JimHarper

Top Twenty Favourite Movies

Alongside music, films are both my primary love and my work. I'm always interested to find out what out people are watching, so I've started this thread asking people to give their Top Twenty Favourite Movies. Finding just 20 is something of a challenge for me, so if anyone wants to extend it to 25 or drop it to 10-15, I quite understand. I hope we can spark off some discussion of people's favourite choices too. Thanks for participating! Here's my Top Twenty:, in alphabetical order. I've tried to limit it to one film per director, or I'd just end up with a list full of John Carpenter, Kinji Fukasaku and Jaume Balaguero.

Battlearrow-10x10.pngRoyale (Kinji Fukasaku, 2000)

The Beyond (Lucio Fulci, 1981)

Cypher (Vincenzo Natali, 2002)
Day of the Dead (George Romero, 1985)

The Discarnates (Nobuhiko Obayashi, 1988)

Donnie Darko (Richard Kelly, 2001)

Dasarrow-10x10.pngExperiment (Oliver Hirschbeigel, 2001)

Hellish Love (Chusei Sone, 1972)

Hellraiser (Clive Barker, 1986)

Immortal Beloved (Bernard Rose, 1994)

The Nameless (Jaume Balaguero, 1998)

The Night Train Murders (Aldo Lado, 1974)

Open Your Eyes (Alejandro Amenabar, 1997)

Prince of Darkness (John Carpenter, 1987)

Quatermass and the Pit (Roy Ward Baker, 1967)

Ring (Hideo Nakata, 1998)

Suspiria (Dario Argento, 1977)

Terrifying Girls Highschool: Lynch Law Classroom (Norifumi Suzuki, 1973)

The Warriors (Walter Hill, 1979)

Who Can Kill A Child? (Narcisco Ibanez Serrador, 1976)

I'm totally into this as I am somehow a bit of a movie freak, but if you want people to actually do more than to make a list try add some words as to why you like the films you've listed and why people should check 'em out (if they're into that type of films).

I'll come back, even though making a list with 15-25 films is close to impossible. I might choose 25 films today, and yet in a week the list would look very different with 15-20 different films on it. But this'll be fun.

Sensible suggestion. I'll edit the post to include a few more illuminating details. I agree with your later point too; these things change on an almost daily basis. I once tried to come up with a Top 100. Within 3 days I had a list of another 30 that I thought should have been in there :)