Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Urban Dead

So, I've been playing this game on and off for the last couple months and it's really great. However, it is past its prime and there's a lower player count now then in it's heyday. However that doesn't really change much as I think this will be around for a long long time and there's good fun to be had.

What is Urban Dead?

Urban Dead is an online browser game MMORPG which takes place in a city called Malton, a fictional city in England. A zombie outbreak happens and the city is quarantined. Survivors are trapped in the city with zombies. The game is mostly text based with a map. You can start as a human or zombie, and all players in the game, human or zombie are actual people. As a human you can try to hold down suburbs in the city, or live life as a loner moving from spot to spot. As a zombie it's all about eating dem brainz. Personally I like to play as a survivor. The graphics are paltry, only consisting of a city map and a text based on the building you're in, or the description of the street or building you're outside of. However, as a survivor or zombie there is alot of stuff you can do, and as it's basically a sandbox RPG you set your own goals. The game starts slow, but it builds up into a phenomenal experience of hide and seek.

How do I play?

In Urban Dead you have 50 action points to spend on your character per day. You regain 1 AP every 30 minutes and the game does not take that long to play each day, and is completely free. Also, there is a function called ISP hits, where you can only hit the server 160 times a day. This includes reloading the screen, checking other people's profiles etc.  However, this guide can explain it far better than I can and will show you the ropes on how to survive in Malton on day 1 of your adventure. 

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/First_Day_in_Malton

Other things to be noted:

You can have multiple characters. I heavily recommend you start as the Firefighter class.  Also your characters need to be at least 3 suburbs away from eachother, or you face lower loot rates, lower chance to hit, and if you land two characters from the  the same IP adress on the exact same square of the map you will be banned!  All in all this is a fun game, and I finally got another friend to play it. We're looking to increase our presence in Malton, and we're looking for players to fight the undead hordes (who are people, these aren't retard zombies!)  

For more details, please private message me here or message me on the discord server and I'll share my character's details and additional information to help you get started. Also, if you decide to play please don't just make a character before you've read the previous FAQ I posted.

http://www.urbandead.com/

If anyone wants to play with me and a couple friends of mine, I'd be eternally grateful. You don't spend much time on the game per day, and you can even play it from your smartphone without downloading an app or anything.  Cheers!

Edited by Atreides

Sign in to follow this