Tokage

Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington dead

Apparently, Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington has been found dead today, cause of death appears to be suicide.

Not much else is known at this point.

Source here:  http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

But to be honest, guys, we still have to wait for more details from the band themselves since TMZ does not really have that good of a track record to begin with (i.e. falling for dead hoaxes years ago or so).

Here's to Mike Shinoda and his take on this, I admit I may have been too quick...

Alot of celebrities and such are tweeting about it, so I doubt its a hoax or fake

anyway, Linkin park were a my favorite band growing up, I think that's true for alot of people my aged, so I'm pretty shocked/sad. 

Hearing In The End on Finnish television back in the day is what set me on the path of being edgy. I had never heard screaming in a song before and I was completely enamoured with it, of being that angry and sad in a song when before all I had surely heard in my life was some cookie cutter radio shit that one just tolerated to listen to out of habit. I got Hybrid Theory for my 8th birthday and I was told to turn it off because it was bothering the dumb guests; an informative childhood moment in realising that I just hate everybody.

Linkin Park was basically my fucking childhood. I remember marathoning through their music videos on my first computer when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I always loved watching them on Fuse or any other music channels; they were probably the band that got me started on stanning bands and loving edgy music in the first place. No matter what road they went down in eventually, that doesn't replace the previous albums that I grew up with, and they still hold a special place in my heart. I believe I still have Hybrid Theory stuffed in my closet.

RIP Chester. ♥ What a huge loss.

9 minutes ago, leighla said:

Okay, thanks for confirming - I noticed AP's tweet on this one

...depression, man.

I liked LP when I was 11, tried to get into them again when I was 14 but just couldn't. Still though......

WHAT! THE! FUCK! MY BRAIN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Very sad to hear about his passing, LP is the reason why I ever got into any type of rock music.

RIP Chester 

I was hoping for a hoax until the very end ...

I'm so shocked and I don't know what to say ...

They were the first band I've ever owned a CD of, they were the band that introduced me to Metal ...

Rest in peace Chester.

Stunned beyond words. LP was my first major musical obsession and pretty much opened the gates for me to alternative music which eventually snowballed into an exploration of everything other than what was served on TV.  It was also the first time I seriously admired the frontman of a band and was so taken with someone's vocals and lyrics. So many memories of overplaying sprees, singing and dancing to them at rock parties, re-watching the Meteora making-of as if it was the most magical thing ever, coming up with dumb parodies of their songs during boring classes, I pretty much can't dissociate my childhood from them and I wouldn't write such corny discourse other than for them. It also makes me very bitter that I missed their concert here some years ago because I was caught up in  stuff that was ultimately not that important in retrospect. Now I'll never get another chance. His poor family tho, I just read he had 6 children. Just painful.

I also just realized that it's Chris Cornell's birthday; I hear they were really close, and it's really heartbreaking to see Chester succumb to the same fate as Chris did.

I remember watching the video of Pts.Of.Athrty back in 2002 or something and being amazed at the heavy sound and ''insanely cool'' CGI. I'd run back home from the garden every time it came on MTV.

Good times.

LP was very important to my teen self getting into bandmusic. While I wasn't nearly as much into them as I used to be in their early days I have to admit this hit me more than I thought it would.

Rest in peace dude, you'll be missed by a near whole generation who grow up with your voice.