Takadanobabaalien

グリーヴァ (Grieva) to disband

8 hours ago, emmny said:

[MAD]ist 4eva grieva will be missed

everyone else nailed it, i think these guys got bored of whatever they were doing and half assed everything from the VA comp onward. That said, they are all insanely talented and i didn't see any retirement messages (i hope my jp reading queens didnt fail to mention this) so i think they will split up and continue onward

im curious as to whats next though, but to see them go down as such a respected band (3k+ rts on kaisan tweet!!!) is satisfying because they were truely amazing. they have also literally gigged with everyone in the indies scene for the past 5 years so the world is their oyster i just hope they dont go corporate kei, shit djent, satsuki or oshare out of respect for themselves.

+1 on a karma + grieva unit....can u imagine the fucking yami holy shit

lineup:

vo. karma

gu. haru & roku

ba: zen

dr: yuugo

FUCCCKKKKKKKCKCKCKCKCKC

All members have left comments actually, I've just been too lazy to translate them. I'll do it during the weekend. Anyway, none of the members seem to be happy with disbanding actually, which is what initially made think it might be more of Yukika's decision than anything else (the Japanese fans seem to think so too).

25 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

All members have left comments actually, I've just been too lazy to translate them. I'll do it during the weekend. Anyway, none of the members seem to be happy with disbanding actually, which is what initially made think it might be more of Yukika's decision than anything else (the Japanese fans seem to think so too).

i saw they left member comments on the original kaisan post, but i wasn't sure as to whether their comments were hinting at individual/collective retirement from music. tbh if u scanned already and didn't pick up on anything then all is good in the world

interesting tea tho...rebel against that old WHORE!!

Alright so I decided to translate them anyway, so here they are:

Too all [MAD]ist

Delivering news like this to everyone who kept believing in us, and for us to not keeping our promise until the end is very hurtful to say the least.

These five years with Grieva is something that I won't be able to exchange for anything ever.

We managed to get great members, [MAD]ist's and lots of valueable friends.

We laughed a lot

We cried a lot

There's been a lot of stuff we've regret

And we've seen a lot of beautiful things

In all of this I managed to find my reason to live, and the place where I belong

Spending days as Grieva was nothing but happiness to me.

I wanted to protect it forever, but in the end I couldn't.

I'm terribly sorry.

I can't thank all of you enough.

Us actually existing for five years as band is all thanks to you.

For the remaining gigs, I want to express this feeling and create even more beautiful atmosphere than what we have been able to do so far,

therefore please stay with us until the very end

Grieva KYOUKI

Thank you for always supporting Grieva!

We started Grieva in 1st of july 2012, but 30th of december it has to come to an end.

To me, Grieva is like a family and the life I have built up. 

We've been troubled and thought a lot together

Smiling together everyday, trying to become a better Grieva together

Seeing fans getting happy because of us

Wondering how we're going to face new fans, how to get new fans

We've searched for answers for all these things together.

The fact that we managed to do all this, with all these amazing members is something I proudly boast about.

Five years is definitely not little time, and if all of you weren't here for us then nothing of this would ever be possible, and I also wouldn't have been able to grow as much as I have.

Thank you all so much.

The time we have left together is barely none, but

I want to give back the favor to each one of you during the remaining gigs.

If you think "Grieva was such a great band" when you're thinking back on us, then surely nothing will actually change and we'll continue to grow.

We'll keep on fighting until the very end, so please continue support us!

Grieva ROKU

Thank you for always supporting us.

From 2012 we've changed a lot, we said goodbye to members but still kept looking forward and doing activity. However, at 30th december this year we have decided to call it quits.

We're all very good friends and we've felt a lot of stuff together.

We've always encouraged each other so much, and to be honest, for the first time in my life I've thought "So this is what friends are!". 

I really think we managed to create one of the best bands.

If I'm going to be honest, had I not been invited to join Grieva at that time then me today would be very different.

These five years has been a rocky road, but because of that we have all been able to grow personally and as a band.

Being able to keep doing this for five years has been all thanks to you. Getting up on stage, seeing all of you has always made me think "this is my reason for living".

These five years has been the absolute best of my life so far.

I feel nothing but gratefulness because you made me be able to be this happy with my band, all of you, and all our staff.

Thanks for supporting us for five years!

There's not much time left but I want you all to come to our final gig and leave no regrets behind as we close up this band. We're going to do our best for every last show we still got up until then, so please come support us until the end!

Grieva HARU

It's been five long years, huh. Time goes fast!

I wonder if you're all mad when you're reading this announcement? Or maybe you're sad? Sorry for such a sudden announcement.

For me personally I could continue play in this band with these members for the rest of my life.

Every day we've had a gig I've been so happy.

A lot of you have told me "Grieva has saved me" and it always made me happy to hear. On the contrary, I think hearing those words have saved me in a way.

Being able to play bass in this band as Hisame, and having all of you fans has always made me so happy.

There's not much time left but we have a lot of gigs, let's enjoy them to the fullest together!

Grieva HISAME

This band Grieva is the band I've done most things in

The band I laughed with the most

The band I cried with the most

The band I thought "I am so happy" with the most

The band I've regret most things with

All of this as Yuugo from Grieva

And me as a person

Is something I thought I'd never experience.

And this is my fortune, in a life I thought nothing about me ever would change.

We've fought so hard together, done stupid shit together and discussed our dreams together.

It all comes to and end 30th of december.

Grieva has been active for five years, and it's been three years since I was invited.

I don't think if I'm the one to say this but in a good way it feels as if Grieva has combusted.

Either way Grieva will be Grieva until the very end.

None of us are on bad terms or anything like that.

If we all can treasure each day as it is and have fun together then I'll be happy. 

Feast your eyes on Grieva until the very end, if we're able to leave a mark on your heart forever then I'll be happy.

Sorry for everything ending.

Please support us until the very end.

Grieva YUUGO

On 4.8.2017 at 0:01 AM, emmny said:

lineup:

vo. karma

gu. haru & roku

ba: zen

dr: yuugo

FUCCCKKKKKKKCKCKCKCKCKC

skimmed through the post and only saw this I think my heart skipped a beat for a sec cuz I thought it was real

this was the sweetest yet most painful hope I had today thanks @emmny*sigh*

At first I thought "WTF is this band trying to do?being the new old dir en grey or what?!" but after some time their music just grown on me and I think they found their own identity. I'll miss Grieva, I'll miss kyouki's voice on new songs,so I hope this is not the end for any of them in the vk scene

Edited by Manji 卍

8 minutes ago, Shaolan974 said:

I was too fast, it's a session band :

狂鬼?(朔/ゴシップ)
碌?(茜/ゴシップ)
陽?(佳衣/DIAURA)
緋雨?(零/ゴシップ)
優冴?(達也/DIAURA)

oh shit! i don't blame u, looks just like them xD that's too cool!

[setlist @ 12/30 at Takadanobaba AREA]

1部
1.Dead[en]D
2.操リ人間
3.鬼ノ犇メク籠目唄
4.Fake
MC
5.Betrayal
6.血液ゼリィ
7.幻影Syndrome
8.Hateful fragrance
中間SE