Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

CHTHONIC new album 「政治 Battlefields of Asura」 release

Their new album 「政治 Battlefields of Asura」(Politics (Seiji in Japanese) Battlefieds of Asura) will be released on 2018.10.10. The clip of 烏牛欄大護法 (Millennia’s Faith Undone) will be out on 2018.09.04.

Japanese editon : 2800 yen

CD :

01 本順

02 昭應

03 天誅

04 真武

05 失落的令旗

06 千歲

07 合掌

08 一念無名

09 鑒國

10 烏牛欄大護法

11 開眼

Bonus song for the Japanese edition :

12.TAKAO (live Ver. Ft DJ Sonjaat 2015 MegaportFest)

If you are in Europe, order here (14,81€, release date : 2018.10.12) : https://www.omerch.eu/shop/chthonic/products/chthonic-battlefields-of-asura-english-version-digipack-cd-plus-free-patch

In North America here (???) https://www.indiemerchstore.com/brand/chthonic

English translations : (provided by Howling Bull, OMERCH etc)

1.Drawing Omnipotence Nigh

2.The Silent One’s Torch

3.Flames upon the Weeping

4.A Crimson Sky’s Command

5.Souls of the Revolution

6.Taste the Black Tears

7.One Thousand Eyes

8.Masked Faith

9.Carved in Bloodstone

10.Millennia’s Faith Undone

11.Autopoiesis

cd.jpg

A deluxe edition will also be available ! You will be able to pre-order it as from 2018.09.05 ! It will have the same tracklist than the regular edition.

Japanese edition

1. キャップ(Cap)

2.数珠(Rosary)

3.特性ジャケット(Special jacket)

4.バッチ(Badge)

5.キャンドル(Candle)

6.7inch レコード(7 inches record)

7.ボックス(Box)

さらに日本盤のみの特典として (Japanese edition only)

9.Tシャツ(T-shirt)

10.直筆サイン入りPhoto (Autographed photo)

Other countries $126 USD

* Long-sleeve shirt reflecting the song "Flames upon the Weeping Winds"
* Cap reflecting the song "A Crimson Sky's Command"
* Prayer beads reflecting the song "One Thousand Eyes"
* Badge of honor reflecting the song "Taste the Black Tears"
* Candle cup reflecting the song "The Silent One's Torch"
* New album "Battlefields of Asura" CD
* Special 7" vinyl single ft. Denise Ho “Millennia’s Faith Undone (The Aeon’s Wraith Version)”
* Treasure box reflecting the song "Carved in Bloodstone"

Hong-kong edition HK$1,000.00

It will have the same contents than the previous edition.

Singapore/Malaysia : No information yet 

products_color_466_1.png

Edited by The Piass

That cover art is godawful. Looks like something a third grader could've designed if he got a chance.

Sounds alright, but the song doesn't quite reach the heights of the singles/previews we got from the two previous albums. Not even close. That's disappointing.

That acoustic version is about a billion times better than the original track, but that doesn't come as a surprise since Timeless Sentence is their best album alongside Takasago Army. Their acoustic stuff sounds so much better, authentic and powerful than their black and death metal stuff.

the deluxe edition looks awesome but sadly this band it's not as good as it used to be, for me chthonic and carach angren are in the same genre: "meme black metal", at least chthonic drop some awesome tunes in the past

probably i'm going to try to pickup the deluxe edition for the sake of collection

4 hours ago, Sickle said:

the deluxe edition looks awesome but sadly this band it's not as good as it used to be, for me chthonic and carach angren are in the same genre: "meme black metal", at least chthonic drop some awesome tunes in the past

How is Chthonic "meme black metal"? And which albums/songs are you referring to?

They start as a full sympho black And starting to drop that with time (not tottaly in their sound but their image), is like any other band who change their Style (for different reasons of course) in bm it's different because you either die being an asshole or die being a "sell out", personally I feel the BM is free as a bird and pretty personal for the musicians where they can express whatever they want even if that's bad or wrong, where are bands from right wing and left wing (even nsbm like goatmoon and I love em) and yeah the "sell out" bands are trying to be big and I like my BM being Niche, that's why I can't take them as a serious BM band

By the way I'm not saying a band trying to be big is bad, of course musicians wanna be big and live with that 

Edited by Sickle

Yes, they started dropping that with time. Chthonic is a band that's been slowly changing with every record. It's not like they suddenly changed their sound drastically with a single album to get more popular and break into mainstream. It's been a very natural change as they slowly incorporate more and more melodic death metal riffing and less and less symphonic elements with every album.

If we're going by your definition here, unless I am completely misunderstanding your point that is, then bands like Sigh, Enslaved, Solefald, Immortal, Bathory, Emperor, Burzum, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Graveland, Drudkh, Primordial, Nokturnal Mortum, Arghoslent, Krieg and so on are sell outs too, as they at one point or more in their careers all changed their sound and made more accessible and "mainstream" music. Difference is that all of these bands changes their sound massively within the spawn of one album, while Chthonic have transformed slowly and naturally for 20+ years.

So yeah, I don't really get what you're saying here and I hope I am misunderstanding your point.

I'd love see a list of your 10-20 favourite black metal acts tho.

Sign in to follow this