Neofolk, martial industrial and the other off-shots/sub-genres are music I've enjoyed for quite a few years, but it's only over the past two-three years that I've really gone into the depth of the genre that is neofolk and its sub-genres and gotten very much into full albums, rather than a song here and a song there like before. It's a genre which has spawned so many bands over the years and like all genres that are "easy" to make, record and release, it's filled with a ton of godawful bands.  But you also got stuff like Darkwood, Sol Invictus, Blood Axis, Death in June, Current 93, Nature And Organisation, Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio and so on that's released a shitload of good music. A genre I've really come to appreciate as I've grown older.

A few catchy tracks to get you new lot into these beautiful genres.

I know there's at least a few others who are into this type of music here, so please discuss.

Not sure if all of these truly count as neofolk, but i've seen the label being thrown around in relation to these groups at least once or twice

Does Laibach count here? Because I LOVE them. :D Such a fascinating back catalogue with lots of different styles.

Spoiler

Also, gotta leave this band here too...

Spoiler

Part of Laibach's discography can surely be counted as martial industrial, though I'll admit I am not too experienced with the genre. But if not proper martial industrial, they're surely to martial industrial what Venom and Mercyful Fate is to black metal.

Anyway Laibach rules. Spectre gotta be my favourite with tracks such as The Whistleblowers and Bossanova as my favourites. But these count more as electro-industrial I guess. Anyway, awesome band and super-superb live band.

Sign in to follow this