Spike760

Dir en grey

23 hours ago, Kelrya said:

The other reason is that they decided during that period when they were trying to break into the Western market to stop wearing makeup during performances. Shinya was the one member that was super against this and he nearly quit the band over it because he told himself from the beginning that he wouldn’t be in a band that doesn’t wear makeup. Obviously they have since gone back to wearing makeup. He said he was able to enjoy these albums more for what they are during the “mode of” tours but it remains his least favorite chapter in the bands history.

my iketeru pisces trine fave, her mind 💅

basic-ass plebeian lessers can't relate tbH!

8 hours ago, nekkichi said:

my iketeru pisces trine fave, her mind 💅

basic-ass plebeian lessers can't relate tbH!

We've got to canonize Shinya for being the true savior of this band; get your prayer candles ready for Our Good Sis of Drums and Makeup~

3 hours ago, Hohchicano96 said:

We've got to canonize Shinya for being the true savior of this band; get your prayer candles ready for Our Good Sis of Drums and Makeup~

preach!!!!!

chora4ever.gif

are we even worthy of her timeless excellence… truly

10 hours ago, Dyingmoments said:

Is the clip the full song length? It feels like its missing something....

Promotion Edits versions from the band almost always miss like a minute or so

https://youtu.be/aeN6LqawRB4

Edit: fuck I can't delete this post, mobile ver. hates me

2 hours ago, Dyingmoments said:

Is the clip the full song length? It feels like its missing something....

The 60 seconds teaser we got earlier was almost half the song. There isn't a lot (if anything) missing from this one.

It's okay IMO. The verse melody sounds nice but it's so short it doesn't take time to go anywhere. The singles for this album have kind of dropped the ball, but DEG's singles are usually hit or miss for me anyway, even going back to Macabre.

Edited by StriderSubzero

Do any of you guys have any of the new mode of dvds? Im in a bind and need a weird favor. Can you measure the length and width of the front of the case for me? Basically I bought the blu rays but Japan discoveries screwed me on the box. I saw a dvd box on yahoo and bought it right away as galaxy broad shop is sold out. So now I need to know if any of my blu rays will fit or if I need to track down the dvds....ugh

I agree with most of what has been said about 'Ranunculus'. While I'm loving the song (really nice use of the hang drum and a beautiful and powerful chorus), it feels way to short. It's like there's something missing: wish it a was a minute longer! During the first listens, the 'ranunculus, ranunculus' bridge sounded weird, like if Kyo started to sing out of tempo. Hope the album version has more cohesion.

Still, I really like how this one is mixed and my faith for the whole album has been restored. Also, it sounds like a proper album closer: I'm eager to see how the singles fit within the albums continuity. 

The mix on the drums is making me want to thrust my fist into my speakers. It's the same obnoxiously wooden thacking from the previous two singles and I'm concerned that mixing will be the downfall of this album. 

Song wise, I'm actually really digging this. I think it hits a nice balance of commercially catchy and compositionally complex. That piano break with the string synths in the middle also gives me major Rentrer en Soi vibes.

Why is the mix/production on Ningen wo Kaburu so much worse than this and Utafumi, it drives me crazy.

Edited by Kelrya