Dudemanguy

X Japan - We Are X: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

On 27/01/2017 at 2:56 PM, Dudemanguy said:

Yoshiki the 10/10 troll. There are people that have literally died waiting for this album to come out including a couple of X Japan members!

Lmao the noise I just made 

I was just listening to art of life back in the day and it kills me how talented these guys are. I mean I'm sure we can all remember our first x Japan song/album. I just hate seeing them get drawn out like this. 

I guess it's a good thing mama lives in LA these days

these tweets will be serving some self-incriminating realness if her Japanese office ever gets raided by vk speed police

Hey you gotta give the man a break! You haven't seen the photos! He was collapsed on the floor after all those recording sessions!

He is pouring all his creativity into this soundtrack and all he gets is this bitching.

please, wake up

What was he recording exactly ?

except LA Venus, what's new in this ? NOTHING

even LA venus probably didn't need "recording" since it was already made for the movie itself, most likely completely recorded months ago

I highly doubt there are any new recording of those old titles, but it will surely give Yoshiki a "good reason" to postpone X album AGAIN 

SO yes of course he gets this bitching, and he's literaly searching it, and he's been for years now

Edited by Danao

haha lol. I was just kidding. Yoshiki is the most ridiculous person I know.

I've actually been listening a lot to their older live stuff recently. And Taiji was such a huge part of the band. I didn't realize it before, but he seems to be really down-to-earth-kinda guy and gave X the rock n roll vibe I'm so badly missing these days. After he left, hide was still fighting against Yoshiki the band, but since then it's gotten out of control.

Yoshiki is actually insane. He's got a backlog of incredible and rare demo tracks, yet he keeps reissuing the same stuff on a yearly basis. Was saying on another site, the only appealing thing about this at all is the potential fresh remaster of Standing Sex, but even that might just be a live version, I can't even tell  what is or isn't a live recording on this messy compilation.

Edited by TadakatsuH0nda

23 hours ago, TadakatsuH0nda said:

Yoshiki is actually insane. He's got a backlog of incredible and rare demo tracks, yet he keeps reissuing the same stuff on a yearly basis. Was saying on another site, the only appealing thing about this at all is the potential fresh remaster of Standing Sex, but even that might just be a live version, I can't even tell  what is or isn't a live recording on this messy compilation.

It says  "Standing Sex (From X Japan RETURNS)" That's from 1993 tour. 

What are these incredible demo tracks? I've only heard some pre-Vanishing Vision stuff, which are pretty so-so traditional heavy metal and then some stuff that was on indies compilation Rose&Blood. Of course I'd take new versions of those songs any day, rather than what we're having, but X has sailed away from those kinds of songs long time ago already. I'm afraid :/

HEY LATEST NEWS!! Yoshiki just released his new perfume!

Edited by orange~

Ah, too bad it's a live version...

They had some pretty awesome tracks that they never officially released, and the few they did never were reissued at any point, Break the Darkness (they had two versions back in the day, both pretty good), Only Way, Tuneup Baby, Right Now, Stop Bloody Rain, Feel Me Tonight, Steal Your Heart, Lady in Tears, Install and even more than that. It's not likely to happen, just saying it would be incredibly cool if he even considered any of the above, since he's got so many old X songs laying around.

On 01/02/2017 at 7:53 AM, orange~ said:

HEY LATEST NEWS!! Yoshiki just released his new perfume!

Ha! It like the man exists to make GACKT's shameless self-commodification look good.

Elsewhere, looks like someone got pissed about Yoshiki getting all the credit for X: http://hayashixdeyama.tumblr.com/

Edited by Vercingetorix

On 2/2/2017 at 1:56 PM, TadakatsuH0nda said:

Ah, too bad it's a live version...

They had some pretty awesome tracks that they never officially released, and the few they did never were reissued at any point, Break the Darkness (they had two versions back in the day, both pretty good), Only Way, Tuneup Baby, Right Now, Stop Bloody Rain, Feel Me Tonight, Steal Your Heart, Lady in Tears, Install and even more than that. It's not likely to happen, just saying it would be incredibly cool if he even considered any of the above, since he's got so many old X songs laying around.

I agree early era X is great and would love to hear proper studio versions but I actually wouldn't fault him for not releasing those. For starters, most were never recorded in a studio. A few of those (Right Now, Tuneup Baby, Only Way) were directly done by guitarist Jun / Hisashi Takai and once he left, none of those songs were really played again afterwards, IFAIK.

SBR, Feel Me Tonight and Lady in Tears had demos but nothing they could remaster by any means, even if those master tapes existed they would possible sound not great since they didn't have a budget to properly record, and you know Yoshiki and his recording habits now!, not to mention they all scream of 80's Iron Maiden influenced metal which the band has long moved past.

Install never made it far and it's probably for the best. It wouldn't have fit well with VV, I think. I doubt a proper studio version exists for the same usually no time / no budget  scenario most bands suffered through early in their careers.

I'm more annoyed that alot of those demos on Rose and Blood didn't get picked for Jealousy. 'Shadows' , 'Light Breeze' and 'Rose and Blood', while being somewhat typical of the time period and the latter being Xclamation 2.0, would've rounded out the album better. I don't hate many X / X Japan's songs but that album has two of my most hated, Desperate Angel and Joker (Celebration 2.0!) that I would've gladly traded out for the aforementioned demos. Those demos were clearly better songs and with proper recording polish would've sounded even better. But of course, we know the story, Yoshiki didn't like the demos, the band got annoyed the songs didn't get used and Taiji ultimately got kicked out.

I've always dreamed and hoped that the early Violet UK tracks would get released one day. The ones from 1996-2001 or so. It's a crime that they never did.  White poem I is a great example that escaped obscurity by being used as a X song, the rest were snippits used in the 7-11 commercials, the Sane movie, and in a few other odd promotional places. They had an old school trip hop feel or like Massive Attack which had broken big around the same time before the VUK project became mush-filled electronic songs like a protools sample project screaming about the infinite number of layers it could support which is what those songs in 2005 on myspace and Itunes felt like . I imagine there being no chance of those every being released now, if they were, they'd be reworked into dreck.

Here's one VUK early song which legend goes was played at a press event by Yoshiki.  Amazing to my ears!

Edited by carddass

Incredible.

Remember like 15 years ago when Yoshiki said he couldn't release whatever project he was working on because someone broke into his car, where he had the master recordings sitting in his car baking in the sun, while he ate lunch in LA and stole them...... and he didn't have them backed up.... anywhere?

I didn't believe it back when I was 14 and I sure don't fucking believe it now, either. Dude is a just a deluded liar.

I actually do remember that now. For some reason I applied that story to Tetsuya Komuro instead of Yoshiki.
It sounded fantastic and unbelievable back then....and almost plausible....and then the excuses started piling up year after year with bogus announcements and as a fan I started to realize most of what he says is a sham.