shellyshally

Hi! Hoping to Make New Friends!

Hello everyone!

I'm shellyshally and  being in my early to mid twenties, I'm barely getting back into being a fan of the visual kei music scene I was so obsessed with as a middle/high school student. 

My favorite band has been and always will be the GazettE, though I also really like Dir en Grey (are they still considered visual kei? not sure if I remember anymore haha)

I'm open to learning about new bands! A friend introduced me to アルルカン and I've seen mejibray around too

I joined because I wanted to meet some cool new friends I can go to vk concerts/lives with. I have never been to a concert/live before so it's a bit intimidating to go by yourself ><      I live on the border between Kanagawa and Tokyo so if anyone is in the area and free and knows where the good concerts are, hit me up lol

Nice to meet you all!! :D

The general rule is 'once vk, always vk'. So even if Dir En Grey don't sport crazy looks anymore they're still part of the scene. 

Gazette have just release a new song from their upcoming album and アルルカン has a new release this month too. I love both bands. 

There's quite a few people here located in Japan, if there's a particular gig you want to go to, maybe make a thread or status asking if anyone else is going :)

Thanks I’m glad to be here! ☺️

Yes I just saw the new GazettE video a few days ago on their website and again yesterday on YouTube! I’m pretty excited about it and definitely making up my mind to see a concert soon! I just don’t want to be alone my first time, I’ve never been to a real concert let alone a VK one haha 

Hii welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you'll find tons of cool bands to check out ;)

Sadly, I won't be in Japan until August, otherwise I'd totally invite you to join me for the next gig I go to :P But there's plenty of other users here who are currently in Japan.