Jigsaw9

cali≠gari

By the way, something that might also factor in to the high price (besides the CD being very limited): it also has a 68-page booklet. Plus it comes in a special case (colored, I think?) tho idk if that would inflate the price too much, heh.

Edited by Jigsaw9

idk booklets like that havent raised prices THAT HIGH before i think

i think it's honestly just trying to make up for their big minus in budgeting 

Ao + Aie commentary highlights 

**I wasnt paying as much attention

• Aie instantly understood how the commentary worked (with them commenting on youtube and us viewers listening to youtube and watching the e+ stream at the same time). comments were like "wow aie got it instantly when shuuji & kenjiro had no idea the whole time." Ao's response was basically "can you believe i'm the oldest" and they were basically saying he was shuuji and kenjiro's nurse/caretaker
  • Aie, after understanding how the commentary works, "ah, so that's why that's stuck over the camera. otherwise they'd see us fully nude. :) "
  • ao asked aie about the foam "idk what it is"
  • ao asked aie about the saran wrap "well it's not saran wrap... but like... the bigger version... we had other plans for it but ditched it and well mako had some time on his hands so :) "
  • ao asking about the mic and aie's just like "oh no the ones on the right and left dont do anything. just for decoration :) " ao asked if it was ok for him to actually reveal that and "yeah of course i mean if you LOOK with your EYES you can SEE that only the middle mic is hooked up!!" 
  • Aie and Ao talking about COMPLEX' be my baby at one point??? this song just follows me and turtels everywhere i guess
  • Even though it was announced in advance when the commentary would be Shuuji apparently called Ao in the middle of it and it cut off the stream at one point lmao
  • Ao continuing to call shuuji うちの石井 ("my ishii") and お石井 (o-ishii, adding o to the beginning of a name was something they did back in the day for ladies)
  • mako flailing around
    ao: he must not have stiff shoulders at all if he did there's nO WAY he'd be able to do that
    aie: hmm yeah he must do a lot of stretching
    ao: shuuji does a lot of stretching too actually before lives he's just perpetually stretching
  • A propaganda truck started driving around in the background and you just heard the ANGRY YELLING in the background lmao
  • uber eats guy walked in by accident and ao's reaction was simply to ask staff "was he hot?" (I believe the consensus was yes)
  • ao "the red lighting... it really... it eliminates your wrinkles... i recommend it..."
  • after deadman finished ao was like "well i'm full on deadman already is there really more to watch??? really?? lmao" and during cali gari he kept going CAN WE FINISH YET?
  • ao and aie talking about food (mostly boiled eggs) for the first song or two of cali gari lmao 
  • ao "I really dont want to do old songs anymore" aie " ME TOO" like aie deadman doesnt have any new songs what are you supposed to do
  • cali gari's release is next month and they havent even started 2 of the songs :) aie and ao proceed to crack up over how this schedule is impossible :)
  • ao telling more stories and tru facts that he probably shouldnt :)  :)  :)  i honestly forgot what he had been talking about though so cant elaborate
  • ao "if corona continues i need to get better at talking to myself for streams, huh"
  • ao and aie get stopped by the police for questioning on like a weekly basis apparently. Aie "If i have my guitar they dont stop me but if i dont then ALWAYS" ao "what the heck it doesnt matter if i have my guitar or not!!"
  • ao apparently has a VERY CLEAR vision of what oto sex 2020 will be

the end

oto sex 2020 is gonna be field recordings of shuuji screaming while his masseur is cracking his back

i was gonna put this in the last music related buy thread but i figured it might be better suited here

running out of cali gari CDs to buy so it's mostly DVDs

EfRgrk7UEAMeN9E?format=jpg&name=large

+ 第5実験室 予告版 with that hidden track which was a nightmare for an idiot like me to rip but i already put it away so i didnt get a pic of it

oh, and the dai2 demo tape came today. look at that cali gari money...

