ficsci

Bad visual kei vocalists

SO MUCH DEBAUCHERY IN THIS TOPIC.

How anyone can say Kousei (GHOST), Kirito (PIERROT), Sui (MEGAROMANIA, check out that vibrato, bro), Kouki (D=OUT), Tatsurou (MUCC), Shou (Alice Nine, he has improved tremendously since Givuss!) are bad!?

*head explodes*

Well i don't really think about a vocalist "skills" if he can stir up some good vibes, and express the truest emotions by merely singing, i deem him/her a good vocalist.

here goes the list of vocalist i either don't like, or feel they've lost their ability to do their thing well.

Yuuki since eros, so awful to listen to...

Ice (EROS) i don't approve of what he is doing in black gene, doesn't suit him in any way, i want XodiacK back.

Byou, since ancient rain he lost his ability to sing well.

Satoshi? Whatever his name is, Girugämesh is pretty much dead to me since music.

Rayka, wtf is he doing in realies... it's horrible.

Kyo, i've yet to hear anything good from that man.

Mao since... dress? probably a release further back the line, he seriously needs to pull himself together, big time.

Yohio, his voice... just no, it's an insult to anything that's vkei.

Vocalist from larc en ciel, terribly dull and boring vocals, same goes for luna sea miyavi and x japan.

Vocalist from lolita23q, since they got that new one, everything just went down the drain.

Vocalist from HERe:NE, she is so annoying, goes right on my nerves. (it's a girl right? please tell me it is)

Let's finish the list with SuG and Lmc, dull and boring vocals.

Phew, was good to let out some steam <3

I'd say Kamijo nowadays. It feels like he has to force emotions to his voice and he's struggling way too much with everything. Also he's overdoing that goat-like vibrato :\

Can't think of anyone else at the moment, but there may be more

Well i don't really think about a vocalist "skills" if he can stir up some good vibes, and express the truest emotions by merely singing, i deem him/her a good vocalist.

here goes the list of vocalist i either don't like, or feel they've lost their ability to do their thing well.

Ice (EROS) i don't approve of what he is doing in black gene, doesn't suit him in any way, i want XodiacK back.

Satoshi? Whatever his name is, Girugämesh is pretty much dead to me since music.

Mao since... dress? probably a release further back the line, he seriously needs to pull himself together, big time.

Vocalist from larc en ciel, terribly dull and boring vocals, same goes for luna sea miyavi and x japan.

Vocalist from lolita23q, since they got that new one, everything just went down the drain.

Vocalist from HERe:NE, she is so annoying, goes right on my nerves. (it's a girl right? please tell me it is)

mind is blown... Ryuichi from LS included in a bad vocalist list.. that should be made illegal for musical blasphemy!

Just because you think he is good, doesn't mean i have to think so as well. There's no universal meaning of "being good".

It's up to the individual person to pass judgement on the vocalists, everyone sounds unique, every persons mind is unique, which will therefore result in different opinions and different taste.

I've seen a lot of hate on Re:dis vocalist, but i absolutely love his raw voice. It's full of passion and i can feel everything he puts into his work.

The vocalists i listed, have never been able to do that to me, or they've lost their ability to do so with their current work.

SO MUCH DEBAUCHERY IN THIS TOPIC.

How can anyone say Kousei (GHOST), is bad!?

*head explodes*

I completely agree with this, poor Kousei. :( Some bad vocalists are:

Rayka (in REALies)

Takeru (SuG)

Key (Braze A Trail)

juju (▲eureka)

Kazusa (Croix Chevalier)

Saika (Dolce.)

At least in b4 Atsushi bashing.

Also it gives me a reason to pull out this gif:

tumblr_m4nsp4Onl11rvr0e4o1_400.gif

Satoshi is a good vocalist though imo.

The thread is about bad vocalists and not vocalists that you are not into

That.

@ Thedane, there's a difference between finding a singer bad just cause you don't like what he does, and the fact that he is actually bad, just be objective

Cause I really don't get how people can find Ryuchi from Luna Sea bad, as he is known to be one of the best singer, and that's not only my opinion.

Some people don't like Luna Sea, but still recognize Ryuchi is good at what he does.

and If you don't know what a bad vocalist is, just check ver meer pv on youtube.

