Zeus

What are you listening to 2?

Like I honestly think the ONE good thing 2020 brought me aside from staying home longer (which was overcompensated by shit .......) was having my fav teen pop singer from my teenage years go full on y2k myspace emo like I've always wanted 😙😋😍🥰🤩😜😛

Everything else was just dumb mistakes bad health dollar on the high and live concerts on the low tho

(On a less "ew what have I jus listened to", things like this isn't why I like her... this is actually.)

Edited by Chell

Honestly my playlist just rolled and I wanted to share this instead:

So we were talking about Shoutan me and a friend and it's just amazing how he takes the 3D Bishounen Aesthetic to another level?? Cheesy choreo, check. Flawless looks, check. Actually bearable music, check. Doubles as an idol and seiyuu, check. TECHNOLOGY, check. Can't really point any flaws. Guess that's where years of j-pop and k-pop took us. I'm fine with this

Edited by Chell
THIS IS GOOD

On 8/4/2020 at 8:42 PM, Chell said:

Like I honestly think the ONE good thing 2020 brought me aside from staying home longer (which was overcompensated by shit .......) was having my fav teen pop singer from my teenage years go full on y2k myspace emo like I've always wanted 😙😋😍🥰🤩😜😛

Everything else was just dumb mistakes bad health dollar on the high and live concerts on the low tho

(On a less "ew what have I jus listened to", things like this isn't why I like her... this is actually.)

I didn't expect to ever like a Demi song and the visuals are just a huge bonus! I miss the old internet :')

10 hours ago, platy said:

I didn't expect to ever like a Demi song and the visuals are just a huge bonus! I miss the old internet :')

Don't we all! 😞 Lately one of the few things that actually bring me joy is updating my neocities and following other retro websites there. And it's just confirming my suspicions - I am old old Internet is still fun, social network monopolies are unnecessary 

And as for Demi she was the only Disney singer I not only tolerated but actually liked in my teens when she still did ~rockish songs~ lol a pity the Disney singer label weighs so heavily because she is so fine and could do much better. Gotta love her versatility in going from Let It Go to FOB - Irresistible unscathed

In another subject, isn't this new release from Utada Hikaru pretty amazing?

Found this song and I am surprised at how much the monotone vocals sound like some contemporary singers but with a positively 80s/early 90s beat and sound ofc. And it bothers me how much she sounds exactly like someone I should know well (Etsuko Yakushimaru? Komuai? Something-like-that-but-not?)

(kinda offtopic but, the whole citypop revival of the last half of the decade made me realize how many of these trends that have become all the rage in japanese experimental/alt dance (-inspired) music in the 2010s actually began in 1970-80 and it's just crazy. Wish I could say something convoluted about it but to be fair I think Golden Bomber - Dance My Generation summed up the trend better than I could ever lol.)

Edited by Chell

Good music man 😥 

While we are at it and if anyone wants to help me find my brand of hearing loss ... around 2:40 you'll be hearing 2 "instruments" playing simultaneously forming a sound. Until last week I certainly heard the "dudu-duduudu" better (top notch explanation right here) but now the guitar (?) catches my attention more ; it's definitely associated to whatever temporary hearing loss my psych med is causing me. It is the best explanation I have found for it so far it seems. Please tell me what you hear better? (As the only person I count on is tired of my complaints about this med and my messed up hearing already lmao.) 

Edited by Chell

i bearly found a symphonic and instrumental version of blue blood album by xjapan and to see how blue bloods great release seeing xjapan do symponic instrumental version truly shows thr masters at work ♥️✌️

Edited by ki11edb1th3qu33n

I always thought this Vivid was a Mandela Effect/Hallucination where I thought I misremembered some old school band as having the same name as ViViD but nah, they are real.

I think I just witnessed one of the cheesiest PVs in Visual Kei history but the song's kinda a banger tho 😳

Edited by Total Saikou