EfRgr-DUcAA_F_c?format=jpg&name=large

I've got a few more things shipped and on the way and more waiting to be shipped (looking @ u surugaya) 

once I buy

• 2018 oyasuminasai
  • 2017 shitasaki
  • last dance
  • 2012 夏の日
  • 密室 ザ☆ベストイレブン
  • 非金属の夜 20130927 SHIBUYA O-EAST

I'll be calling it a day and say collection COMPLETE

because not sure it's worth getting 

• 残響、睡蓮と向日葵 for 1 extra track, 
  • 初恋中毒〜童貞一直線篇〜 only popped up once and it was bought instantly so i give up before i begin
  • 俺は怒ってる does this even exist is it really what the heck
  • 俺が咲く山~Ride On! BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN~ impossible to get 
  • 新しい新曲デモバージョンCD-R「トゥナイトゥナイ ヤヤヤ」 it doesnt pop up often and i'm not that big on the two versions i have already. i think it's on surugaya but eh
  • the 2 sonosheets especially since the aoe one is on the goodbye disc 2

if I can get 第1実験室 and 洗脳's demo tapes for not 20,000 per tape then i will consider grabbing them🤔

does this mean it is time to start my lifelong journey to complete the goatbed discography 

Still waiting for suruga-ya as well, and it's been three fucking weeks. To make matters worse, they're selling some other shit I kinda want. 🙃

My next cali≠gari haul will include 残響、睡蓮と向日葵, so we'll know if it was worth it soon...-ish. I've ordered, like, 8 things this time, but I feel like I could do more lmao

And yeah, suruga-ya is selling トゥナイトゥナイ ヤヤヤ demo, but it's, like, ¥6,000, which is fucking stupid. It's probably identical to the one-track version, which is far inferior to the version on 12.

They started shipping my orders from about 3 weeks ago (we ordered around the same time) so i assume yours will be shipping in the next few days tbh

there are a couple things i am considering grabbing but i dont want to wait another 20 years for shipping... I'd rather buy on mercari, puresound, or closet child. smh.

yeah i'm curious if  残響、睡蓮と向日葵 is worth it but for now it's not a priority to buy for me personally

トゥナイトゥナイ ヤヤヤ demo is a bit much for 1 song that i'm not even big on. i wonder if it is different from the version that was included with the tokyo cali gari land CDs if not.. agreed that it's not worth it.

i'm not big on the 12 version either. tbh, I'm not big on 12 as a whole it's such a snoozefest. 

Edited by anakuro

4 hours ago, anakuro said:

because not sure it's worth getting 

• 残響、睡蓮と向日葵 for 1 extra track 

If you are referring to "キセキニイル(ライヴアレンジver.)", nah, its not worth it. But I love the '憧憬、睡蓮と向日葵' mini-album so its worth it for me to get live versions of the songs. 

The 2001 & 2011 versions of "再教育"  are remastered differently so you might want to consider those as well? 

1 hour ago, sads123 said:

If you are referring to "キセキニイル(ライヴアレンジver.)", nah, its not worth it. But I love the '憧憬、睡蓮と向日葵' mini-album so its worth it for me to get live versions of the songs. 

I've got the limited edition of 憧憬、睡蓮と向日葵 so idk about buying 残響、睡蓮と向日葵 just yet

1 hour ago, sads123 said:

The 2001 & 2011 versions of "再教育"  are remastered differently so you might want to consider those as well? 

I do have 再教育 & 再教育 改訂版 though?

I haven't taken & posted a picture of every single cd i own 

but, well, here's the collection

↓↓

Spoiler

EfS35aKU4ActVjo?format=jpg&name=large

**the cds at the bottom that arent in stacks are extras

EfS35wpVoAA7eN_?format=jpg&name=large

had to start a 3rd tower because there are too many. 第2 lives on top of this stack with the 淫美まるでカオスな 2020 mcard.

the 再教育's and 第6 are at the top because of size and being lumpy. 

EfS36JvUYAEJuf3?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by anakuro

19 hours ago, sads123 said:

If you are referring to "キセキニイル(ライヴアレンジver.)", nah, its not worth it.

Awww... why do you think so? Is it not that different, or not as good as the first version? I'm bordering on 睡蓮と向日葵 stan, so I don't think I'll regret buying 残響. I do kinda kick myself for not getting 回想 when I put in my suruga-ya order. Maybe next time if there is a next time at all soon.

@anakuro you gotta get a new shelf and get those CDs unstacked, it's a very nice collection! Start building that shrine~

Lmao unfortunately with all my other cds there's no other space to put them & we don't have space for more shelving in our apartment.

