Fyrnia4Maya

Is YOHIO and DISREIGN really bad people?

Hello, I was looking for disreign stuff here and I saw alot of people who had direct contact with YOHIO say that he is a really bad person and the disreign members too. This broke my heart because DISREIGN was my favourite band until then. I personally dont mind people that is egotistical or awkward or unlikeable, but I read that he treats people badly and that he caused Seremedy to break up because of money, when he sings about how greed is breaking the world all the time in DISREIGN

Is YOHIO really that bad as a person? I saw his documentary and sure he complains all the time and shows 0 emotions but that makes it feel honest and he seemed to appreciate his friends

Its just that what I heard about DISREIGN are exactly the things that I cant stand in a person, to the point where I cant even listen their music anymore (thats just how I am) I heard he uses art as an excuse to drink and fuck, that he treats people badly and that he is a hypocrite (but that is mine because of the seremedy thing) can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you if you read

If I hear something particularly negative about someone, I'm very sceptical about it until I see it with my own eyes or until I see irrefutable evidence. It's not that I instantly deny the possibility of them doing the thing they've been accused of, unless they have a reputation for being dishonest (*cough cough* Tanuki *cough cough cough*); it's just that I believe in innocent until proven guilty on both sides. Basically, if someone accuses someone of doing something bad, I'll stay out of the situation pretty much completely until I know something for sure. I don't think this should be any exception. You don't know for sure? Ignore it until you do or try to find out more personally. I can't say whether or not you'll meet him at some point, but let's assume for argument's sake that you won't. That means that you'll have no way of knowing his true character, so unless you find out something that you cannot deny that proves him to be a bad person, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? It could be true, it could be speculation. I don't know, and neither do you. People who have had bad experiences with him are obviously free to dislike him (as is anyone, really), but if we hear something about someone we know of in real life, we're normally curious as to what kind of a person they are anyway, as we often assume it to be just a negative experience from an individual's account and not strictly generalisable.

TLDR: If you met him, you might like him. Who knows? Everyone's individual experience with someone else is just that; an individual experience. It's best to just stay out of things you don't know much about and not hold negative beliefs about someone you don't really know, unless you're willing to find out for yourself from first-hand experience (i.e. meeting him).

4 minutes ago, Gesu said:

If I hear something particularly negative about someone, I'm very sceptical about it until I see it with my own eyes or until I see irrefutable evidence. It's not that I instantly deny the possibility of them doing the thing they've been accused of, unless they have a reputation for being dishonest (*cough cough* Tanuki *cough cough cough*); it's just that I believe in innocent until proven guilty on both sides. Basically, if someone accuses someone of doing something bad, I'll stay out of the situation pretty much completely until I know something for sure. I don't think this should be any exception. You don't know for sure? Ignore it until you do or try to find out more personally. I can't say whether or not you'll meet him at some point, but let's assume for argument's sake that you won't. That means that you'll have no way of knowing his true character, so unless you find out something that you cannot deny that proves him to be a bad person, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? It could be true, it could be speculation. I don't know, and neither do you. People who have had bad experiences with him are obviously free to dislike him (as is anyone, really), but if we hear something about someone we know of in real life, we're normally curious as to what kind of a person they are anyway, as we often assume it to be just a negative experience from an individual's account and not strictly generalisable.

TLDR: If you met him, you might like him. Who knows? Everyone's individual experience with someone else is just that; an individual experience. It's best to just stay out of things you don't know much about and not hold negative beliefs about someone you don't really know, unless you're willing to find out for yourself from first-hand experience (i.e. meeting him).

Im trying to find out more personally, but no one answers my messages

Just now, Fyrnia4Maya said:

Im trying to find out more personally, but no one answers my messages

If you don't mind me asking, why does it bother you so much? You thought he was a good person until now and you can't find anything you know for a fact to be true that proves otherwise, so why can't you just assume he's a good person? I'm not trying to sound confrontational or anything, I'm just curious. I'm also not saying that everyone who said he's a bad person is instantly a liar, before anyone goes off on one at me, nor am I not advising you to be ignorant. I'm just saying, if you thought he was a good guy, why look for anything that proves otherwise if you can't find anything that you know proves it? Everyone has their opinions and it's not like anyone in the world is absolutely 100% unlikeable throughout their entire lives, so how others perceive him may be very different to how you perceive him.

