Spike760

Dir en grey

The little toy cars are so ridiculous, I mean a fidget spinner (I own one lol) or a trash can you can use, but those little toy cars are so tiny I wouldn‘t even give this to kids because they would end up choking. And NO, they are too ugly to even display. 

On 10/2/2019 at 2:55 AM, Saishu said:

Is that the Star of David?

On 10/2/2019 at 3:25 PM, hopefully_benign said:

Maybe whoever they hired to design them was trying to make some sort of comment on their business practices

Not cool. What a disgusting comment.

32 minutes ago, saiko said:

I tried to figure out why was that comment offensive, but I couldn't...

It's antisemitic. hopefully_benign is implying that the Star of David (a Jewish symbol) on crap merch shows the band to be money-grubbing and/or stingy. 

Edit: Apologies for the derail.

Edited by Nowhere Girl

1 hour ago, Nowhere Girl said:

It's antisemitic. hopefully_benign is implying that the Star of David (a Jewish symbol) on crap merch shows the band to be money-grubbing and/or stingy. 

Edit: Apologies for the derail.

Thanks.

No tolerance for hateful minds.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, hopefully_benign said:

Maybe whoever they hired to design them was trying to make some sort of comment on their business practices

I'm not sure they're even aware of the connotations that their western stans layer on top of that ali-express carpark from hell

*️⃣https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagome_crest 

29 minutes ago, libertine said:

I'm sure they don't think they're using a Japanese symbol. They think they're using a pentagram, but don't know or care enough about the details. For them it's just standard pagan, esoteric and occultist feeling imagery to creep people out. From that perspective hexagram is kind of the same thing as a pentagram, except (and this is key) its easier to draw.

Interestingly, Gazette's Dogma has both hexagrams and menorahs.

sukekiyo's INFINITUM uses hexagrams, too.

On a different subject, has there been a translation for the interviews included in The World of Mercy Deluxe Edition?

The fuckery that happens in this thread, ffs 🙄

On 10/2/2019 at 7:25 AM, hopefully_benign said:

Casual antisemitism is a form of hate speech and hate speech is something we don't take kindly to on this forum. Hate speech is something that gets people banned.

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

Are you sure it’s not just a fan pulling some editing tricks?

It seems it is. Uploader commented on this video, that he "Edited and joined some parts from official Niconico broadcast"