Maybe when we buy our house I can finally get better shelves for the cds😂😂 but I don't mind them being stacked tbh. 

Think more cali's been delivered today👀

3 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

Awww... why do you think so? Is it not that different, or not as good as the first version?

Eh, its the same as the single, just that its performed live and I never liked that song in the 1st place so.... 😗 I wonder why they tacked that song into the CD though; kinda out of place.

3 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

I do kinda kick myself for not getting 回想 when I put in my suruga-ya order.

You are referring to the CD of mp3s that came as a present for pre-ordering the 回想、睡蓮と向日葵 DVD? I wonder why CDs like these are still being released when one can easily rip mp3s from the DVDs as well...

Edit: The CD is titled "残響、睡蓮と向日葵 II" while the DVD is titled '回想、睡蓮と向日葵'. My bad   😗 

21 hours ago, anakuro said:

I do have 再教育 & 再教育 改訂版 though?

.....then I doubt there's anything else that you lack, unless you wanna conquer the VHS segment of their discography as well 😗

Edited by sads123

20 minutes ago, sads123 said:

You are referring to the CD of mp3s that came as a present for pre-ordering the 回想、睡蓮と向日葵 DVD? I wonder why CDs like these are still being released when one can easily rip mp3s from the DVDs as well...

Nah, I was talking about the 回想、睡蓮と向日葵 DVD set itself. I don't care about that bonus MP3 disc. Although that disc can be handy for some, I'm sure not everyone has the software/time/energy to make an audio rip from a DVD. But yeah, cali≠gari doing MP3 discs is weird. Just throw in a download card (and make it FLAC please) and save money on production costs!

And I like キセキニイル, but good to know the version on 残響 isn't different 😕. Still hoping I don't feel like I've wasted money when I listen to the CD.

1 minute ago, Seimeisen said:

Just throw in a download card (and make it FLAC please) and save money on production costs!

Their download card releases has been consistently 160kbps or 192kbps so don't get your hopes up!

Get the 狂信盤 version of the  回想、睡蓮と向日葵 DVD if you can; the 4th documentary disc is worth it. Though it comes with a useless 2nd disc of the same 11 songs out of the 24 songs seen on the 1st disc WTF why why why

The lab. ura archive demo cd is almost all 128kbps :):):) ao sure does like those low bitrates 

shuuji on the otherhand consistently provides lossless w/ goatbed lmao...

On 8/14/2020 at 1:46 AM, sads123 said:

Their download card releases has been consistently 160kbps or 192kbps

Wonderful 🙃

Get the 狂信盤 version of the  回想、睡蓮と向日葵 DVD if you can; the 4th documentary disc is worth it. Though it comes with a useless 2nd disc of the same 11 songs out of the 24 songs seen on the 1st disc WTF why why why

That's the plan! Plus the artwork! I mostly only buy 狂信盤 anyway. Although I do have the 良心盤 for 13 (at TOWER, 'cause I bought another CD with it that I shouldn't have; should have just bought the blu-ray version and not that other CD), TURN 3 (another time at TOWER, regret it now 'cause I found the 渡邉盤 at Little Hearts a week later), and みんなの発狂.

I guess that second disc was supposed to be a condensed version of the disc 1 show for airing on TV? Still doesn't seem like a necessary thing to include, they could have at least used a different set to (kinda) change things up.

I'm just kicking myself for not getting it when I placed my last suruga-ya order 'cause it's hella cheap over there.

Their download card releases has been consistently 160kbps or 192kbps

It's rough. The ヘクトウ demos were 320 kbps at least......

Got some further info on the lives + upcoming streams.

- ok first news is each date on the tour will have section 1 and section 2 (like how goatbed did). Weird that suddenly it's OK when before Ao said it'd be impossible for the 2 man with deadman HMMMM.
7,000 yen per ticket for Osaka & Nagoya, 7,500 for Tokyo. HM. 
- FC members can apply for the lottery for tickets in advance starting tomorrow at 10:00  
Good thing i was planning on being up by then tomorrow anyway 👌👌

- 11/28 e+ stream of the 11/15 KANDA SQUARE tokyo live. 
Includes a QR code with the song that they will give out to folks who go to the Tokyo live.

