Velle

Worst Band Names in VK?

20 hours ago, suji said:

1. Black Gene for the Next Scene

Honestly, I am such a science nerd that I check out all bands with science names and came to like BFN because of that! 🤣

My bacteria heat island is also a band I checked out because of their name. Lol. 

I am still waiting for "Yersinia pestis" or "E.coli" 😂😂😂😂😂

Kaitou Sentai is also super annoying since there is a sentai show in japan that's called kaitou sentai, too.... -_-

Also this "chewing gum costs 100.000¥ fine in singapore" band has a stupid name!

1 hour ago, Masato said:

Also this "chewing gum costs 100.000¥ fine in singapore" band has a stupid name!

Then they changed it to something even worse - GzNDLH (pronounced Gandora!)

3 hours ago, Gesu said:

I mentioned them. Never listened to them, but with a name like that, I doubt they're anything special. Then again, who knows?

So you did. Oops lol.

They're pretty good, actually. Their vocalist is in DADAROMA now.

Back on topic, I remember one of the members of HOLYCLOCK was in a band called Hi-Speed Death Banana.

8 minutes ago, Alkaloid said:

Back on topic, I remember one of the members of HOLYCLOCK was in a band called Hi-Speed Death Banana.

That is a terrible band name. I love it.

Which reminds me, LiN from UNiTE used to be in a band called LeMpicka? (including that question mark). It doesn't sound all that stupid when you say it out loud, but I just don't understand this trend of weird capitalisation/punctuation. Then again, this is LiN from UNiTE we're talking about. They're a great band and all, but their song titles are just word salad and LiN is... weird. But he's a funny weird. I like him.

But anyways. You know how Zero from Lycaon/Initial'L used to be known as Rito? Well, before that, he was in a band (the name of which slips my mind) in which his name was Richard. IIRC, the other band members had stupid names as well.

I love them to this day, but I always thought "9GOATS BLACKOUT" was an awful name for a band. This has been confirmed every single time someone shows interest in what I'm listening to.

"Death★Rabbits" is so bad it's good.

"KuRt" always bothered me for multiple reasons; impossible to search for and they really don't sound anything like Nirvana or Kurt Cobain, nor are their lyrics similar/evocative of them in any way. Now that I think about it, Tenten's bands always have awful names, even to this day.

"MASK" and" SCISSOR" loopash two for one- unsearchable, generic, doesn't really fit the band's latter output.

and finally "Unsraw", it's a nasty sounding word, say it out loud.

Vk bands :

A -Anonymous Confederate Ensemble-

- Imitation PoPs uchuu sentai NOIZ

- By-Sexual

- bands who use generic girls names (Charlotte, Isabelle, Karen)

- Sugar

-Valkyr

-Aushvitz

J-Rock bands :

- KeyTalk

Keep Your Hands Off My Girl

- Nothing's Carved in Stone 

- Polkadot Stingray

- MUSCLE ATTACK

-  Sons of All Pussys

3 hours ago, Gesu said:

That is a terrible band name. I love it.

Which reminds me, LiN from UNiTE used to be in a band called LeMpicka? (including that question mark). It doesn't sound all that stupid when you say it out loud, but I just don't understand this trend of weird capitalisation/punctuation. Then again, this is LiN from UNiTE we're talking about. They're a great band and all, but their song titles are just word salad and LiN is... weird. But he's a funny weird. I like him.

But anyways. You know how Zero from Lycaon/Initial'L used to be known as Rito? Well, before that, he was in a band (the name of which slips my mind) in which his name was Richard. IIRC, the other band members had stupid names as well.

Oddly, the fact that the guy previously went by 'Richard' is some how one of the weirdest things in this thread 

Let us not forget THE MICRO HEAD 4N'S (Which supposedly is to be pronounced 'headphones?)

I don't know how you go from D'espairRay to that. I always thought D'espa was a sweet name (ignoring the unnecessary punctuation :P)

Edited by zombieparadise

Just remembered that three of the members of JILUKA go by Ricko, Boogie and Zyean (pronounced "Jane", I believe, but I thought it was "zye-EEN" for the longest time). Ricko, I can sort of get past. Boogie is just strange. Zyean…? Just... why? They're a good band and all, but why those names!? Sena's the only one with a normal name!

On 12/17/2018 at 3:32 PM, Masato said:

I am still waiting for "Yersinia pestis" or "E.coli" 😂😂😂😂😂

While mot VK og Japanese at all, there's already bands named both Yersinia Pestid and E.Coli. Heh.

Really like Yersinia Pestis as a name. Awesome bandname!

Edited by Bear

4 hours ago, Gesu said:

Just remembered that three of the members of JILUKA go by Ricko, Boogie and Zyean (pronounced "Jane", I believe, but I thought it was "zye-EEN" for the longest time). Ricko, I can sort of get past. Boogie is just strange. Zyean…? Just... why? They're a good band and all, but why those names!? Sena's the only one with a normal name!

As much as I stan them, their names make me super embarrassed, especially Ricko's, which in Spanish is read as "rico" and means "tasty", but in Chilean Spanish it's also an adjective for a hot dude (but like, Hollywood type, not VK type of hot).

I gotta ask Boogie about his, cuz it really gives me second hand embarrassment to say out loud.

6 hours ago, Gesu said:

Just remembered that three of the members of JILUKA go by Ricko, Boogie and Zyean (pronounced "Jane", I believe, but I thought it was "zye-EEN" for the longest time). Ricko, I can sort of get past. Boogie is just strange. Zyean…? Just... why?

omg a Zayn stan maybe?

the other names are practically this meme in VK form:

cbie9TQDESSmiLra7wcrpB1LBcDCg52EkNaEyjL3

20 hours ago, nekkichi said:

omg a Zayn stan maybe?

the other names are practically this meme in VK form:

cbie9TQDESSmiLra7wcrpB1LBcDCg52EkNaEyjL3

You could say she was lakynn some common sense.

...No?
Fuck you, my mum thinks I'm funny.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:55 PM, violetchain said:

04 Limited Sazabys is actually a fairly direct name. Gen mentioned a while back on Twitter that it comes from this:

2zdympj.jpg

The original drummer was a big Gundam fan, but apparently he misspelled "Sazabi" and I guess it was too late to change it when they noticed.

In all fairness, a lot of Gundam names sound like they were pulled out of a scrabble bag.

Royz- which I keep pronouncing as "Roids"

Golden Collard green fried chicken or whatever Gackt's other project was called.

Dummy-xD - that some myspace name

Baboo

Aboo

F@nny

Far east dizain

Buglug

Gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy

Log

Micro 4heads pon pon or whatever that name is

the 😮  um the : O

Fest Vainqueuer

Sex machineguns had a name before reminded me of Ino from Naruto

SHILFEE AND TULIPCOROBOCKLES <--- wut?

16 hours ago, anadentone said:

Sex machineguns had a name before reminded me of Ino from Naruto

I know that one is a reference to Sex Pistols (you know, the punk band). They wanted something edgier so they changed the pistols for machineguns.

I know it's short for "negative", but Nega is really awkward to mention to someone if you speak portuguese. It's a corruption of "negra" which is feminine for "black" so it has some unintentionally racist undertones (it can be used as an endearing term though, there's even a famous song named after it).

Edited by kuyashii