I've been driving with the new album for 2 days now and i can't  believe how well mastered it is. Where did he learn that? Also I'm guessing piano and drums are programmed by him right?

Insane talent to write all of that if so. Like scary talent.

To be honest, I'm not big on Madmans Esprit's sound. I do really enjoy ms. isohp romatem.

I'll keep an eye out for both since I definitely see the potential.

They're all very talented.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:33 AM, Reiko said:

I've been driving with the new album for 2 days now and i can't  believe how well mastered it is. Where did he learn that? Also I'm guessing piano and drums are programmed by him right?

Insane talent to write all of that if so. Like scary talent.

He does everything by himself alone. It seems like there is no infrastructure for- and no money to be made from- his music in Korea so he basically had to learn to fill all positions himself. But I agree that the new album is absolutely amazing in both sound and composition and I hope everyone is going to listen to it once it releases digitally.  I don't think there is anything comparable from Japan or anywhere really. 'A day in black' is just genius. 

On 9/15/2018 at 5:46 AM, ahnchc said:

To be honest, I'm not big on Madmans Esprit's sound. I do really enjoy ms. isohp romatem.

I'll keep an eye out for both since I definitely see the potential.

They're all very talented.

actually ms. isohp romatem released two new music videos! I'm not sure if you saw it already :

Kyuho is indeed very active with the promotion, a few months ago he asked around for help to get his music more known. Shortly after that, he started releasing teasers and MV's. I find it also interesting that he also is releasing covers, while he is in the middle of the promotion of ME's newest album. I think it really helped him, in combination with the music he makes, to get a deal with GAN-SHIN and ... It made me interested as well, so I ordered Nacht and the newest album as soon as I could. 

On 9/17/2018 at 8:42 PM, CELESTIAL CIEL said:

sad to see nothing but aggressive promotion...

17 hours ago, Seraphinne said:

I think it really helped him

This really has two sides. When you don't promote it, you are cool and underground but they think you are inactive. When you promote it, it helps your exposure, but people find it aggressive. 

When I first discovered ME, they didn't promote it at all and therefore almost nobody listened to it. The few nerds who somehow found it really enjoyed it, though, so it could be somehow highly praised cvlt in a small circle. But on the other hand this kind of status doesn't help an artist at all. Being an artist itself can only stay a hobby without an audience. There is a small number of people who will check out music outside their 'known' scope but the majority will only try things that others already judged as 'good' or that they repeatedly see presented to them.

So basically without a label that takes care of distribution and promo and a surrounding where you can have regular shows, the only thing you can do to make people check out your work is to annoy them with it online and lose your 'cool artist' status.

This is great!! I'm a total nerd for blast beats and hearing them get used a bit more in VK always makes me happy, but so much of this going a bit more in the "full BM" direction is really satisfying.

I'd love to see more bands in the scene pull from that kind of metal - just a certain level of atmosphere and intensity that isn't found in some of the "chuggier" riffs a lot of bands rely on.

17 hours ago, Bear said:

Surprised to find out that this is a serious band. Thought it was a parody tbh.

What do you mean? Why would it not be a serious band? Please clarify. I just want to understand what you mean by parody. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I already posted it in the news forum, but since the new album is now out and streamable on Spotify I am really curious what everyone thinks.

In my opinion this is just stellar, both as a metal album and as a visual kei album. All bias aside, probably my favorite album of the year. So I will definitely write a detailed review later on. 

BTW the Japanese edition "無意識の意識化" will be released later this month through the same label that mamireta and KRAD are currently in. I already saw it for preorder in Like an Edison and CDJapan and curiously all the titles have been translated to Japanese...

Found this on the DIR EN GREY tag on Instagram.

This is pretty good.

I think people are so (rightfully) tapped out from EU VK that they aren't even willing to give this a shot, which explains the lack of well deserved hype.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:29 PM, Ro plz said:

I think people are so (rightfully) tapped out from EU VK that they aren't even willing to give this a shot, which explains the lack of well deserved hype.

Yeah, I understand it very well. I think the audience who would most likely appreciate this album are fans of darker, experimental and somewhat 'mature' sound in vk. People who like dir en grey, sukekiyo, kagerou and old mucc or maybe stuff like lament and emmurée would surely find it interesting. I also see people liking dimlim and kizu enjoying this.

But those are the same people who are probably extremely turned off by the sound of any other non-japanese vk project I can think of right now. And most likely of anything they ever heard from Korea.

PLS CHECK THIS OUT THO : < I guarantee you won't regret it.

if you like the bands above and hate this album after listening to it I'll give you a dollar.

I am currently listening to the album, and I can see where the people who generally do not swerve towards western metal can find this innovative or refreshing, as it is different from your usual visual kei oeuvre. But when especially black metal (they're selling it as black metal, right?) is your daily consumption, this feels like it is nothing more than entry level gothic/black names like Cradle of Filth and late Dimmu Borgir esque releases, lacking originality and creativity, and pandering to the masses with a more approachable sound. So perhaps it is a matter of perspective. To one they can sound like a completely new thing, and to others it may indeed appear as what is almost a parody-band.

Very enjoyable as a visual kei release, not so much as a metal release.

Edited by Lestat

It's always nice to hear (and see) visual kei music being created by artists outside of Japan. Like his voice especially when he does his screams. Definitely going to be keeping an eye!

instagram live video made me even more pissed they come this near to russia but i can't afford traveling now, but it's so nice of them to make digital releases, broadcast lives and sometimes even talk to fans. such a contrast with actual vk bands who treat foreigners as pigs even when they have like 12 bangyas and are bound to break up in three months

When an EP is really good,one minute is more than enough to realize it. His voice always impresses me,is so classy,plus this Sukekiyo vibe that is always present along with the black metal influence. Man,I can't believe this band exists,we need more like them.

I don't like his stuff,  but I think it's good to support the small organizers still bringing random acts to Europe! So for everyone who likes him, he will be touring Europe soon: