IruAx

What is your opinion about not japanese visual kei bands?

17 minutes ago, AimiGen7 said:

I forgot about those guys. They're pretty cool, but I haven't tried a lot of their stuff.

Their album from last year is pretty good:

49 minutes ago, Mamo said:

Their album from last year is pretty good:

Sounds pretty good. Not my thing really, but I could get into it. 

Here is the Korean band I mentioned earlier. I don't know if they have any connections to VisualKei, or if they really count in this case, since they're Korean, and I'm not entirely sure how relevant other East Asian bands are to this. But if anyone wants to check them out, they're pretty cool. Pretty good if you like Lamb of God

Spoiler

There is also a Darkwave duo out there called Drab Majesty, and while they're definitely not VisualKei, they *may* have some Vkei influence, since they used to use a lot of Japanese aesthetics, and the lead vocalist Deb Demure's makeup does resemble 90's VisualKei makeup, such as Közi's (But at the same time, other influential artists have used similar makeup, so). My GF actually got to see them in New Orleans, and even got to talk to the vocalist after the show, but she didn't have enough time to ask if he knew about Vkei

I remember I used to be obsessed with this band back in the day (about 10 years ago or more). I don't know if they were ever considered to be a Western v-kei band (although I remember a lot of people labeling them like that and I think even they said that they try to adapt v-kei to their style or whatever) but their looks were 100% v-kei inspired XD (I'm talking good ol' pineapple leaves hair going on). They disbanded ages ago but the name was Cinema Bizarre. Now since there is a thread about Western V-kei and I see people who know more about this genre and have the v-kei radar way more updated than I'll ever have lol, can any of you just shed some light on little ol' me who believed they were cool because they looked like anime characters hahaha XD ?

Edited by Triangle

14 hours ago, Saishu said:

Geist was alright, but I did find it weird that the lyrics were in Japanese and the members adopted Japanese names. 

I don't find it weird it's commonplace among western vk bands. tbh this is one of the main reasons I don't like western vk.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:55 AM, nekkichi said:

sure

ミレーヌ  ファルメール

プラシーボ

ザ・キュアー

マリリン・マンソン

ummm lemme think of the fifth one let's say スージー・アンド・ザ・バンシーズ

all v. good, I dig!!

Wait you forgot スリップノット