Spike760

Dir en grey

3 minutes ago, Furik said:

That's a surprisingly good line-up of artists. I will be tuning in for a lot of them! :)

I know, right!? I also want to see majiko's performance!
And some other artists!

30 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Nice, more recycled content 😮

You seem to always complain about literally everything they do nowadays lmao

2 hours ago, seys said:

You seem to always complain about literally everything they do nowadays lmao

I mean, what's there to be happy about?

A new single? Wow, other artists put out entire EPs (Bring Me the Horizon) or even albums (Tallah).

Concert livestreams? Wow, one concert livestream, while other artists manage to put entire tours together (Suicide Silence). The very same livestream that's then included on the physical version of said single by the way.

And then their label's audacity of uploading boring ambient versions of their songs in multiple parts to get some scrapes from their fans streaming those. As if that would make a difference. And it's not even done under the DIR EN GREY band name, so it's made even more obvious that it's just a cashgrab.

Or their super-hyped livestreams that turned out to just be studio audio playlists, curated by the members. Wow, so imaginative, much special, what are Spotify playlists?

Or their LIVE ARCHIVE, which could've been an insane database of all the stuff DEG has done over their career. Instead it's some random DVDs - not even a knot stuff, mind you - that every fan with the bare minimum of interest has already watched.

Or that the label acts as if putting the music on streaming websites would be this supersuper cool thing, that nobody has ever thought of, when streaming has been huge for years. Only to THEN put out fucking radio edit versions of their songs.

Of course this pandemic doesn't hit everyone with the same force, but compared to almost all other bands I listen to, DEG hasn't done a whole lot.

And of course I know that they're currently writing and recording their next album. But even then they could do stuff like vlogs or so.

Or maybe I'm just salty because shit-krad keeps striking my videos lol

Edited by Seelentau

I mean I get your disappointment but Kyo is probably already busy with the next shitty sukiyaki album & Shinya probably does both Deg album sessions and seraph stuff on the side.

the only thing I've been really upset about is that tragic recent PV they rolled out, but I no longer care about this band to the extent I'll have a pronounced negative reaction over their lack of activity.

I really wish they could or had interest in changing labels because all this lame shit is the fault of the management. It's not a coincidence that suddenly gulu gulu is doing the same promotional edits on spotify the second they got signed. I'm sure in promotion they have 0 creative control aside from the aesthetics of the merch and whether on this tour they'll be selling the star of david hot wheel or the Shinya XXL condom packet. They wouldn't even come overseas if they weren't forced to.

They gonna premiere TWOM's and Ochita's full videos in December, where they'll also show re-edited The World You Live In concert.
So... uh, we can expect some news after that?

Edited by EvilHippy

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

And it's not even done under the DIR EN GREY band name, so it's made even more obvious that it's just a cashgrab.

About 1/2 of 1 cent is made for each song streamed on Spotify, which is then split every which way between the label and everyone else. I'm not even sure if the band would receive a cut or not. Based on their average views, they make about $4/month on the ambient collection.

And again, how much of that $4 are the members even receiving? One hell of a "cashgrab".

27 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

They gonna premiere TWOM's and Ochita's full videos in December, where they'll also show re-edited The World You Live In concert.
So... uh, we can expect some news after that?

Probably a single announcement at the event or a few months after, when the single is out it'll be a few months and there'll be an album announcement, at least I'd hope to think so. One of those PV collection DVDs are imminent as well.

Also there was supposed to come another big arena Blu-ray package à la Arche at Budokan but those concerts got cancelled.

Edited by seys

49 minutes ago, geist said:

About 1/2 of 1 cent is made for each song streamed on Spotify, which is then split every which way between the label and everyone else. I'm not even sure if the band would receive a cut or not. Based on their average views, they make about $4/month on the ambient collection.

And again, how much of that $4 are the members even receiving? One hell of a "cashgrab".

Exactly what I'm saying: They get so little from streaming and STILL felt the need to release this under a different artist name, which I guess means that DIR EN GREY won't see a cent.

13 minutes ago, Karma’s Hat said:

Didn't they even say in an interview that the whole ranunculus thing with 24 was released for spotify bucks? 

They did. 

And I hope their upcoming performance setlist is more jazzed up. I’m not interested in hearing TIW material anymore especially since i just saw most of the album live last year. And earlier this year with that rando live stream....

9 minutes ago, Karma’s Hat said:

Didn't they even say in an interview that the whole ranunculus thing with 24 was released for spotify bucks? 

It was even more direct than that - it actually said right in the news post about some of the releases on their website that if fans leave it on loop in the background while they're studying, going to sleep, etc., it's a way to support the band.

https://direngrey.co.jp/lang_en/news/3271/

45 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

They did. 

And I hope their upcoming performance setlist is more jazzed up. I’m not interested in hearing TIW material anymore especially since i just saw most of the album live last year. And earlier this year with that rando live stream....

They should be more spiced up. I guess that if they had their Sogai tour, it wouldn't be whole TIW. Alas, that tour got cancelled and we can't really see how would it be.