Sign in to follow this  
cvltic

Thoughts on KILLANETH's disbandment

killaneth was mocked frequently for having low audience turnout and a lot of net/foreign fans (i.e. not people who go to shows) so i think emmny is on track about one of the issues. and yeah someone in the band must really be sick of this shit if they're willing to cancel shows that far lol

RIP killaneth i was mildly interested in u

27 minutes ago, cvltic said:

killaneth was mocked frequently for having low audience turnout and a lot of net/foreign fans (i.e. not people who go to shows) so i think emmny is on track about one of the issues. and yeah someone in the band must really be sick of this shit if they're willing to cancel shows that far lol
RIP killaneth i was mildly interested in u

their kaisan oshirase blog tweet got like 300 retweets, which seems pretty low i think even more flop bands got more attention on theirs LOL. more people are inclined to tweet members' selfies rather than to spread their disbanding notice, so this is kind of hilarious. even for a band with mostly netgya i don't think anyone cares about their music LOLOL. this is why u dont fill ur band with hotties cuz it'll flop they would have flopped anyway but thats none of my business cuz they suck wink wink

tumblr_m2grs88gkD1qlo76fo1_500.png

2 hours ago, itsukoii said:

how many walmart mejibrays do we need

tumblr_odkx0feRvW1r6scm0o1_500.png

Edited by emmny

the issue is moreso that overseas/digital success doesn't really equate to financial gain or success with the "core" fan, the fans who attend shows.

it makes sense after all: if you're attending lives, you buy the tickets (maybe more than one), depending on things you might be negotiating and working with the fans from other bands for spots/ticket purchases/etc, you buy the merch and plaster it everywhere, you develop the band's "culture" like the furi (whether making it or participating in it), you buy the CDs etc. etc. etc. etc. and you use SNS to talk about all of these things.

because of this the live-attending fans can be dismissive of net gya/ongen gya (girls who buy CDs but don't come to shows) as ~not real fans~ which is obviously dumb as hell but the fans that go to lives tend to be the $$$ and can very much get all Regina George about it. having a lot of net/ongen/foreign fans isn't bad at all but if you can't match them with bodies at shows, it won't necessarily endear you to event organizers etc. in the same way... and people will shitpost about you.

A LITTLE LOUDER in case those "hurr durr i am #1 gaijin fan i buy all types of cd durrr durrrrrrr i am best fan u all suck" people here didn't get the message.

technically (according to jp girls) u arent a true fan unless you attend lives, buy cheki, attend in stores, buy merch. thats where their money is, of course, but its also ridiculous. so then who is a real fan? visual fans love to impose hierarchies of devotion onto each other, so think about how fucking stupid you look bragging about what you do compared to jouren or girls who actually do stuff for their band. at which point do u draw the line between a bandomen money sink or a true fan? exactly, there's always a bunch of people above you, so don't be a twat to those below. lets all be nice to each other, and support our bands as much as we want to without dragging others down because they support their bands in different ways u might not think is the best (except jouren/mitsu because duh).

i hate to go on this off-topic rant but i think its important considering some of the behavior i've seen on here recently.  also its none of my business *wink* BUT a lot of the people abroad claiming they are "good fans"  because of buying 3 types of a cd or something (god forbid spending 100s on live dists on auction which give more profit to gya then the musicians) don't do much financial for bands considering how much of the cut they actually get from CD sales lmfao.

NOW THAT I HAVE THIS OFF MY CHEST...LETS PROCEED.

i wanna see kai in a band less mejibray styled and more djenty tbh, it'd suit his vox more.

14 hours ago, emmny said:

lets all be nice to each other, and support our bands as much as we want to without dragging others down because they support their bands in different ways u might not think is the best

be nice then , 'cause so far....

14 hours ago, emmny said:

i hate to go on this off-topic rant but i think its important considering some of the behavior i've seen on here recently.  also its none of my business *wink* BUT a lot of the people abroad claiming they are "good fans"  because of buying 3 types of a cd or something (god forbid spending 100s on live dists on auction which give more profit to gya then the musicians) don't do much financial for bands considering how much of the cut they actually get from CD sales lmfao.

