Original Saku

Official Monochrome Heaven Discord Server

So since I already released the MH Discord server into the wild last night in this thread on a whim, I figured I might as well make an official thread for the thing.

tumblr_oitrj428Ki1rfey86o1_1280.png

What is Discord?

Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed specifically for gaming. 

Discord was born out of our own frustrations with the voice and chat tools we all use while playing games. It’s a bit strange that in 2015 most of us are using chat apps that haven’t been updated in years to play games that are updated every week. We deserve better.

Discord brings gaming communication out of the stone age. It's free, easy to use, and with you even while you are AFK. 

So basically it's a skype/teamspeak alternative, it includes both text and voice chat. Don't let the gaming eccentric vibe throw you off, since the tool has been proven to be great for communities like ours as well. You can join our server and create a discord account by clicking the banner above, from there you have several options on  how to access the room. You can use discord straight form your browser, download the desktop app (recommended), or you can download the official app on android and IOS.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please use this thread to discuss. I'm currently the owner of the server and am running it atm so any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Original Saku

I've tried this a few times and both me and my gaming mate are far from impressed. It's been working like a poor man's Skype for the both of us.

On 12/27/2016 at 9:50 AM, Bear said:

I've tried this a few times and both me and my gaming mate are far from impressed. It's been working like a poor man's Skype for the both of us.

In all honesty I haven't used the voice chat much, so I can't really comment on that, but the text chat is excellent and leagues beyond what we've been using here on the forums.

Since it's finally the new year, and the holidays are over, I'm looking to grow the server. We already have a little group of active people in the chat and that's great that people have taken a liken to the service :D but I think it could stand to be a little more lively at times. To do this we need to find new ways to encourage members to give it a try, and also to give them reasons to stick around.

So basically we need to get the word out in the community. We have a banner and this thread, but these things can be easily missed. So let you're friends know about the discord server and encourage them to stop by for a friendly chat when they're bored.

On the other ticket, we need to make the server more inviting and piratical. At this moment in time there are only two channels within the server #General and #Random. these were just placeholder channels that I made when I originally created the server. If anyone has ideas for more specific channels let me know and I can add more to the server, both text and voice channels.

Which brings me to another matter of contention, is anybody interested in voice chat? I know that some people can be a little shy, so no pressure on them to use voice. but I also know that there are others who are not so timid. I personally would love to talk to some of you fine people over mic. Let me know.

And now the final piece of business. Mods. if you're interested in being a mod on the server let me know. Of course you will have to prove yourself by being active in the chat and having a good track record here on the forum, but I have no problem relinquishing some of that power to you lesser chatters :)

The addition of non-prejudiced moderators would likely be my first incentive for joining, indeed. If this turns out to be anything like the Skype chat used to be (quite hostile, a lot of member-bashing and an unmonitored environment which was a perfect place for starting fights), I think a lot of users will be greatly discouraged. 

I can chill on it while I game since I usually use it anyways to chat with random gaming buddies. I have no issues with voice chat and I'm quite talkative if there are other with similar interests there with me. I'll add the server later tonight when I get home from work.

@Original SakuI'd help out with modding if you need a hand.

9 hours ago, Lestat said:

The addition of non-prejudiced moderators would likely be my first incentive for joining, indeed. If this turns out to be anything like the Skype chat used to be (quite hostile, a lot of member-bashing and an unmonitored environment which was a perfect place for starting fights), I think a lot of users will be greatly discouraged. 

That won't happen here. I promise as long as I'm the server owner, everyone will be treated equally and hostile and malicious behavior will not be tolerated. The reason the skype chat became like that is because it was unofficial and was out of our hands, none of us had any power over it.

At the moment the only people who are moderated are the staff here that have joined the server. But like I said I'm looking into giving certain members limited mod powers to help out with the server, but of course that will be in the future.

Wondering the same thing.  I'm just NOW getting into Discord. I found the vk.gy and RarezHut Discord servers but no MH. :(