monkeybanana4

ヴィルシーナ (Verxina)

I didn't see a thread for this band, so here it is :D Let me know if there are any mistakes.

EKYZX3LU8AAuLwc?format=jpg&name=small

Members

Vocal: Hiro (ex-Visage → gossip → 7Addict → ヴァリル (varyl) → Verxina)

https://twitter.com/verxina_hiro 

Guitar: Kaie (ex-Luzmelt → VelBet → Varyl(support) → Verxina)

https://twitter.com/verxina_KAIE

Drums: Mar (ex-Crecien de Rona → ティアラ (tiara) → Faust → gossip → chemical pictures(support) → 7Addict → D’efend Chroma [雅美/Masami] → Verxina)

https://twitter.com/verxina_Mar 

Former Members

Guitar: Coco (ex-Créateur(support bass) → toriaezu koakuma doumei → Gemini → secret → ex-秘メ事 (himegoto) →  Verxina → ?)

https://twitter.com/verxina_Coco

Bass: Zikuru  (ex-SHeepSLeep(support) → Verxina → ?)

https://twitter.com/verxina_zikiru 

Releases

[Single] 2018.07.04 妄執 (Moushuu)

[Single] 2018.12.19 依存 (Izon)

[Album] 2019.03.20 教典 (Kyouten)

[Single] 2019.08.28 カルト (Cult)

[Single] 2020.02.26 サヨナラ (Sayonara)

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/VerxinaOfficial

Official Website: https://verxina-official.com/

The PVs for both singles are located below the cut. 

Spoiler

Edited by monkeybanana4
adding info

His voice is a typical VKei voice nothing special, doesn't give the music any real extra feeling. which makes vkei in general totally boring for me tho. Can't they just give us their real voice?

But, melody is nice, but can they also do it like this live? how would be his voice without filter 😛

Because then you notice if a band is really that skilled

So if they ever pour out any live footage, please share it!~

After all I give them :3.0:

Hopefully they will stay alive longer than 2 years o.o 

29 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

His voice is a typical VKei voice nothing special, doesn't give the music any real extra feeling. which makes vkei in general totally boring for me tho. Can't they just give us their real voice?

But, melody is nice, but can they also do it like this live? how would be his voice without filter 😛

Because then you notice if a band is really that skilled

So if they ever pour out any live footage, please share it!~

After all I give them :3.0:

Hopefully they will stay alive longer than 2 years o.o 

wow. speaking about verxina i don't remeber their vocal tbh, i remember listeninig to them once or twice and they were nice, i will surely check out their next release. but one of the main reasons i love vkei is the variety of voice tone colours and those little special features different voces have. funny thing is that at the same time vkei has a plenty of awful, horrible vocalists as well. but i also find interesting that even some vocalists who clearly don't hear wtf are they singing have deep, unique voices, they just miss like all of the notes haha

1 hour ago, yomii said:

wow. speaking about verxina i don't remeber their vocal tbh, i remember listeninig to them once or twice and they were nice, i will surely check out their next release. but one of the main reasons i love vkei is the variety of voice tone colours and those little special features different voces have. funny thing is that at the same time vkei has a plenty of awful, horrible vocalists as well. but i also find interesting that even some vocalists who clearly don't hear wtf are they singing have deep, unique voices, they just miss like all of the notes haha

Vkei has too many awful, horrible vocalists. And you have to hear a band live to judge if someone can hit the tones how they have recorded them.

verxina recorded shizzel is listenable, but the voice of the vocalist,, mmm it's as so many others...

But since you saw them, If you cannot remember it, then it was neither good or bad.  amazing or bad vocalists you always remember 😛 unless you are drunk as... 

Nice newcomer band! They actually caught my ear because of the vocals, haha. :D And then the instrumentals are competent and nice too. Of course, it's early to judge but their first two singles gave them a really promising start imo. Can't wait to see what they can offer us through a full album... I just hope they have enough steam to make it exciting, seeing how young of a group they are (unlike, say, MEJIBRAY did with their first full-length).

Edited by Jigsaw9

I loved their first music video: it was a nice mixture of mid-2000's influences, modern influences, and the melodic chorus really sold me. 

I don't think I've listened to their second single yet, but I am glad that they have gotten enough momentum to put out an album already.

14 hours ago, BrenGun said:

Hiro's been in the scene for 15 or so years and he can definitely sing good live. There's hardly any live footage but the last 40 seconds of this video shows what he can do. I agree with everything else you said though, he's not amazing or anything and the band feels like it's lacking something. Still gonna check out the album though.

Spoiler

Edited by Tanishi

This album of theirs is so fucking vk from top to bottom that it'll take time for me to digest it properly before I'm able to decide whether this stuff is awesome or not. 

Does anyone know who's their composer? Their synth at least sounds exactly what I've heard from Himegoto.

11 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Does anyone know who's their composer?

If my memory isnt dogshit I think its mar their drummer 

But I'm not home so I cant look at my copy to confirm

Or maybe it was Kaie lol fuck me 

Edited by chipathy

thanks for a really quick response. 

i was probably too quick on the trigger to assume that the one guy with an ex-crazy synth band was the composer when pretty much all of them come from crazy synth bands. this really is the ultimate shit kei superband

they're filling an important niche in a scene that has continuously lost most of its edge over the years so bring the shit-kei realness I'm here for it x

Really liking what they've put out so far, a good balance between the heavy/more brutal side of vkei and the more melodic side of it. Look forward to seeing what these guys keep coming up with in the future.

29 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

D931PfkW4AEyxyQ.jpg:large

I will have scans of the album up at some point soon, but I think this snippet is probably my favorite lyric of Kyouten.

Do you know what the Japanese part more or less translates too

Just now, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Yep, new release of some sort this winter and that they'll announce details later.

Didn't they announce another new single for the fall too, or was that Virge?

Virge is fall, verxina has a new single end of this month, thanks for clarification tho