Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

8-eit has reformed and new album "YELLOW" announced

Japanese jazz band 8-eit has resurfaced with a new line-up and their new album 「yellow」 is scheduled for a 2017/10/4 Release. In addition,
IDA TOMOTAKA【Upright Bass】, SAKURAI KIYOTAKA【Drums】, and MATSUBARA HIROSHI【Piano】 have left the band and have been replaced by YUJIROU WANTANABE【Upright Bass】 and MASANORI OYAMA【Drums】.

o1715169513966079474.jpg?caw=800

8-eit is now:

shinichi tsubaki【Vocal】
daisuke aradate【Guitar】
yujirou watanabe【Upright Bass】
masanori oyama【Drums】

https://www.the8-eit.com/news/

They will also hold a one-man live at club asia on 2017/10/7.

hell yea...................................................................

4 hours ago, herpes said:

Great news but no pianist now? Hm.

It surprised me at first too but when I binged their disco in celebration I noticed that their last 3 singles had more of a guitar/rock focus as opposed to the piano focus of everything before it. Seems like this is going to be influenced somewhat by tsubaki's solo project, which honestly might not be that bad. They could always still use the piano but they might settle for a session artist who knows?

Also, I apparently missed that they changed their name to The 8-eit?

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

It surprised me at first too but when I binged their disco in celebration I noticed that their last 3 singles had more of a guitar/rock focus as opposed to the piano focus of everything before it. Seems like this is going to be influenced somewhat by tsubaki's solo project, which honestly might not be that bad. They could always still use the piano but they might settle for a session artist who knows?

Also, I apparently missed that they changed their name to The 8-eit?

hopefully they'll get a session in.

if not he better go all the way back to his early, iconic work

I just read the email from cdjapan with the link to preorder the album, now I am crying.  Did you all watch the youtube pv? It's awesome, though i am missing the piano, but maybe they will take someone in later on

Sign in to follow this