Congratulations on your god awful taste

I can only recall one actually bad vocalist. There are probably others as well, mostly from really really small bands, but somehow they've not stuck in my mind.

Anyways, Mashiro from Paradeis. He's actually just horrible. :'D He couldn't stay on tune even if his life depended on it. Also, his singing is quite emotionless and he sounds like he's incredibly bored and singing just to pass time. To be honest, he sounds like a 3-year-old with no musical talent whatsoever. Or well, he might have musical talent as much as a 3-year-old should have.

Other one is probably ex-Arc's, now FUTURISM BOYZ CO-. I mean... I love him. I love him to death, but I can see why most people don't agree with me. :'D Especially earlier Arc stuff was rather hilarious than musically genius. He sang so passionately, yet failed completely to hit the right notes. He was always kinda singing somewhere close the real melody, but there was something off about it. When I first listened to Arc's Rakugaki Kyoukasho I didn't exactly know whether I was supposed to laugh or cry. I almost started hating him. :'D

Like, really, give it a go:

hnbSqgbjs7c

^ I LOVE that song.

But yeah I see what you mean there, and this is a good example even though I quite like his voice.

May I say, I'd change the topic's name in "VK Vocalists who should get singing lessons" or "VK with not so good vocald (personal opinion)" or something?

It sounds like you really hate them. I mean - there must always be a reason why they have fans, right?

Also, I like e.g. Takerus vocals because he's super unforgettable and thank about one thing: What would the band be with other vocals? Seriously, SuG for example here sound so cute, happy and SuG-like because that's how Takeru makes the lyrics sound; the vocals + the instrumentals make the music.

I hope you get what I mean. I also don't like some vocalists' voice but without them the band wouldn't sound like they do. :)

Oh, and also I think there should really be a thread for good vocalists. For example Sono of Matenrou Opera would (for me) also be good in singing other songs (I mean - he could sing Pop songs and sound awesome!). <3

i agree with the above.

anyway there are 3 ways to judge

1) someone has good voice , has talent

2) has good singing technique / knows how to sing correctly ( you may have voice but don't sing correctly so it sounds funny)

3) personal taste in voice

for example you may not like tatsuro's voice but noone can say he doesn't have voice/talent or he doesn't know how to use his voice .

i am gonna say examples about people i like because the people i don't like are so many i don't know where to start.

i like very much oz music but i hate natsuki's high voice so much. it annoys me. I HATE IT.

but the lower voice has so much awesomness. i am amazed. seriously amazed.

so i think he knows how to sing correctly although he doesn't have such a good voice

kouki from d=out i think his voice is awful but he also knows how to sing correctly probably

(you may don't have a good voice but if you know how to sing correctly the song can be listenable)

IDK GUYS I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH:

Tetsu (Malice Mizer)

Genki (VanessA)

Miyavi
FRYPAN (i know so many people hate him but meh)

AND THATS ALL I CAN REMEMBER ATM.

but i really really cannot fucking stand Miku's or Mashiro's horrible throaty death rattle.
and Shou isnt quite my cup of tea either.
Mao (Sadie)
Byo (Screw)
Takeru (SuG)
...pretty much any oshare band tbh. Other than OrderMade.

^ Saying you don't like any oshare vocalist is like saying you don't like any chocolate without trying the good ones. That's generalizing. Have you listened to ALL oshare bands? Because that's the only way you're qualified to dislike them all.

The worst vocalist I've hear live were Ayabie's one and Kamijo.

I almost pissed myself when I saw Tatsuro, Sono, Kirito, Otogi, Ryuichi Kawamura  & Asagi listed here :)

Also, I definitely don't agree that EVERY VK vocalist is bad, Yuki Sakurai (professionally schooled opera singer, 5 octaves, currently teaching other vocalists how to sing) from rice was vocalist of Raphael,which definitely was a VK band.

Hmm, on the scale of vocalists I don't like personally, there would be Kamijo and Ai (Deathgaze). The one from Kiryu is also pretty annoying with his high-pitched voice.

And then there are surely the one of Byakura and Ruki (Gazette). Annoying whining no good for I.

Tsuzuku (Mejibray), Kamijo, Jojo (Gallo), Yuuki (Initial L), and all the vk vocalists who are so bad that they have to use autotune to record their shit. 

Edited by sheepprincessgara