Then about that, I think you misunderstood some of the opinions of so called people who are claiming they are good fans

It is 100% obivous that bands get NOTHING from the CDs that are sold on auctions, and get almost nothing from the CDs they sell on shops. It's a fact, whoever thinks the opposite need to read some articles about VK and stuff.

It is also a fact that a fan in Japan, and a fan oversea are clearly not the same AT ALL. JP girls buy god knows how much copies of each CDs, to get all the privileges possible, they go to every lives of the bands they love, buy tons of chekis, go to instores,  some "date" bandmen etc, and when the band stops activity they sell everything on auctions 'cause they are pissed off, that's what I'd call a normal "real" JP fan. Saying they are crazy, they are spending too much money etc, is our own judgments. That's just how it goes in Japan (maybe happens too oversea for some artists, idk, not paying that much attention to that here)

Being a fan of a band oversea is SO different from that, you obviously can't go to lives, instores, etc, or at least 3/4 of us can't. Everything you do oversea means NOTHING to the band itself, they probably don't even know/care about oversea fans, so what you do as a fan oversea is just buy CDs/DVDs (regular and live limited releases) for yourself, to enjoy their music as much as possible, and thinking buying a CD here is supporting the band is a complete mistake, it doesn't, it just supports you pride of owning their music, and supports also your joy of listening to them, that's all. 

Saying spending 100$/€ on a live limited release is stupid is, once again, your own judgment, people can agree or not, I tend to agree with that. 

Those are two different concepts of fans, as long as people udnerstand those, they're good. I'm probably not 100% accurate on this, that's the way I think it is for me at least 

So yea for once, I'd agree with you @emmnythere's always someone above you, especially if you are oversea, nobody in here can compete with gyas, and gyas probably can't compete with some others Japanese fans, that are more hardcore than they already are (if that is possible)

Edited by Danao

On 11/6/2016 at 3:19 PM, Danao said:

Being a fan of a band oversea is SO different from that, you obviously can't go to lives, instores, etc, or at least 3/4 of us can't. Everything you do oversea means NOTHING to the band itself, they probably don't even know/care about oversea fans, so what you do as a fan oversea is just buy CDs/DVDs (regular and live limited releases) for yourself, to enjoy their music as much as possible, and thinking buying a CD here is supporting the band is a complete mistake, it doesn't, it just supports you pride of owning their music, and supports also your joy of listening to them, that's all.

I agree with everything you said but this. I created this as a brand new topic just so I could write this out.

I believe visual kei band members have a realistic mindset on this, especially if they're doing it for the money. They know we exist, and they want us to buy their releases, but the cost/effectiveness ratio is realistic for only the biggest of the visual bands. They know we pirate most of their stuff, and I'm 90% sure a lot of band members stalk this place - google the name of their release and all roads point back here sooner or later - but if you can't advertise overseas fighting piracy is even less realistic. I think most take the additional exposure and run because, hey, it's something. They won't count on us to come to their lives, but they definitely do count on us when they are trying to chart. And when I write a negative review of an album or single of a band I follow, you can bet that at the very least the x/10 portion comes through even if my criticisms don't. I don't know how many times I've made a suggestion that the band has taken seriously! (for example, Natsuki from -OZ- changed his singing style after ROUGE because fans were complaining that he always sounds the same). I think we can be a powerful voice but only in certain avenues since talking is all we can do to stay in contact with each other.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your post :)

I was surprised of their disbandment. At first as I heard their song "Serafu" I was shocked 'cause of they were clearly copying MEJIBRAY there (copy of Decadance... counting goats etc.). But after I accidentally heard APOCRYPHA I was surprised how cool they sounded and felt like they were kind of found their identity in vkei. Yes, they resembled MEJIBRAY a bit, but after MEJIBRAY changed in a complete different way I actually liked KILLANETH more.

It is sad that they disbanded, but that's life. Hopefully few of them are willing/able to continue working with music business.

Sign in to follow this