2 minutes ago, Gesu said:

If you don't mind me asking, why does it bother you so much? You thought he was a good person until now and you can't find anything you know for a fact to be true that proves otherwise, so why can't you just assume he's a good person? I'm not trying to sound confrontational or anything, I'm just curious. I'm also not saying that everyone who said he's a bad person is instantly a liar, before anyone goes off on one at me, nor am I not advising you to be ignorant. I'm just saying, if you thought he was a good guy, why look for anything that proves otherwise if you can't find anything that you know proves it? Everyone has their opinions and it's not like anyone in the world is absolutely 100% unlikeable throughout their entire lives, so how others perceive him may be very different to how you perceive him.

I just like music because it is (to me) the people behind it speaking up their feelings, so the person behind the music is very important to me. Its just that people said he is a bad person, and when I try to see people against that, I cant find them unless they are fans of the music and just say I love him. All I have is the vague subjective things people say so I want to get that off

20 minutes ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

I just like music because it is (to me) the people behind it speaking up their feelings, so the person behind the music is very important to me. Its just that people said he is a bad person, and when I try to see people against that, I cant find them unless they are fans of the music and just say I love him. All I have is the vague subjective things people say so I want to get that off

Well, I think you've answered your own question. You're right, they are expressing themselves and projecting their feelings in some form or another, because musicians are writers of a sort and writers take from their lives. If the music is that important to you, then maybe you'd perceive the musicians as good people because no-one can really tell you as much about someone than the people themselves. Also, I think it's worth noting that while, again, you're right in that the people who say he's a good guy are mostly just fans who say they love him, it could be argued that it works the other way around; that is, the people who say he's a bad guy are the ones who hate his music. Maybe, maybe not. Again, we don't know. Plus, as you said, it's just vague subjective stuff.

Also, I'd like to clear something up; earlier, I said that it's best to ignore it until you know something for sure and just go about your life, but I also said not to be ignorant. What I meant is that you shouldn't get too heavily involved in things you don't know much about as you're likely to make the situation worse by doing that, but that you should at least be open to every possible perspective as long as you're in the dark. Don't definitively assume or refute anything; just see things as you would normally.

Edited by Gesu

12 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Well, I think you've answered your own question. You're right, they are expressing themselves and projecting their feelings in some form or another, because musicians are writers of a sort and writers take from their lives. If the music is that important to you, then maybe you'd perceive the musicians as good people because no-one can really tell you as much about someone than the people themselves. Also, I think it's worth noting that while, again, you're right in that the people who say he's a good guy are mostly just fans who say they love him, but it could be argued that it works the other way around; that is, the people who say he's a bad guy are the ones who hate his music. Maybe, maybe not. Again, we don't know. Plus, as you said, it's just vague subjective stuff.

Also, I'd like to clear something up; earlier, I said that it's best to ignore it until you know something for sure and just go about your life, but I also said not to be ignorant. What I meant is that you shouldn't get too heavily involved in things you don't know much about as you're likely to make the situation worse by doing that, but that you should at least be open to every possible perspective as long as you're in the dark. Don't definitively assume or refute anything; just see things as you would normally.

I really appreciate you helping me with this, people who give their time is the most generous to me and I thank you for that alot, I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as you said then again the critiques are alot more tangible (like his girlfriend talking about the shit he put her through) it's just very hard for me to swallow when everyone with alot of perspectives all agree in the one thing that he does things I personally hate, but thank you still, I'll try to follow advice

Edited by Fyrnia4Maya

4 minutes ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

I really appreciate you helping me with this, people who give their time is the most generous to me and I thank you for that alot, I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as you said then again the critiques are alot more tangible (like his girlfriend talking about the shit he put her through) it's just very hard for me to swallow when everyone with alot of perspectives all agree in the one thing that he does things I personally hate, but thank you still, I'll try to follow advice

Aye, no worries, always happy to give my two cents on an issue like this. Plus, this got me in a really articulate mood which I needed, as I have homework due in tomorrow and I couldn't care less about it until now.

Some guys are real passionate about shaking up the Vkei scene and are genuine about creating music but their are also those that dress like this just to get laid by Bangya. Though I can't gauge where Yohio stands on this spectrum because I don't know much about him. I am usually optimistic and would give people benefit of the doubt until some disturbing evidence presents itself like from what I see from Kisaki (truely foul person)

I wouldn't read too much into ha lyrical musings if I were you, visual kei artists are Generally Very Good at being hypocritical, and that part is the only genuine VK trait she's naturally capable of performing iykwim.

5 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

ya everything people say about yohio is true as people never lie on internet.

