Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Spring '18 Trade-Off Theme

Hey folks!

The time for a new Trade-Off is near and this time, we want your opinions on what themes we should go with. If you want to submit one, just reply to this post with your idea and why it would be a good theme for the trade-off. There are no rules but just certain things to keep in consideration:

1. The theme should not be too restrictive or too general.
  2. It doesn't have to be "spring related"
  3. You can be as detailed in your description of the event as you want. Look at @CAT5's latest Anime Theme Trade-Off if you want a good idea of a detailed description.

I'll leave this open for one week. The staff will discuss a theme we like and announce it at the end of the month.

Not very spring-inspired, but a theme I was thinking about is GOD -

How would a god manifest him/herself through music? It can be any god or deity: the monotheistic one of Abrahamic religions, one (or more!) of the many gods of faiths and mythologies around the world, or a fictional one from a book/movie/comic/anime/game. It can be one you believe in, or just fascinated with (or just read about somewhere and thought was really cool). It can also just be your personal perception of god - cosmic energy or anything else you interpret the concept as.The songs can portray anything from the characteristics of said deity, to its story or just how you feel about it or think its soundtrack should sound like.

tl;dr: choose a god or gods and build a soundtrack around them.

I think this is general enough because most people have had some sort of contact with religion throughout their lives, weather they're people of faith or atheists. Gods play major role in everything from people's daily lives to major historic events to pop culture, so it could be interesting to see how people perceive them and what they mean for them. :) 

Cycle of Life

Make a mixtape about the four seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter). Choose songs that represent or remind you of different seasons. For example, if you want to make a mix that consists of 12 songs, you could choose 3 songs for each season. Or just choose whatever number of songs you want. Be creative.

The problem with this is that there's already been a spring theme, and also winter/christmas theme.

In Dreams

This is open for interpretation. It could be about a dream you had, you could come up with a story, or just make a mix of dream-like songs. Or nightmarish ones.

Journey -

Detail a journey using songs to illustrate it. It could be a physical journey, an inner journey, a trip you actually took, however you want to interpret it.

Word -

Take an adjective of choice and make a mix that you think expresses it.

I also really enjoyed the decade tradeoff we did a couple years back where you select music from between a period a 10 years and choose 1 favorite song from each year.

Edited by ghost

I would love another mystery trade off. that one was really fun

has a horror/darkness theme been used?

how about something like your partner picks the theme/genre and you have to provide a playlist based on what your partner assigns you.

9 hours ago, rekzer said:

has a horror/darkness theme been used?

We usually do some kind of dark shit theme around Halloween (Horror Movie theme in 2015, spooky in 2016, serial killer smooth criminal 2017)

I'm loving all these ideas! Keep them coming!

Also just because your idea isn't chosen for this trade-off doesn't mean it won't make a surprise appearance at a later date. There are too many good ideas to not use.