platy

8P-SB

30 minutes ago, platy said:

That picture makes me really sad. It gives me "how the mighty have fallen" vibes.

I hope they're happy. 

Well, Tsuzuku DID change his name to Genki. 

When will they start milking their Western fanbase? And do international tours?  🤭

With a couple more releases and this funky "we did it" vibe.... I predict them trying overseas activities.....

To show their success even though they are banned

1 hour ago, Masato said:

When will they start milking their Western fanbase? And do international tours?  🤭

With a couple more releases and this funky "we did it" vibe.... I predict them trying overseas activities.....

To show their success even though they are banned

yasss i'm sure the 35 foreign fans they have scattered across every continent are dying to support this kpop abortion mess

Look at their twitter & insta... there are still so many English supportive comments.... 

I mean someone helped Koichi get his tattoo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Believe it or not hardcore Meji fans in South America are clearly past the music and all about supporting Koichi and Genki JUST because it's Koichi and Genki. I've seen PLENTY of rants and lectures about how "being a true fan means supporting them no matter what crap they're selling", so yeah, their 35 scattered fans WILL throw money at them, I'm sure.

If it's any comfort I think the seemingly disproportionate amount of westener feedback on their social media is more indicative of Japanese people not being interested, rather than massive worldwide support. For example the dead account of Karma has almost twice as many twitter followers as Koichi, and Raid's Sena has three times more ( while all the other members have at least twice as many. ) This shite muzak project is bound to sink, and both of them will be working as hosts and living without electricity and running water in no time. Not even the lady working the corner shop will recognise them as they try to shoplift mandarins in an effort to not to starve to death with the rest of the homeless people sleeping under the bridges.  

32 minutes ago, Disposable said:

both of them will be working as hosts and living without electricity and running water in no time.

they'd make actual good ¥ doing that, but idt given the nuance of their departure from their past management and who runs the host club biz they'll have a chance of being signed at one.

tzk actually looks like he's headed for something similar (or a ~personal trainer~ occupation) fulltime, koichi looks like legacy gya is gonna be paying those bills for some time for now.

20 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Believe it or not hardcore Meji fans in South America are clearly past the music and all about supporting Koichi and Genki JUST because it's Koichi and Genki. I've seen PLENTY of rants and lectures about how "being a true fan means supporting them no matter what crap they're selling", so yeah, their 35 scattered fans WILL throw money at them, I'm sure.

This. Being a mejibray fan myself and has been since their start I've lost "friends" in the fandom because I don't fancy 8P-SB music. Apparently, Koichi has made a tweet too about people hating on him/them and their new direction and that started another fire from people who think you are shit if you don't support 8P-SB. Also kind of frustrating that Genki and Koichi should've know that there would be reactions. No artist can switch from VK to Kpop (or whatever it is) without getting some kind of reactions from fans. Not all of us are deaf to their change.

Koichi also recently tweeted about "Pretending to like something that you hate will make you hate yourself". Not sure whether this is a thinly veiled dig at the visual kei industry as a whole (a commentary on the amount of bandomen that don't even like heavier music, but are told to compose/play it, including himself and Genki), or telling Mejibray fans that they don't have to stick around if they hate 8P-SB.

Honestly this MV for this band made me cringe and also be like omg its so nice all at the same time. Maybe its because im not used to koichi singing in a way but just the type of music that they chose >.<   

I guess people on this thred were right on point when they said it was gonna be a sappy slow song >.<

Looking for metal music here and its kinda a let down. 

Honestly i dont think they are trying musicly... they are just cashing in on their previous success and looks. Fangirls and diehards will buy up anything they throw out at this point. Its a smart move for them, especially with this new mainstream sound they can try and reach a bigger audience... 

Just sucks that it leaves us bitter that Mejibray is gone and we where hoping for some screams and rock not pop.

Their merch is already being sold at a ridiculous price:

Spoiler

DhpC-roU0AA3jBs.jpg

2 minutes ago, -NOVA- said:

Honestly i dont think they are trying musicly... they are just cashing in on their previous success and looks. Fangirls and diehards will buy up anything they throw out at this point. Its a smart move for them, especially with this new mainstream sound they can try and reach a bigger audience... 

Just sucks that it leaves us bitter that Mejibray is gone and we where hoping for some screams and rock not pop.

Their merch is already being sold at a ridiculous price:

Honestly didnt even know that. Wow >.> what cash outs juezzzz. Honestly i would have bought there sht if they sold similar styles used in mejibray or something but 10000 yen for a sweater is ridiculous. Wonder what is happening to mejibray getting back together in 2018 

Thats 90 USD

or 76 euro

2 hours ago, Masato said:

And a T-shirt for 6000¥ ...

That's worse!

I mean I agree that the parka is hella expensive, but to be fair it’s not a regular t-shirt but a big tee. When Mejibray sold those in 2016, they went for the same price.

It does blow my mind a little that they already released new merch, but judging by the logo of the band, maybe it’s not that surprising that they’re as much about fashion as music? Idk.

I honestly just want to hear the rest of the single.