Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

ザアザア(Xaa-Xaa) new single 「死んじゃったポチの話」 release + DVD LIVE

Their new single 「死んじゃったポチの話」(Shinjatta Pochi no hanashi) will be released on 2019.03.20. Their DVD LIVE will be released at the same date.

The single will be about pets being abandoned. 

DvRA8ERU8AYCp-S.jpg

Edited by The Piass

These dudes are just churning stuff out at an almost Kiryu-level rate these days, arent they?

They are really on a tear right now. A couple of their recent singles got picked up by Family Mart radio, so it was being played around konbinis all over Japan and that really helped them. I think every show from the last tour, plus 雨の日, sold out. Keep it going, guys! Just give me a 2nd album next year, ok?

I really like their crazy side tracks (e.g. 排水口 / ピストル / のろいうた / ラブレター / ララララ ...etc)
Recently listening back to Belmosaic, I found some similarity,
just wondering if they will ever play their songs since 一葵 composed most of it ?

Edited by Bunny

7 hours ago, -NOVA- said:

This is awesome really looking forward to the live dvd. 

Need a set list xD

Not the exact order but I can tell you what they played

青いレインコート

コワいクライ

死にたい

カミソリ

排水口

大雨警報発令

不感症 

青空やめて

人間界からの手紙

雪時計

どす黒い

ピストル

アサガオが泣いてる(but they cut it? It seemed to be on purpose because Kazuki made a joke about it but it was weird)

ラブレター

マザレナイ

感電、けがの恐れがあります x2 (first time normal, second time just instrumental until the chorus and then Kazuki had us do wall of death then the usual mosh)

Encore 1

寄り道

のろいうた

チューリップ

うそつき

Encore 2

反骨ドッグ
(This was definitely unplanned cause the camera crew was already packing up when they came back out. Also about half of the crowd had already left to line up for buppan so everyone was pushing and shoving to get back in. I honestly think that was a bad call on their part.)

8 hours ago, r... said:

They are really on a tear right now. A couple of their recent singles got picked up by Family Mart radio, so it was being played around konbinis all over Japan and that really helped them. I think every show from the last tour, plus 雨の日, sold out. 

Timely paid for the Family Mart radio promos. Dadaroma and Razor also got them for almost all their releases since last fall. Idk how much that really helped them, though. I saw two big changes in the crowd this year, but rather than the radio promo I think it was because they played with Dadaroma, Razor and DOF a lot. There are a lot of Dadaroma fans that started coming from the twoman tour last year and the kaenbin tour this year. 

Also no, not every show from the last tour sold out. Both days in Nagoya, Osaka and Tokyo and one of the days in Sendai  were sold out but for the whole tour they only played at super small venues that hold around 100-130ish people. So yeah, sold out but they only played to a small crowd.

Yesterday was technically "sold out" in that all the tickets were sold but the venue wasn't completely filled. There was a crazy girl who bought 70 tickets and definitely didn't sell all of her extras. The same girl did this shit on Halloween as well which was also "sold out".

XAA-XAA also likes to say lives are sold out when they're not so don't trust them on that. (speaking as a fan)

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

I really like their crazy side tracks (e.g. 排水口 / ピストル / のろいうた / ラブレター / ララララ ...etc)
Recently listening back to Belmosaic, I found some similarity,
just wondering if they will ever play their songs since 一葵 composed most of it ?

I've been going to XAA-XAA's lives for almost 3 years and I can tell you with confidence they will never play Belmosaic songs. They have no reason to.

名も無き空へ, however, was originally a song from 6-sense (Kazuki, Reiya and Haru's band before Belmosaic) but I haven't heard them play it since Roji left the band. 

Edited by Duwang

This was a very insightful post, thanks @Duwang!  And yeah, of course Timely Records is paying for the radio promos, that's exactly what a good label should do in order to push their artists. Still, I think it helps walking in FamiMa and listening to ラブレター every 2 hours. More exposure means more potential fans.

And scummy ticket tactics aside (which apparently has more to do with obsessive fans than with the band itself), selling out venues, no matter how small they are, is a great thing for an indies band. It helps them gather momentum. And btw, did the old fans warm up to 亞ん yet? When I saw them last year he seemed to have a couple of fans.

Of course its great to sell out a venue regardless of size, however, they legitimately sold out bigger venues when Roji was still in the band and before that crazy girl started coming. I don't think they'll ever reach the same level of popularity they had around the time they released 雨に殺される.

I wouldn't go so far as to call them scummy but speaking as a long time fan I don't approve of some of the ways XAA-XAA are selling themselves recently, ie having more instores than lives, raising oneman ticket prices when they're still not a big band, having a 50,000 yen ($500)  fanclub trip to Nagano when bigger bands like Royz and Diaura have better trips for around the same price, etc. 

I still wish them the best, though. 

As for An, yes, he's not as popular as the other three but the old fans have warmed up to him and he has gotten a few more fans besides those who followed him from Elm. 

I personally still don't like him but I was a big fan of Roji.

Edited by Duwang

Thanks so much @Duwang very interesting information, i had no idea. I've heard fans buy tickets so they can sell out but jesus i had no idea it was at that level. I figured they would buy 4 or 5 extra. These fan girls are insane. 

Im really planning to pick this up, but ive had such a weird relationship with xaa xaa. Im kinda on and off with their releases. Will definetly give all those songs a listen thanks a ton ❤️ 

Edited by -NOVA-

"死んじゃったポチの話" (Shinjatta Pochi no Hanashi) will be released in 2 types

Limited edition (1944yen) will include CD (2 songs) and DVD including "死んじゃったポチの話" (Shinjatta Pochi no Hanashi) PV

Regular edition (1620yen) will include CD (3 songs) only

[tracklist]

01. 死んじゃったポチの話 (Shinjatta Pochi no Hanashi)

02. 最後に言わせて (Saigo ni Iwasete)

03. ゴミ捨ては何曜日でも (Gomisute wa Naniyoubi demo) [regular edition only]

Tracklist for the live DVD:

1. 青いレインコート

2. コワイクライ

3. ラストダンス 

4. カミソリ 

5. 大雨警報発令

6. 死にたい

7. ピストル

8. ピチピチチャプチャプランランラン

9. 排水口 

10. 不感症 

11. 人間界からの手紙

12. 雪時計

13. ぐちゃぐちゃ

14. どす黒い 

15. ラブレター

16. 感電、けがのおそれがあります。

17. 寄り道

18. チューリップ

19. マザレナイ

20. のろいうた

21.「うそつき」

22. 反骨ドッグ

damn I dont understand the slightest bit he's singing in shinjata pochi but watching the PV its such a sad story poor pup :(music vise it sounds beautiful 

the other 2 tracks sound pretty cool too and Im always down for xaa-xaa's messy chaotic songs so kinda looking forward to the last track 

Worth me logging to comment...still never disappointing and one of the few bands that can get me to listen to more emotional non-chaotic stuff. Although the dog song is so sad don't know how often I could really listen to that lol.

Sign in to follow this