hyura

ms. isohp romatem new song "트라우마" (TRAUMA) MV released + new single announced

Seoul-based post-rock group ms. isohp romatem has reformed as  a visual kei band and released their new song and full MV  "트라우마" (TRAUMA) on 2018.04.08.  They also announced the release of a new single (no details yet).

1 minute ago, Seiji said:

Was just on the way to post this, reaaaaally good stuff! ♥

Was insecure if it's allowed or not because it's not Japanese but I am also really fond of the song ♥ Sad that Korean VK is almost non-existent.

48 minutes ago, hyura said:

Sad that Korean VK is almost non-existent.

rock in korea is basically dead and it's nearly impossible to resurrect it. 

there are only handful of bands with potential and yet, they struggle to sustain any substantial music

because korean music scene is under heavy dictatorship of cheap bubblegum pops and hype-based trendy rap music (and trust me, 90% of them are not even tasteful).

as someone who have seen the slow and painful demise of korean rock (as if any of it has existed in the past),

i blame on the lack of cultural depth of koreans and their untreatable trait of vulnerability to hype and trendy stuffs,

and above all, their perceptions on 'rock' being something loud, serious, and intimidating.

underground venues at hongdae and deahak-ro were slowly replaced with techno clubs and bars, 

so-called "bands" like nell eventually became more mainstream-friendly (not that i blame, they need-ed in order to survive), 

oldschool k-rockers like pia, schizo, etc became almost extinct (not if they are playing major venues like pentaport . . . which also became sellouts to pop and indies)

even pseudo rocker seotaiji didnt even last 2 years.

rock was never a thing for koreans. 

maybe for only a few, but not for the vast.

it's a cultural thing i say -

Edited by platanity

Topic moved to international section since it's not a Japanese band, still, it's always nice to see the genre get more international bands who actually know how to play their instruments. 

13 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Topic moved to international section since it's not a Japanese band, still, it's always nice to see the genre get more international bands who actually know how to play their instruments. 

B-but the Swiss band wasn't moved 😢

1 hour ago, platanity said:

rock in korea is basically dead and it's nearly impossible to resurrect it. 

there are only handful of bands with potential and yet, they struggle to sustain any substantial music

because korean music scene is under heavy dictatorship of cheap bubblegum pops and hype-based trendy rap music (and trust me, 90% of them are not even tasteful).

as someone who have seen the slow and painful demise of korean rock (as if any of it has existed in the past),

i blame on the lack of cultural depth of koreans and their untreatable trait of vulnerability to hype and trendy stuffs,

and above all, their perceptions on 'rock' being something loud, serious, and intimidating.

underground venues at hongdae and deahak-ro were slowly replaced with techno clubs and bars, 

so-called "bands" like nell eventually became more mainstream-friendly (not that i blame, they need-ed in order to survive), 

oldschool k-rockers like pia, schizo, etc became almost extinct (not if they are playing major venues like pentaport . . . which also became sellouts to pop and indies)

even pseudo rocker seotaiji didnt even last 2 years.

rock was never a thing for koreans. 

maybe for only a few, but not for the vast.

it's a cultural thing i say -

What you say is true and very tragic because there is so much potential lost through the pressure for everything to be mainstream. There are still  some small venues and bands and I wish them every success and attention they can have. 

I think that at some point there has to be a systematic shift in Korean society. I don't think the music scene can stay that way forever concerning how it's getting more and more globalized. 

3 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Wish these sections were sorted after music instead of race~

Hope people who are into this kind of music are even looking into the global section, as I know for a fact, that I am not.

1 minute ago, Seiji said:

Wish these sections were sorted after music instead of race~

Hope people who are into this kind of music are even looking into the global section, as I know for a fact, that I am not.

I agree that grouping by genre makes a lot more sense. I feel like International visual kei bands are much too relevant for this forum to be lumped  together with completely unrelated things. 

We're not grouping by race though, we are grouping based on where the bands are located/have their main activities. Which is why we agreed for example that DISREIGN (whatever happened to them) would be allowed in the J-Rock forum as their base of operations is in Japan. If we were grouping by race we'd have all kinds of trouble trying to determine racial composition of bands, and I know most of us staff would rather not become hobby eugenicists on the account of keeping the Japanese Rock scene racially pure. We said the same to the people who, as opposed of your opinion, demanded that we remove bands with one or more foreign members from the VK section entirely.

The question was raised a while ago and it was this conclusion we came to as a team, but I on a personal level would be open to a Visual (International) sub-forum to differentiate from the other foreign acts. More and more proficient musicians overseas are starting to identify with the term so I could see there being an eventual demand for one.