Sign in to follow this  
totoromi

Middle School Nostalgia

does anyone else still listen to almost everything they did in middle school? like preteens to early teens?  im still not over the entirety of Bad Vibrations by adtr and i still keep up with (or at least try to) seether and breaking benjamin, two bands ive listened to since elementary school (ik).  i also occasionally check out releases by other people i used to yell about internally 24/7

Edited by totoromi

I only seriously got into music around the time I was 13-14, but yeah, I'm having nostalgia overloads time and time again. :D A few weeks back I was on a massive Marilyn Manson / Static-X / Mudvayne binge, haha.

occasionally i'll find myself listening to muse and seether (and a bunch of the old emo shit i used to like) on youtube, but i don't listen to any of that stuff on the regular. i deleted it from my library long ago and have moved on.

when i was 12 i was discovering visual kei :P before that i wasn't big on music, just listened to what played on the radio

Edited by seurong

Not much. Used to listen to whatever played on the radio/MTV back then. Actually everything heavier was scary for me. Glad I got over that pretty quick, when I actually started to discover music on my own.

before i listened to vk and heavier stuff, which was around 12-13 years old, i listened to jpop shit lol.

i deleted most of my jpop stuff and only listen to them when i feel like visiting my old self, not on a regular basis.

still listen to all my old vk favorites though, of course!

when i was in middle school, it was also around the same time when i discovered the internet and watched dbz amvs all featuring the song "in the end" by linkin park and discovered the godliness of nu-metal bands and Rammstein and also was a total fucking weeb when i first got into techno while watching other anime amvs

bandwise i also stanned mcr and 30 seconds to mars, and shit like cinema bizarre and tokio hotel, & all those other emo bands ............i hated myself in middle school

Edited by midi:nette

Recently I was on the Silverstein tour. I really got flashbacks in the moment they played their older stuff.  Since that moment I started listening again some of my favorite bands from my middle school time.

When I was in middle school I was horrendously obsessed with Naruto lowkey still am  , anime in general, American pop, and electronic music. A-pop was relatively decent back then in my opinion..I don't want to mention any of my favorite songs or artists because I'd age myself.  ><  I still do listen to it occasionally, but I think my electronic tastes are still aligned as to how they are now.

At the end of middle school I discovered visual kei jrock and though I still listen to A9, the GazettE, and Vidoll a lot, I notice that i do not like certain songs as much as I used to anymore..and it makes me a tad bit sad. I also don't like Versailles or D as much as I did in middle school, 'cause I don't listen to them at all now. Weird.

When it comes to classic rock yes. Everything else not really but I do still enjoy Take Off Your Pants and Jacket or some old school Linkin Park. I can't help but feel around that time Queen of the Damned possibly lead to my current musical tastes and influences.

I don't really remember most of the music I listened to around then since I had few cd's and aything else I heard was on the radio. it wasn't until 2003 when i got my first bass and really started listening to music. I would say at most 10% of my music collection is what I used to listen to back then.

I think I was heavily into Simple Plan for whatever reason, and Yellowcard. Which I still sort of like Yellowcard, since I saw them at Warped Tour where they were like "Yo we're disbanding in a couple of months."

^ haha, me too. I was one of those pesky little mallgoff kids who looked like ugly mansonite emos unable to draw even a straight line with kajal. I listened to whatever my also try hard edgy (and wannabe "satanist") schoolmates listened to: Nightwish, Manson, HIM, Evanescence, Green Day, Nirvana… 

Unlike my peers who all became "normal" or jocks after a while I sticked to "dark" stuff, but eventually dived deeper down into actual goth and darkwave music. Also around that time I discovered VK, which to me was now waaaay cooler than "those lame european and amurrican bands".

Out from all the embarrassing stuff I used to love as a teen I now only occasionally listen to. And that's mostly restricted to Nightwish (rarely), Deathstars (yes, I know…), Moonspell and Paradise Lost (they are actually still kewl in my book).

And of course I still listen to my old Veekay, because I am biased. 

Sign in to follow this