mikazukichan

Any Interest in a Miyavi Image Gallery?

So, I wasn't sure if General or Words and Images would be the best place to put this interest check, so if the mods would like to move it to a different board, please feel free.

In any case, I was looking through the galleries and noticed that, other than a 2011 live, there is no gallery for Miyavi images here yet. Back in the day, on LJ, I was the owner and maintainer of MYV_Pics, an image gallery for Miyavi which had a ridiculous number of images (both from my own collection and from images I had gathered over the years). The gallery itself is rather defunct at the moment, since all images are hosted on photobucket, and I'm sure we all know what's happened there, but I still have all of the images and have access to everything that is uploaded to the Miyavi_pics photobucket. So, this means that I could, if there is interest, reupload all of those images to a gallery here. Images on the photobucket range from the beginning of his solo career until 2009.

So, what I want to know before I take on the task of transferring almost 4,000 pictures is: is there any interest in me doing so (or are people rather over Miyavi at this point), and if there is interest, which image hosting site should I use?

Moved to the Help section.

Feel free to make a Miyavi gallery thread in the Gallery forum, I'm pretty sure some people are still into Miyavi, especially in his younger years. If you are wanting to link to the pics via Photobucket, I highly suggest uploading them somewhere else. This is because as of recently, Photobucket hasn't been letting people hotlink off their images there, so I suggest using an alternate site like Imgur to link your pics.

TinyPic seems stable but then crashes out of nowhere so all your pictures are lost. Imgur is the safest choice. 

I think it's a good idea, although I'm not a big fan of miyavi, I find his look-evolution interesting. It's a yes from me :)

Yeah, I've heard that about tinypic. I'm currently in the process of grabbing everything from the photobucket (thank goodness for a cheap google chrome extension that's making getting everything very easy XD), and then I'll get to work putting everything up on imgur, then in a gallery here ^.^ While I'm not really a fan of Miyavi's newest stuff, I was a huge fan back in the day, so I have a lot of stuff from pre-2010 hanging around, and I wouldn't want that stuff to be lost to the community as a whole with photobucket being dumb and megaupload being long gone.

Edited by mikazukichan