I've been very uninspired for a number of years now, and I really struggle to feel any emotion anymore. Loud music and a whole bloody lot of caffeine are about the only thing that allow me to work, albeit very sterile and not on stuff I enjoy.
Getting back into some sort of community...and getting back to VK instead of listening to the same old music I always do, I hope this can propel me in a more positive direction.

Already I've finally been able to pick up a brush again (or I guess in this case, a paint bottle lid lol) thanks to listening to Sukekiyo so I will start my thread with it, though it is unfinished I am just happy to have done something. 

tumblr_p4sr9vU6uw1rnvpzuo4_r1_1280.png

Another canvas I've had sitting under a sheet for almost a year. I hope to actually complete

tumblr_p4sr9vU6uw1rnvpzuo3_r1_1280.png

Something from last August. Gold red black and mossy greens are my main love.

c1477a87121aa2b81c2cf09e2568634b-dblvfoy

I usually do stuff digitally because it's way more efficient and my wrist nerve is fucked up...but it's way harder to get exposure digitally so I've had to move to paint.

d1611fd0e21c475e2f20727123512289-dbbyitz

ink thing from a couple years back

52e1eec33275997e63c3c276d6965be8-da5mvvw

I guess I'll just post one thing per day from now on to not be too spammy. Maybe it will revitalize me further and then I can post new things.

This stuff is INCREDIBLEEEE

I love your style and I'm so glad to hear you managed to pick up the brush again. Hold on to that feeling and don't let it go. My favourite is the 3rd picture, I can see so many different things in that piece. Also your art kind of reminds of the game Ookami, but a more mature version. 

Wow your stuff is amazing. Very abstract and reminds of the brush strokes from Japanese calligraphy with a touch of Ukiyo-e and Bunjinga art. Were those you inspirations?

Edited by Mamo

17 minutes ago, AimiGen7 said:

I love your art! Traditional Japanese style art is my favourite, and you seem to do it really well

I don't think this could be considered traditional Japanese but it seems possibly inspired by that style. That's why I was asking in the above post

Edited by Mamo

10 hours ago, platy said:

This stuff is INCREDIBLEEEE

I love your style and I'm so glad to hear you managed to pick up the brush again. Hold on to that feeling and don't let it go. My favourite is the 3rd picture, I can see so many different things in that piece. Also your art kind of reminds of the game Ookami, but a more mature version. 

Ah, thank you ( : I will do my best...I actually read all these messages in the morning and it motivated me a bit. lol sweet, I loved that game and I'm pretty sure I still have some very shoddy pencil drawings of the Water Dragon, Orochi and Ninetails somewhere.

7 hours ago, Tokage said:

This is good as hell

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Mamo said:

Wow your stuff is amazing. Very abstract and reminds of the brush strokes from Japanese calligraphy with a touch of Ukiyo-e and Bunjinga art. Were those you inspirations?

Thanks, both my grandma's had a lot of furniture / paintings / snuff bottles around the house with Bunjinga art on them, but it's not something I ever attempted to do myself. Maybe it influenced me subconsciously over time? haha.

Nah, but it may stem from that I used exclusively ink and pens only for a long period of my life I guess. I don't usually think about anything before I begin something personal. (Unless it's a pre-imagined scene, 2nd pic was one of those. but took a year before I even bought a canvas for it lol.)

4 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

I love your art! Traditional Japanese style art is my favourite, and you seem to do it really well

Thank you. Ha it's really interesting that people see that in my art, I've really never thought of it to be that way. Maybe it's the colors I use? Being that red with gold accenting is my favorite scheme with pretty much anything + bold black maybe it's unavoidable :grin:
My favorite artists are Wayne Barlowe, Denis Forkas Kostromitin, Francis Bacon, Suehiro Maruo and such. I'll magnetize to anyone who makes or sees things in the same vein as me lol

Tonight's post is...Bloodborne fanart. I'm not really a fanart kind of person  but the game inspired me enough to.

The Snatcher

not_that_corner_by_the_terminal_show-da0

The Orphan of Kos growing up, and Mother Kos (I like those blacklight fuzz boards)

cyklisk_by_the_terminal_show-da0ziow.png

Also, just after one day of different / positive interaction I've already made arrangements with my cousin that I will do a variant cover for a comic for his friend. One step forward two steps forward :grin:

I love your art it's simply amazing. No one can call your latest work "traditional Japanese" lol

Edited by Mamo

On 01/03/2018 at 7:56 AM, karai · ebi said:

Tonight's post is...My very first 'official' painting after I quit my soul sucking job. Ft Gashadokuro

1_moon_night_by_the_terminal_show-d9bykp

This looks like stitch work, or pixel work. Love the mood! 

17 hours ago, Mamo said:

I love your art it's simply amazing. No one can call your latest work "traditional Japanese" lol

Thank you, a lot :tw_face_cat: lol, yeeah. I'm all over the place anyway in style.

16 hours ago, platy said:

This looks like stitch work, or pixel work. Love the mood! 

Right? I thought so too...but it wasn't intentional haha. I just used dry brush. Thank you

Tonight's post is...something I'd like to redo on canvas one day. But I always think, you can't recreate the same feeling you had when you made it the first time.

pppp_by_the_terminal_show-d62kqav.png

Tonight's post is...something different.

Now it seems old lol, some from 09/10 when I hyper focused on using only ballpens and highlighters. I had a way shittier low res scanner then and blew most of them out with photoshop. (I've had a long love affair with worms and centipedes..haha long, get it, man I'm not funny.)

dsfss_by_the_terminal_show-dc53abq.png

dfsfd_by_the_terminal_show-dc53ac0.png

sdsssf_by_the_terminal_show-dc53aci.png

2 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

wow, awesome stuff dude!! i love your horroresque-surreal style, and expressive brush strokes. keep up the awesome work! ^^

Thank you. ( :

Tonight's post is, a wip from an abandoned commission project, and more eyes.

tumblr_ol8dwwpSNB1vragkjo1_1280.png

tumblr_oejtc2N7jq1vragkjo1_1280.png

Also now I have a new job interview on friday, it would allow me to make more personal stuff and not have to shell out all my energy on boring still-lives.

I'm both excited and filled with fear lol.

Tonight's post is, a semi complete mock panel from the abandoned comic commission.

cw_890_by_the_terminal_show-dafxj71.png

It only took one day of the thought of returning to 'normal' work and my nightmares and panic have reissued in full force lol, requiescat in pace I guess

Tonight's post iis...my only sculpture, from 2012.

before I put the head on

allons_y_by_the_terminal_show-d5pjdnb.jp

I ended up painting it gold (quelle surprise) and post processing the fuck out of it

0232_by_the_terminal_show-d7syprj.jpg

I take it  back I forgot I did 2 practice sculpts but I never finished or painted them.

Spoiler

6f911795987e116706fef340b2591ae9-d5pf8p5

Spoiler

wi02_16_44p_by_the_terminal_show-d5pf55c

Edited by karai · ebi

Tonight's post is...different. It's my wendigo costume I've used for four years now. Although it didn't turn out exact exact as I wanted it, I am still happy with it since I'd never tried putting together something almost from scratch before.

Initial concept

Spoiler

hw14_by_the_terminal_show-d7wl1vm.png

Turnout

chumo_by_the_terminal_show-d84tay9.png

janky ass gif

Spoiler

tumblr_p5eysqDMys1rnvpzuo2_r1_540.gif