platy

8P-SB

Confirmed from tonight that this is a snippet from their newest song “Ghost Hotel”, which is a lot darker/heavier sounding than I expected. I hope it’s reflected in its iTunes release, which will hopefully be soon. That and another song (with clocks in the background) give me a little hope, especially since Genki actually does a little screaming (even if it’s short) in the clock song. There are a variety of sounds going on here.

It’s not Mejibray and I still miss them bad, but there’s potential for some interesting stuff from 8P in the future I think.

they're sort of following a generic VK starter formula of 2:1 filler to decent A-side choices ratio,

except in this case the less inspired/filler grade tracks are actually vomit inducing from every angle.

I like two of their songs so far tbh.

22 hours ago, frayed said:

Confirmed from tonight that this is a snippet from their newest song “Ghost Hotel”, which is a lot darker/heavier sounding than I expected. I hope it’s reflected in its iTunes release, which will hopefully be soon. That and another song (with clocks in the background) give me a little hope, especially since Genki actually does a little screaming (even if it’s short) in the clock song. There are a variety of sounds going on here.

Well.... it is still very, very generic music in my opinion. I find the term "dark" extremely missleading here. 

How can Koichi predend to "rock" these songs? 😂

43 minutes ago, Masato said:

Well.... it is still very, very generic music in my opinion. I find the term "dark" extremely missleading here. 

How can Koichi predend to "rock" these songs? 😂

Your opinion is your opinion, but you also haven’t heard the entire song - I’m not saying it’s an edgelord dark song, but compared to what they’ve come out with so far, comparatively the tone is darker.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:55 PM, frayed said:

It’s not Mejibray and I still miss them bad, but there’s potential for some interesting stuff from 8P in the future I think.

This sounds so much better than fireworks, so I'll take it. I'll take anything over fireworks.

Now that we got that out of the way, this sounds like a something the just as shitty project Mystery Skulls would release.

'K, so my friend went to one of their lives and still has to give me a full report, but she says it's not something she wants to see again. It appears this whole project live is mostly based on weird MCs, fanservicing of some sorts and Genki's pretty awkward the whole time. The new songs are nothing special, nothing new, same genre as what we've already heard. They weren't bad per se, according to her.

She was a HUGE Mejibray stan and even she admits that following this just because it's Koichi and Genki is a waste of time. I'm still waiting for a full report from her.

14 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

It appears this whole project live is mostly based on weird MCs, fanservicing of some sorts and Genki's pretty awkward the whole time. The new songs are nothing special, nothing new, same genre as what we've already heard. 

And selling super expensive merch!

Are they at least getting naked during the fanservice?

2 minutes ago, Masato said:

Are they at least getting naked during the fanservice?

Not really homo fanservice, more like... interacting  a lot with fans and each other? Like it was 60% singing and 40% random chatting.

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

Not really homo fanservice, more like... interacting  a lot with fans and each other? Like it was 60% singing and 40% random chatting.

I expected this, but they also barely have any songs recorded.

This entire project has always seemed like Koichi ft. Genki to me, and Komorebi saying that Genki was apparently awkward only makes me think this more lol.

11 hours ago, ahnchc said:

This entire project has always seemed like Koichi ft. Genki to me, and Komorebi saying that Genki was apparently awkward only makes me think this more lol.

I think they partially do it to be in a "band" and therfore attractive to their "mitsu" girlfriends. No one wants or finances panpi guys....

Koichi is seemingly REALLY into it. A good part of the MCs was him taking singing directions fron Genki and asking him stuff like how not to cough into the microphone. Genki got more comfortable when talking about stuff he knew. And he either really had no idea of the sort of goods they are selling either is really good at acting surprised. But according to my friend his whole attitude said "wtf is this shit and why are we charging for this crap". I think it was some sort of weird blend between an uchiwa and a lightstick.

Also, tickets seem expensive for a show where they only play like 8 songs and just fool around. I pay 5000 yen for a 2 1/2 hr D or Gotcharocka oneman. The same amount for a show that's less than an hour seems pricey... like everything else they sell. 

What a sad fucking ending for the entire Mejibray saga.

In a way it's almost poetic lol. Like now I'd like to imagine Nanaki sounding really foreboding and prefacing this breakup and the disaster that ensued 

I disagree with some of this; I went to the last two shows, and I don’t exactly stan it, but that’s just not accurate information. The second Fireworks show there really wasn’t any MC, and for the first Ghost Hotel there was one. 40% random chatting is a huge overestimation. I really wouldn’t call Genki awkward, he was just goofing around during the MC and wasn’t really paying attention - like how Koichi used to do during the instores tbh. Genki isn’t the driving force behind this project, and he seems okay with that. 

It wasn’t really terrible to sit through; the energy was good, especially for the second show. It’s still not Mejibray and anyone following this for vestiges of Mejibray are kidding themselves. Koichi project featuring Genki doesn’t seem so far off, but after all the drama with Mejibray, maybe that’s what Genki wants right now.

this is so breathtakingly bad, I stan tbh

honestly at this rate I can't wait until they tease whatever next masterpiece they're hopefully currently werking on

the fact this is not some random-ass idol unit but ex-mejibray members crafting those absolutely heinous and stylistically perfect (in their own unique kind of bad taste) bOPS makes my heart sing on so many levels x

Of course not on US iTunes. Don't know if I should be irritated or thrilled. Everything so far has been catastrophic...just totally unlistenable. Though I'll be honest, for every mejibray song I love, theres like six tracks of garbage. 

Also why the fuck did they only play venoms live once????

Koichi's looks are unintentionally spooky and unsettling. Along with their soundtrack, it will no doubt be a panic inducing Halloween experience.