SEIKE is not a random person on the internet, and artists do lie too about what they are

7 hours ago, saishuu said:

watch your back for the brick that life is planning on throwing at you

I mean why would anyone be a fan of Vkei artists if they are hypocrits that dont care about art, not why would anyone be like them, I personally dont like to spend time in someone just to pay alcohol

Look, you asked for opinions and people gave them to you, I guess you hoped there would be a slightly more positive feedback, no? It seems like you'll keep idolizing him/them no matter what, so even if he is an asshole, why should that change your opinion on his music? Remember, even dickheads can make enjoyable stuff (not necessarily Yohio, but still, y'know)

2 hours ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

Is that real/true? 

You've got all the decent/real responses you're gonna get from this thread. My advice is don't take any bait comments and carry on enjoying yohio's music because at the end of the day, you're only gonna know what he's really like by talking to the man himself and let's be real, that's not gonna happen any time soon. 

5 hours ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

I mean why would anyone be a fan of Vkei artists if they are hypocrits that dont care about art, not why would anyone be like them, I personally dont like to spend time in someone just to pay alcohol

Uuhm, I have something to tell you about like 70% of artists in any discipline, (exchange alcohol also with drugs/p**sy/money etc.)...  If you seek the artist doing art only for the sake of Art alone you'll find a staggering 0% of "pure" artists, at least a degree of "pay attention to me!" is always there.

Now if you want to avoid supporting the worst assholes in the bunch it's your prerogative (Me too I'm trying to do it), but if you are looking only for the purest of the pure I have bad news about the music world (and "ART" in general).

I'm pretty sure you are still very young so don't take this as a scolding, but as a little tip about the subject of arts and people.

Edited by Arkady

53 minutes ago, Arkady said:

Uuhm, I have something to tell you about like 70% of artists in any discipline, (exchange alcohol also with drugs/p**sy/money etc.)...  If you seek the artist doing art only for the sake of Art alone you'll find a staggering 0% of "pure" artists, at least a degree of "pay attention to me!" is always there.

Now if you want to avoid supporting the worst assholes in the bunch it's your prerogative (Me too I'm trying to do it), but if you are looking only for the purest of the pure I have bad news about the music world (and "ART" in general).

I'm pretty sure you are still very young so don't take this as a scolding, but as a little tip about the subject of arts and people.

Why do we all agree in that the entire world is full of bad people and yet we are still here "supporting" each other? No one thinks they themselves are bad and try to do their best (except me) 

PD: Artists can spend money on whatever they want as long as money is not all why they do it and for example just make new music when they have no money left on their credit card, you can do that and that's totally fine, I just personally don't like it when I invest myself in it because then it would be just another job and why would I even spend my money in your content then? You know what I mean? 

Edited by Fyrnia4Maya

To a limited extent, it is useful to separate the art from the artist. There are many musicians that make good music but aren't good people, and I honestly don't give a shit about any of that that unless said musician does something extremely awful, like rape or murder. I don't support musicians because I like them as people (although that certainly helps); I support musicians because they make music I like. If you like YOHIO and you like his music, and you can't find anything that would convince you otherwise, then that is all you need to know.

Besides, we are all fans and we are all equally in the dark about any given musician's true nature. Unless you know that person personally, there's no way to tell for sure what kind of person he is. Rumors can start because he is an asshole all the time, or a rumor could have started because he was having a bad day and directed his anger in the wrong direction at the wrong time. You will never know for sure reading comments on the internet. Hell, people are routinely surprised when acquaintances and friends get ousted for crimes or seedy behavior, always quick to drop the line about how they "didn't know" they were capable of such behaviors. The only person that knows how good of a person YOHIO is is YOHIO. 

Trying to quantify how "good" a person is and how much they should be "supported" with little to no supporting evidence is a slippery slope into fascism. 

Eeeh, I see a lot of conflicting things said about YOHIO. In one place I can see people saying he is a good person, while in another place I see people saying the exact opposite. It's hard to tell honestly.

Personally, unless there is hard and undeniable evidence that he has done some bad stuff, my overall sort of positive opinion of him will not change. And even if there is evidence of him doing some things that makes him not the greatest person, that's not going to stop me from listening to YOHIO's or DISREIGN's music somehow.  Honestly, my biggest issue with YOHIO right now is just him promising big things coming up soon but then they take forever to happen or they just flat out never happen.

And this applies to pretty much any celebrity I like, really. As long as they haven't done anything truly horrible like commited murder, raped someone, or abused someone, I really don't care. Simply drinking a lot, smoking a lot, or having a lot of sex is not a huge problem to me. If that's how they want to live their life, then I'll let them.

Also, people still idolize celebrities that  have been accused of doing bad things, so I don't really see why this matters? You're entitled to think however you want of course, but liking someone who may not be the greatest person is not a bad thing in itself.