Manji 卍

NAZARE

41 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Beat me to it. + Who cares how old they are? What difference does that make to the music itself?

Personally I was just thinking if someone I admire like Uta is 20 years old then I spent the same amount of life time as him in doing 1/100 less for people

Edited by Fyrnia4Maya

Yeah this is totally a bummer, just feels like the number of really good/unique v kei bands is just getting lower and lower. Most of my favourites are/have disbanded or seem to have lost inspiration and are getting lost in the generic sea of v kei.... mehhhhhhh. I'm hoping the rest of these guys go on to produce one or two other awesome bands.

Here's a Nazare "live report" from yesterday's show at Aoyama Rizm written by my Japanese friend. He sent me a picture and the crowd was super small. 

---

I’m so pissed!!!

Because there was no announce about photograph, I took some pictures to show you.

Right after that, the tiny hobbit vocalist yelled at me saying “don’t shoot, obey the rule!!”

I was so turned down and couldn’t enjoy any songs.

I got pissed and talked to staff if there was any announcement about photos and they said no and it depends on the band.

I got a good idea. I sent my words directly to the vocalist through Twitter.

How could I know the rule I never heard.

So frustrated.

I said they should've announced beforehand if it's prohibited and you totally ruined my opportunity to have fun. I greatly lost my time and money. 

I would never listen to them.

I wish I could just laugh it away, but the way I was told was so rude without plite words and that is I can't stand with.

[Later he emailed again:]

I'm very mad I was told "rule wo mamore".

The rule I didn't even know.

I don't know why but I just hate to be said.

It sounds like I broke it on purpose.

And he didn't use KEIGO to customer who paid money for them. Don't act like one of cool artists he totaly imitated Kyo, hairstyle, clothes and everything.

He said he bought the same brand.

[And then after sleeping, another email]

Oh, I just came up with two idea why the vocalist had to stop me.

He was afraid that I would post it on Twitter and that could damage and cancel their final tour. He is the cause of disbanding, so he didn't cause any more trouble to other members.

Also, he didn't want anyone to see how they couldn't gather enough audiences because it's Kakkowarui.

They have to suffer something in return. For that I don't need my direct revenge.

Let's see what happens after doing rude to me.

22 minutes ago, Snaked0g said:

I'm very mad I was told "rule wo mamore".

The rule I didn't even know.

I don't know why but I just hate to be said.

It sounds like I broke it on purpose.

This Japanese neurosis of being so concerned about obeying or not the rules to the extent of not reaching the sleep amazes me even to this day.

Is he new to the scene ? Cause taking pictures is usually never allowed during live shows.

2 hours ago, Snaked0g said:

They have to suffer something in return. For that I don't need my direct revenge.

Lol he got told to follow the rules and the band deserve to suffer ? The fuck 

He's not new to the scene. He's been attending shows for probably 20 years. 

The venue staff told him pictures were fine with them, but it's up to the band. He was put off (to say the least) by the vocalist yelling at him rudely for something he couldn't have known. After that he couldn't enjoy watching so he felt cheated. I get what he's saying, but also I think you have to be part of Japanese society to fully understand the language/cultural nuance of keigo, and the impact it had by not using it.

12 hours ago, Snaked0g said:

ok Karen

As for the revege business, I think that's my fault for asking my friend whether he wanted to post his pictures (i.e., "direct revenge"). He said no because he told the vocalist he deleted all the pictures. I guess, then, the indirect revenge is just posting this story. Of course I'm not surprised that posting the story in this forum doesn't result in any kind of vengeance, because most people here won't take his side. I'd be interested to see whether reactions would be different in a Japanese forum.

Edited by Snaked0g

8 hours ago, Snaked0g said:

but also I think you have to be part of Japanese society to fully understand the language/cultural nuance of keigo, and the impact it had by not using it.

I speak Japanese and my girlfriend is a native, so I understand the relevance of the vocalist's lack of keigo, but here's a tip: don't take pictures at live shows, period. Just enjoy the live. Do I think Mio probably shouldn't have addressed it? Sure. But I think that your friend's reaction was just as petty as Mio's impolite speech.

Edited by patientZERO

37 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

I speak Japanese and my girlfriend is a native, so I understand the relevance of the vocalist's lack of keigo, but here's a tip: don't take pictures at live shows, period. Just enjoy the live. Do I think Mio probably shouldn't have addressed it? Sure. But I think that your friend's reaction was just as petty as Mio's impolite speech.

Alright. While I disagree, I appreciate the conversation. It's been fun to see what everyone thinks!

I gotta admit while I do understand why Vkei bands don't like people taking photos and videos at the same time I don't get it. Like if people are taking photos/videos of bands they can share online or whatever isn't that helping give the bands exposure to people who may not have heard of the bands otherwise? Like see some photos or a video and think "wow, this band look awesome, I'll have to catch another show as that one looked kick ass" sort of thing. And isn't like phone videos of gigs are ever that good that it's going to stop people attending lives or buying the dvds or whatever so seems a bit petty and counter productive in my opinion. Also is worth noting that basically no other genre of music has dumbass rules like this so is weird that vkei does, just seems a bit lame and shit that vkei is like this.

On 9/25/2020 at 6:19 AM, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

I gotta admit while I do understand why Vkei bands don't like people taking photos and videos at the same time I don't get it. Like if people are taking photos/videos of bands they can share online or whatever isn't that helping give the bands exposure to people who may not have heard of the bands otherwise? Like see some photos or a video and think "wow, this band look awesome, I'll have to catch another show as that one looked kick ass" sort of thing. And isn't like phone videos of gigs are ever that good that it's going to stop people attending lives or buying the dvds or whatever so seems a bit petty and counter productive in my opinion. Also is worth noting that basically no other genre of music has dumbass rules like this so is weird that vkei does, just seems a bit lame and shit that vkei is like this.

Other Japanese acts do this as well, but it’s always genres where the image of the artists is very important (ex. Idol groups). 

From a foreign lens, yes, it seems counter productive. The only reason why some bands don’t allow pictures overseas is because they don’t want word getting back to Japanese fans that they allowed it.

Kiwamu and Dada have explained that the reason for the ban is due to anxiety that it will detract from cheki/photoset/DVD sales. To them, it’s worth it to lose the outside exposure because it encourages the most dedicated portion of the fanbase to empty their wallets on their favourite band.

12 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

Other Japanese acts do this as well, but it’s always genres where the image of the artists is very important (ex. Idol groups). 

From a foreign lens, yes, it seems counter productive. The only reason why some bands don’t allow pictures overseas is because they don’t want word getting back to Japanese fans that they allowed it.

Kiwamu and Dada have explained that the reason for the ban is due to anxiety that it will detract from cheki/photoset/DVD sales. To them, it’s worth it to lose the outside exposure because it encourages the most dedicated portion of the fanbase to empty their wallets on their favourite band.

I get it, but that all still seems a bit silly though. haha. A few phone pics/videos are never going to be as good as professionally shot photos/gigs so I really don't think it would be THAT detrimental to sales. People who are big fans will still buy the stuff anyway. Personally I'm not a big fan of phones out at gigs generally so it is kind of good that not everyone is there with phones out, but if one person wants to take a pic or two as a memory or whatever then making a fuss over that is really lame. It would be a problem if you had a line of obsessed bangya on the front row constantly ramming their phones in your face the entire show so tbh feel just getting a balance right would be a more realistic approach.