Crimson

My Introduction

I am a university student from Bulgaria and I can speak four languages (very little Turkish, ironically my mother tongue, Bulgarian, English and medium level Japanese at best).
I was very into Japanese music since little, because of anime. But I only listened to anime openings, endings and occasionally some anime, dorama OSTs with a little K-pop from time to time.
But last year changed everything, I was introduced to heavy music by listening to Lordi and that's when my metal and hard rock obsession started. I became more indulged in different genres of music and become more musically diverse in my opinion. I am always open to a new genre of music to listen to.
As far as my VK introduction went, I listened to Versailles and that was a great introduction to a new style of expression in music. After Versailles, I started getting more into other VK bands like exist trace, Dir en Grey, X Japan, the GazettE, Insanity Injection, BY-SEXUAL, NéiL, Malice Mizer and Codomo Dragon which are all my favourite bands of all time. I have a lot more bands I have listened to but these I listened more than just one song. I also listen to some foreign VK bands as BatAAr and VII Arc.
For J-rock bands, I really love Wagakki Band, Galneryus, Yousei Teikoku and Abingdon boys school. For J-pop, I really recommend Yama-P and Utada Hikaru.

I could talk all day about music and hope I can share my opinions with you guys because as Visual Kei is very niche in the west it's almost impossible to find VK fans in my country.

Edited by Crimson

Hi! Welcome! Love Wagakki Band and Utada Hikaru as well~ Both artists create great music. Totally agree with you about VK being niche. It's impossible to find other fans where I live as well.

Welcome to MH

These artists that you listen to have great music, i also agree with you and @monkeybanana4 about the VK Niche, It's truly impossible to other fans from the country i'm from mostly, except in anime conventions though.

Enjoy!

9 hours ago, Crimson said:

I understand seeing where you live. VK will be hard to get in outer space 😂. Jokes aside nice to meet you both @monkeybanana4 and @K-x-H.

Haha, that's quite true :P The only life form here are aliens or space-like krills who know little about visual kei XD Aside from the digression, it's nice to meet you as well ^^v

Hi from Sweden!

It's very much a niche thing here as well - I know of less than ten people actively listening to (at least, older) VK here.

You have nice taste! Do you prefer indies-era X or major-era X Japan?

4 hours ago, Laurence02 said:

Do you prefer indies-era X or major-era X Japan?

I would say major-era mainly because they got recognized more in their own society where if you don't act like the others you are an outsider (which is still relevant today in Japan, but back then it must have been a lot more strict). As far as music goes, I can't choose because their style evolves with the time and it still is evolving to this day, which keeps you excited for the next X related release.