Sign in to follow this  
suji

LOUDNESS forced to cancel US tour

LOUDNESS has been forced to cancel their US tour when the band was denied entry to the United States on April 18. They were originally scheduled to start off the tour by appearing at Reggie's in Chicago on April 19; the venue has since broken the news of the cancellation. The venue and the band have claimed that the strict immigration policies created by the Trump administration was to blame.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-loudness-denied-us-entry-cancel-reggies-show-story.html

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/did-trump-new-immigration-policies-cause-cancelation-of-loudnesss-u-s-tour/

Edited by sheepprincessgara

Trump didn't change anything for artists? I believe he didn't even change a thing yet.

So whatever reason, it's strange that there are troubles now,

But people say that they were not allowed to enter the country 3 times before this time too.(In all the years they went to the US, so the past 20-30 years.)

Well, hopefully they will be able to tour a different time.

But Trump can't be the reason. 

4 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

Trump didn't change anything for artists? I believe he didn't even change a thing yet.

So whatever reason, it's strange that there are troubles now,

But people say that they were not allowed to enter the country 3 times before this time too.(In all the years they went to the US, so the past 20-30 years.)

Well, hopefully they will be able to tour a different time.

But Trump can't be the reason. 

Agreed, I heard that this wasn't their first rodeo here, but I didn't really know too much about it since I don't follow this band. It's odd that they're blaming immigration policies when other Japanese and other foreign bands have been able to perform here in the States, even under Trump. I believe it was because it had something to do with their visas, which is briefly stated in one of the articles.

They've had to cancel US tours before; this isn't really a new thing. And for artists, I don't believe anything has changed in terms of immigration policies.

Yeah, I'm more inclined to blame the band's manager or whomever is in charge than anything else. It's supposed to be your job to keep your papers and everything in order so the tour goes without a hitch. The articles say there was something wrong with the "exemption papers" so my first guess is that they might have expired.

1 minute ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Agreed, I heard that this wasn't their first rodeo here, but I didn't really know too much about it since I don't follow this band. It's odd that they're blaming immigration policies when other Japanese and other foreign bands have been able to perform here in the States, even under Trump.

Yeah Gacharic Spin was just in Houston recently.

Edited by Dudemanguy

2 minutes ago, Dudemanguy said:

The articles say there was something wrong with the "exemption papers" so my first guess is that they might have expired.

Yeah, or maybe they "forgot" a document.

But usually the band also shares that they are on the WAY to US or to EUROPE. but if you check Akira's twitter you only see him apology that the tour got canceled. and on the official facebook there was also nothing about that they started their TRIP to the US.

(aka, usually they share a photo of the airport)

which is also a bit odd.

And isn't it that visa can be denied even if you are not yet in the US? That they can tell you exactly if your papers are right to enter?

But well paperwork, also the person who wanted to bring them to the US, that manager also should do his homework better and to be sure that a band got the right papers.  

3 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

Yeah, or maybe they "forgot" a document.

But usually the band also shares that they are on the WAY to US or to EUROPE. but if you check Akira's twitter you only see him apology that the tour got canceled. and on the official facebook there was also nothing about that they started their TRIP to the US.

(aka, usually they share a photo of the airport)

which is also a bit odd.

And isn't it that visa can be denied even if you are not yet in the US? That they can tell you exactly if your papers are right to enter?

But well paperwork, also the person who wanted to bring them to the US, that manager also should do his homework better and to be sure that a band got the right papers.  

I don't think Loudness has cancelled all of their US shows (it's on their website still at any rate). There's supposed to be one today and while I doubt that will actually happen; it's possible they might be able to come into the country to do some of the latter shows on their tour.

Just now, Dudemanguy said:

I don't think Loudness has cancelled all of their US shows (it's on their website still at any rate). There's supposed to be one today and while I doubt that will actually happen; it's possible they might be able to come into the country to do some of the latter shows on their tour.

The band have already announced that they've arrived home in Japan, so that's highly unlikely.

True, but if it's just some minor paper issue that can be sorted out quickly. It's not unreasonable for them to get back on a plane soon and make it in time for some of the shows in the middle of the tour. It was supposed to go until the 29th.

Again, that may have to do with their visas, since their venues were charging entry fees, although the band themselves were performing for free...

43 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

Yeah this one might  be some weird grey area legal thing. Looking up ESTA on the website, it says that being approved does not mean that you are automatically admissible to the US and you must also be approved through the Visa Waiver Program. No idea what the law says about foreigners performing for promotional purposes only (and not payment), but this one might have been a case that would have been overlooked in the previous administration. It's not so much of a policy change, but more of an enforcement issue which boils down to customs.

Regardless, Loudness would have definitely needed an O or P visa since they were dong paid work.

Edited by Dudemanguy

I had tickets for the Saturday show here in Puerto Rico. I already processed my claim for the refund but the promoters here have no idea as to the real reason it was cancelled. They just told me the same thing in that article.  Bitches

Nothing is new here, it is always hard to enter States since ages ago for Asians. Not really sure what happened. But if they try to enter with tourist visa but they are going to perform, they'll be denied ofc. There were this kind of sleazy event organisers who would do this, it happened in the past.

Sign in to follow this