- There will be twitcasts for the 2nd section of each leg of the tour but there will be different camera angles for you to choose from.
1) Everyone's a Guest! - 2020yen

camera angle from that area the people with guest passes usually stand. Afterwards there will be a greeting from cali gari members & you'll be emailed the setlist.

2) You are the Prompter - 14,000 yen 😭

The camera will be at the prompter and you'll basically be having eye contact with shuuji through 80% of the live (probably). Please note when he stands too close to the prompter all you will see is his feet.

3) SPACY Guitar - 2,500 yen

the cam will be placed around Ao. You'll be able to see him stepping around, moving, and making mistakes. Be aware when he's GETTING THE CROWD PUMPED you'll only see the amp.

4) Bass Kids - 2,500 yen

The camera will be placed by Kenjiro. You'll be able to see that SWEET bass technique. Be aware: when he's gettin the CROWED PUMPED you'll only be able to see the amp.

5) Turn Into The Staff at Stage Left - 2,500 yen

the camera that staff will operate in the stage left area. You'll be able to see Ao and Shuuji and if you're lucky maybe kenjiro!! Sometime staff move the camera and you wont see anything lol

Get setlist emailed to you

6) Turn Into The Staff at Stage Right - 2,500 yen

stage right ver of ↑ You'll be able to see kenjiro and shuuji and maybe ao if you're lucky!

Get setlist emailed to you

Nagoya - guest pass, you are the prompter, bass kids, stage left

Osaka - guest pass, you are the prompter, spacy guitar, stage right

Tokyo - guest pass, you are the prompter, spacy guitar, bass kids

The schedule for things going on sale & which streams are available (JP only) ↓↓

org_file_oAC9c5C5CIcGShcWCdsbs.jpg

The funny thing about the twitcasts is this is something Ao brought up in commentary back in the 6/7 stream. 

"wouldnt it be funny if we did streams with a camera at shuuji's prompter shuuji fans would LOVE THAT 'oh MAN I'M MAKING EYECONTACT BLUSH'" sorta thing. 

*Double Purchase of Blue Film - REVIVAL - Campaign details:

SPECIAL PRIZE: Release Tour Online After Party ~SPECIAL ROOM~ - 10 people

Prize A: Signed poster - 30 people

Prize B: Online After Party - everyone who purchases both

Edited by anakuro

1 hour ago, anakuro said:

You are the Prompter - 14,000 yen 😭

The camera will be at the prompter and you'll basically be having eye contact with shuuji through 80% of the live (probably).

I know what YOU are getting~ But ouch, that price! Must be shuuji's idea. 

This article:

http://vif-music.com/2020/08/26/caligari-41/

mentions a download code for a song will be given out for concert attendees (both physical and online) as well.

9 minutes ago, sads123 said:

I know what YOU are getting~ But ouch, that price! Must be shuuji's idea. 

This article:

http://vif-music.com/2020/08/26/caligari-41/

mentions a download code for a song will be given out for concert attendees (both physical and online) as well.

Lol, you got me. I'll get the prompter for 1 of them. Can't decide which since i'd like to go to Osaka and Nagoya.... but Tokyo's going to have 2 streams anyway.

The idea of the prompter stream itself was Ao's from back in June, as I mentioned.

But regarding the price, hm. Shuuji's been pretty generous w/ pricing recently to be honest. I hardly believe it was just Shuuji that said, "lol let's slap a 14,000yen price tag on that" 

Ah, yeah, I mentioned the QR code.

It's only for those who go to the Tokyo live and/or buy the e+ stream ticket for the 11/28 stream.

It's also in the picture I put up, but kind of hard to see.

Now that I think about it, with how it's phrased I wonder if the song is actually called カリ≠ガリの曲🤔That'd be a tad strange though...

Edited by anakuro

20 minutes ago, anakuro said:

Can't decide which since i'd like to go to Osaka and Nagoya

If me, I'll go for 1st session, since they are broadcasting the 2nd session.

20 minutes ago, anakuro said:

It's also in the picture I put up, but kind of hard to see.

Yeah, I took some time to finally figure out the ins and outs of the options haha. I'll most probably get all the guest passes and spacy guitar options available via twitcasting, since they are priced so economically (shuuji, I'm looking at you 🙄). My only concern is that the download code is tied with the more expensive (and less accessible) e+ streaming on the final date zzzzz

Edited by sads123