saiko

Tereko thread!

Hi there!

I wanted to create a thread to share our love for terekos. I've always felt they have some kind of magic that official recordings don't have, mostly if they are from a band's early gig. 

Dir en grey ones are my favorites. Although Kyo missing words or notes, or Kaoru missing the solo... that fastest-than-ever Sangeki no yoru totally kills it! The Gothic intro... the scream of the public... the loudness of guitars... Kyo's deep voice and desperate vibrato... 

AND what can we say about that early version of Zan? I really came to like it much rather than the album version... sounds so brutal... Toshiya and Shinya's speed-skills kill it, again!

I still hope someday we will have decent video footage from this era of Dir...💗

Hmm, there's some footage on my channel from various TV shows, but I can't imagine them releasing anything from that era ever again.

Regarding tereko, I'm not sure how many people here are into those. I only know two or three, for Dir en grey.

Besides, the Western trading scene is very small and they mostly don't talk about it openly, from my experience.

As for Japanese traders, they're shunned by other fans, as far as I know. It's illegal in Japan anyway.

It'd be cool if someone tried to sort of reconstruct the old version of Zan. I always wanted to try but my guitar skills are nonexistent

Tereko have those special things ❤️

They are really interesting for band who never release live DVD...

Lot of band (indies) can't afford proper live recording, so this is a way for Western to hear live version...

They also have oftenly jewelry (unreleased tracks, alternate version, band cover, session band...) !

But they are so hard to get, you can't come and ask for trade any tereko if you don't have your own originals...

Most of live are probably terekoed but kept under the counter.

Bkz it's illegal, bkz of fanboyism, ...

But this is understandeable.

I already have listened those Dir En Grey tereko, Seelentau is doing an awesome work !

17 minutes ago, xriko said:

But they are so hard to get, you can't come and ask for trade any tereko if you don't have your own originals...

I already have listened those Dir En Grey tereko, Seelentau is doing an awesome work !

Yeah, I still don't quite understand how to get into that scene myself. Imagine you have a tereko that nobody else has.

You offer it to someone for trade, terekos are usually traded show for show. So you trade the tereko and receive a second one.

The other person now has your tereko, the one nobody else but you has.

He can trade it on for another tereko he's missing, but you can't trade your new tereko, since everybody else has it already.

So basically while you now have a tereko you didn't have before, its trading value is 0, whereas the value of the tereko you gave the other person is still high.

And thanks for the kind words, but those terekos were online long before I uploaded them. I just tried to correct the audio a little, no idea if it worked though.

I can't upload terekos that aren't leaked, simply because I'd lose my contacts that way. Has already happened once, I don't want it to happen again.

But other than mp3s, you can find all information on early Dir en grey on the wiki. :)

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

Yeah, I still don't quite understand how to get into that scene myself. Imagine you have a tereko that nobody else has.

You offer it to someone for trade, terekos are usually traded show for show. So you trade the tereko and receive a second one.

He can trade it on for another tereko he's missing, but you can't trade your new tereko, since everybody else has it already.

So basically while you now have a tereko you didn't have before, its trading value is 0, whereas the value of the tereko you gave the other person is still high.

And thanks for the kind words, but those terekos were online long before I uploaded them. I just tried to correct the audio a little, no idea if it worked though.

I can't upload terekos that aren't leaked, simply because I'd lose my contacts that way. Has already happened once, I don't want it to happen again.

But other than mp3s, you can find all information on early Dir en grey on the wiki. :)

Yes I knews this DEG tereko was leaked.

I saw them live one time, probably gonna go this automn also :)

Just sayin' your blog is a beautiful place (and well organized) or Dir En Grey indies era information ;)

Back to tereko, yes they are mostly trade show for show. The asking people have to generally offers more than the receiver.

Once the trust is working, tereko are easier to trade or share with this person.

It's really hard to get in for a Western (less show to offers...), language barrier, untrusting past...

I contacted some people who got live recording I would love to hear, rarely get any answer.

14 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Not only it was difficult to find the vk scene back in the day, but nowadays keeping in touch with the artists you love is still difficult if it wasn't for the kind fans that rip and upload the stuff of the bands you like. Imagine for a second that people didn't existed...

Edited by saiko

The only tereko I can remember now is that one with gackt singing for the first time with Malice Mizer...

(I guess it was his first time because his voice was awful as hell. )

Edited by keilu

I used Share and Perfect Dark back 10 years ago, don't even know if it's still actually used in Japan, the nodes I had are probably dead as f*ck.

I remember I had the sadie one's and Unsraw one's on there. But I haven't kept them, back those day I wasn't in lol

Now most of trade are done by webhost (mediafire) or real exchange.

There is a beautiful picture of tereko which was posted recently...

DgZF8MaUYAIuqve.png

I remember having this image also....

C4xRAZmVcAA_Jg6.jpg?width=557&height=557

Those are not tereko, but video live record from the ガゼット...

All of that is to say that : there is somewhere, someone who have most of every live recording you'll ever want.

10 hours ago, xriko said:

sobre el comercio, si tienes tereko hecho por ti mismo, podría tener algún interés. 

Send me a Pm and sent me your list