Sign in to follow this  
RaeDesu

Have you ever been recorded at a live?

Hopefully this is the right place to put this! 

Have any of you been recorded; either visually or vocally, at a j-rock concert? And then ended up on a cd/dvd? 

I have! I ended up on the Snow White single by D. The song "SIGNAL" was recorded live at their Major Debut Concert (Which I was at), and so I ended up being a part of the screaming crowd at the beginning of the track! It was super neat to realize that I was there, and experienced that event!!

The ones I can think of, off the top of my head, are the following DVDs:

Dir en grey - TOUR14 PSYCHONNECT -mode of “GAUZE”?-

Dir en grey - TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ______ [mode of VULGAR]

Dir en grey - TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ______ [mode of MACABRE]

Girugamesh - Last Live DVD

sukekiyo - MUTANS // 2016.7.17 sukekiyo 2016 live「裸体と遊具、泥芝居に讃歌の詩」-漆黒の儀-

I've also attended the filming of a lynch. live DVD at Hibiya Park Concert Hall, but I've not actually looked at it yet so I don't know if I can see myself in it.

I've also been featured in some instagram clips from MUCC etc. but I don't count those. I'm sure there are more though so I'll give it some thought and return to this thread! Being a tall white guy attending concerts in Japan means that it's quite easy to spot yourself in a DVD, haha.

3 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

The ones I can think of, off the top of my head, are the following DVDs:

Dir en grey - TOUR14 PSYCHONNECT -mode of “GAUZE”?-

Dir en grey - TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ______ [mode of VULGAR]

Dir en grey - TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ______ [mode of MACABRE]

Girugamesh - Last Live DVD

sukekiyo - MUTANS // 2016.7.17 sukekiyo 2016 live「裸体と遊具、泥芝居に讃歌の詩」-漆黒の儀-

I've also attended the filming of a lynch. live DVD at Hibiya Park Concert Hall, but I've not actually looked at it yet so I don't know if I can see myself in it.

I've also been featured in some instagram clips from MUCC etc. but I don't count those. I'm sure there are more though so I'll give it some thought and return to this thread! Being a tall white guy attending concerts in Japan means that it's quite easy to spot yourself in a DVD, haha.

OMG haha I can imagine! But that's so cool, what a list you have there!!! You must live in Japan to be able to go to so many concerts, then. How neat! Thanks for sharing :)

I can be seen on Arlequin's DVD at Shibuya Koukaidou and 0.1gnogosan's DVD at Akasaka Blitz. Also I was at DaizyStripper's 10th anniversary live and they filmed but I haven't found myself on the DVD yet. I also can be found on multiple crowd shots from all kind of bands but didn't keep track of that... 

I know that I was recorded visually on the Taste of Chaos tour photobook, but I never saw myself, so they must have not used Seattle footage when they made the book, which makes me sad, cuz there was a whole bunch of friends and myself all together. 

I also know that I was in a couple images from when D went to Akon, cuz I was in the front row of that, but I believe they were from blood Stain Child, and not from D.

I'm in the Awoi last live DVD, too many close from the camera :s

And I can hear my disgusting tone during the public sing at the last song :s

But still happy to been a part of this ! 

I'm on:

Dir en grey - Ghoul Tour  DVD - NY segment im on the front row when they do a sweep of the crowd during RED SOIL

the GazettE World Tour  Documentary - You can see me when they film the line entering on the San Francisco segment

Not a DVD but I'm also front row in the BABYMETAL livestream from Rock on the Range 2018 so I show up a couple of times.

I'm on the DVD of Ks first live and somewhere on the documentary DVD about the second EU tour of UnsraW. I'm also in a few clips from Nocturnal Bloodlust during their EU tour. And there's a picture of me in the photobook by Deathgaze. Maybe a fewother pictures from lives of random bands I've seen, but nothing special I think.

I'm on the video of Phantasmagoria in Houston - both in concert and while we were waiting in line. Also got photographed and printed in Cure during that time; I'm still baffled as to why lol My bright pink hair is in D'espairsRay's The World Outside The Cage, I think it was? (Dallas). And I'm in Versailles' photobook part that covers when they came to Dallas. I can't remember if there were any videos posted from it, but I was front row ^^ It's neat, but I always feel a bit embrassed being caught by the camera.

You can see my pink hair in the front row on MUCC's Kyutai DVD. Also catch me at 1:57 in this Geek's video. It's outside the venue before the show at SXSW.

Satsuki's Berserker video :D

Also, I think I'm visible on Toshiya's photo on Instagram during Warsaw gig. 

Edited by EvilHippy

On 1/21/2019 at 6:02 PM, RaeDesu said:

OMG haha I can imagine! But that's so cool, what a list you have there!!! You must live in Japan to be able to go to so many concerts, then. How neat! Thanks for sharing :)

Nah, I just happened to vacation there often between 2013 - 2017 and attended a whole lot of concerts when I was there. 

There's a video on Yoshikis instagram of him shaking my hand as well, haha, that was from his visit to Sweden though. 

Dir en grey I THINK during their Ghoul tour in Seattle. Not recorded, but it's something.

2rDE0CO.jpg

Edited by ghost

Oh god there's this Psycho le Cemu DVD where I was unfortunately standing front of the cameraman the whole time and it cuts to me and my friends so many times I feel like they could have included me as a liner note. Also my cringy "don't speak Japanese well" teen self was immortalized on their U.S. DVDs and I can't even watch them because of how embarrassed I am.

I end up in front or second row a lot for Western artists since generally attendees are locals and don't really understand how to get good tix or how lives work, so I've seen myself on their instagram or twitter pic posts often enough after a Tokyo show.

Sign in to follow this