.

nah, it's my own prediction. and you're right, deathcore doesn't get anybody very far, so i expect deviloof to stay small and indie (i don't think they'll be disbanding in 2017, though, even if their full album isn't a major success amongst vk. and i'm pretty happy with them staying small and indie lmao)

2 hours ago, itsukoii said:

nah, it's my own prediction. and you're right, deathcore doesn't get anybody very far, so i expect deviloof to stay small and indie (i don't think they'll be disbanding in 2017, though, even if their full album isn't a major success amongst vk. and i'm pretty happy with them staying small and indie lmao)

Yeah I got no problem with them staying indie either.

1 minute ago, Seimeisen said:

I can't really predict one way or the other if 12012 will return from hiatus in 2017, but if they don't, I'm gonna be fuckin' pissed!

So are you saying that you're indefinitely pissed? :P

Tsuzuku dies, Mejibray disbands. MiA and Koichi go and do some new band (separately) and Meto fades into obscurity.

Royz do something really stupid and Kuina probably someone gets arrested. They'll either disband or bring out a new mini-album with types A-R.

Pentagon will get even worse.

Edited by Zeus
removing offensive verbiage

16 minutes ago, Huniefoxx said:

Tsuzuku dies, Mejibray disbands.

Your original post was deleted for a reason y'know...like fuck off already. Definitely not ok to predict specific people's deaths.

Edited by midi:nette

22 minutes ago, midi:nette said:

Your original post was deleted for a reason y'know...like fuck off already. Definitely not ok to predict specific people's deaths.

Ah, I'm sorry.

• Hitomi returns with a new band, saving art-kei. Soan will post vague, hateful tweets about it like the stupid baby he is.
  • Temari forms a new band after his Yoru Project is over.
  • MEJIBRAY disbands due to a scandal involving Tsuzuku.
  • Soan's project flops.
  • Soan goes to jail.
  • Soan joins ISIS.
  • chariots will find middling success, but will stick around anyway.
  • I will kiss Riku on the lips.
  • Kaya will join Starwave Records.
  • DEZERT disbands because Chiaki is nuts.
  • Kyouka's new band will disband.
  • Iori will form another band, possibly with Kaya.
  • Datura will become decently popular in Japan, much to the chagrin of MH, where they'll be mostly mocked a la MEJIBRAY.
  • Karma will return, but it won't be zetsubou-kei.