Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

11 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

But ya know what, maybe NAZARE disbanding is DIMLIMs guardian angel, maybe Issei should come back and set Retsu and the lads straight and make them great again. Why not bring uta along for the ride as well? Haha.

I was gonna say, 2020 would be THE year where Issei coming back would be possible lol And YES uta needs to join dimlim, the guy is good. But maybe too visual heavy for the new damlam (I love his style and would hate to see it be replaced by suits and clean face :()

1 hour ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Well said and every post you've made here has been absolutely spot on. I agree we need to disagree and drop this now but after all this I find it completely bewildering we have one member who literally doesn't seem to be understanding anything anyone is saying and tbh their obsession with DIMLIM from what they've said here is a bit scary. So there's no point anyone saying anything if you don't think everything DIMLIM have done revolving the release of MISC and post has been anything short of incredible. Haha. 

As many have said, the change of musical style and look wasn't the problem for me either. Just a shame to see this band who were doing so well for themselves basically destroy themselves. I mean with the lack of activity and engagements of any kind they have no one to blame but themselves for people losing interest in them. And the comparisons to Dir en Grey changing styles are completely dumbfounded as yes, they changed styles, but they were also WAYYYYYY more popular after releasing their first album than DIMLIM have been in their entire career. Unless DIMLIM secretly did a sold out show on the release of VARIOUS or CHEDDAR no one has ever told me about?? Lol.

Funny it was mentioned that NAZARE show reports recently have claimed they weren't well attended.... I saw some clips Issei posted of drumcams during shows and was actually surprised how well attended they were considering the situation and the impending disbandment.... 😕 But ya know what, maybe NAZARE disbanding is DIMLIMs guardian angel, maybe Issei should come back and set Retsu and the lads straight and make them great again. Why not bring uta along for the ride as well? Haha.

I'm in for the music, as I said I don't care who Retsu blocked or who Sho dissed with his lyrics or how badly MISC was marketed,heck I'd probably turned on more new fans to MISC than the bands marketing lol.Sorry guys I've been heavily promoting the band in sns and I've read some positive response.On Spotify their listeners increased by 1k in a week after promoting them to Sokoninaru fans lel.

Edit: Is Issei's drum cam from a one man or taiban? Because I know they'd been doing some taiban's with Dexcore and the show report they didn't sell out was from a oneman. 

Edited by zerozeroninex

I don't know, calling DIMLIM math rock is a bit of a reach. It's more like some math-y techniques in music that is still neck deep in the same alt nu metal swamp that all vk metal is born out of with the authentic home laptop studio sound production to boot that will age like bread. I can't imagine any self-respecting tricot fan giving corny rubbish like 'Funny World' the time of day. I'm sure some have, but there were people who actually voted for Lukashenko as well. Anything is possible. 

my personal take on Misc that it had some good ideas in not so great songs, sans one or two tracks like What's Up? that deserve to be mixed again by a person with hands. 

Edited by Karma’s Hat

Gonna just repeat my thoughts on DIMLIM for the zillionth time (as someone who loved them) - MISC. should have been an EP and they need to fill out their lineup before they start "touring the world" because I don't think they realize that playing with backtracks has like...way worse connotations in other scenes/countries than it does in the context of VK (and it sounds worse).

On 11/10/2020 at 1:45 PM, Karma’s Hat said:

I don't know, calling DIMLIM math rock is a bit of a reach. 

It is. What’s Up? Is the only song on MISC that even approaches that label. The rest is just jangly alt rock. 

23 hours ago, Saishu said:

It is. What’s Up? Is the only song on MISC that even approaches that label. The rest is just jangly alt rock. 

i wouldn't call Cheodora a deathcore album either (it has alt metal, metalcore, nu metal and jazzy elements). 

4 hours ago, Saishu said:

I wouldn’t call it that, and I don’t think anyone else did either. 

I've seen some call it a deathcore/metalcore album and early Dimlim is called  a deathcore band,but even during the Issei era they weren't a pure deathcore band as they were too melodic,can't really call them metalcore either as they are too brutal lol.Dimlim is really just hard to categorize and it's easier to introduce them with the genre of the songs with mv's. 

Edited by zerozeroninex

4 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

Does YouTube Premium have a free trial? I'm gonna cancel after the stream lol. 

yes, i think for 1 wk

overall, fxxkin Yikes man, that is the cringiest preview that I've ever seen

So, i'm very confused. Well, for one I am glad they have come out of the woodwork. But two, it states it's a YouTube Premium show.

As a Premium subscriber myself, I know there is YouTube Original content - like specials and shows.

But when it comes to concerts/livestream, you usually have to pay extra for them.

Like I watched a BTS concert over the summer and this month there's a BLACKPINK concert. And they are extra - additional charge.

So, unless it's not an actual scheduled livestream - they might just be uploading a pre-recorded live and then just marking it as a "YouTube Premium concert" that only Premium members get. I dunno. Knowing them, i'd just be surprised they aren't asking for money for this. 

Regardless i'll watch.

9 minutes ago, Furik said:

So, i'm very confused. Well, for one I am glad they have come out of the woodwork. But two, it states it's a YouTube Premium show.

As a Premium subscriber myself, I know there is YouTube Original content - like specials and shows.

But when it comes to concerts/livestream, you usually have to pay extra for them.

Like I watched a BTS concert over the summer and this month there's a BLACKPINK concert. And they are extra - additional charge.

So, unless it's not an actual scheduled livestream - they might just be uploading a pre-recorded live and then just marking it as a "YouTube Premium concert" that only Premium members get. I dunno. Knowing them, i'd just be surprised they aren't asking for money for this. 

Regardless i'll watch.

I think it's a pre recorded live, because when was the preview filmed?