The Piass

sukekiyo will release a new album called『INFINITUM』

Damn, Kyo is taking this whole "Mike Patton" thing to a whole new level. I'm curious if Mike Patton even knows who Kyo is, and more importantly, if he's aware of Kyo's love for him.

EDIT: @0:58 in the video clip it looks like someone's playing a Schecter 8-string guitar?????

Edited by geist

Has Kyo ever voiced a liking for Patton? The Patton x Kyo comparision is really common (and pretty fair IMO) but I don't ever recall Kyo stating he's into Patton or any of his projects?

Really excited about the collabs mainly because of Baki, Juichi, and Nobuya. Hope the guests have a bigger part in singing compared to the last collab disc though... Instead of shouting during choruses.

14 hours ago, suji said:

but the frequent use of butchered French/English is ok?

English and French don't have the mysticism that surrounds the Latin language.

Bands using words from any language to get their names is no problem. I simply feel Sukekiyo overuses Latin and it feels pretentious.

Edited by seikun

8 hours ago, Tokage said:

ppl out here gonna act like 90s band names like ✝Le+Rêve:DuCroissanT✝ are fine but a band using latin terms as album titles is too pretentious

I mean lyrically they're on same level so aEsThEtiC porcus latinus really adds nothing to sukekiyo and their value; it's been grating enough in Deg.

32 minutes ago, seikun said:

I simply feel Sukekiyo overuses Latin

they do x

32 minutes ago, seikun said:

and it feels pretentious.

it does x

44 minutes ago, seikun said:

I simply feel Sukekiyo overuses Latin and it feels pretentious.

Totally. 

EVERY major their release is named in Latin.

And even if it isn't - it's some kind of Japanese clusterfuck, like those two last live-limited singles.

It's on the same level as Hageshisa to, Yokusou and other longass name.

EDIT.

Also, naming third album Infinitum while already having Immortalis seems redundant to me.

Edited by EvilHippy

On 5/3/2019 at 11:24 AM, geist said:

Damn, Kyo is taking this whole "Mike Patton" thing to a whole new level. I'm curious if Mike Patton even knows who Kyo is, and more importantly, if he's aware of Kyo's love for him.

EDIT: @0:58 in the video clip it looks like someone's playing a Schecter 8-string guitar?????

Uta on 8 string! 

50 minutes ago, madygrain said:

Baroque overusing latin is the bigger issue here, you're missing the forest for the trees

puerh at paella is the best ex-vk album title ever, we stan delicatessen connoisseurs x

THIS IS ITTTT!! In love with that song. My mind just couldn't handle so much greatness on the first go. I just wish there was more of that guitar at 1:32

2 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

Does anyone know how long the uncut song is? Is there that much else on it to warrant an edit?

All you need to do is wait until the end of this month :)

...and looking forward to this AOTY heavy contender.
No need to rush.