Manji 卍

Gulu Gulu

1 hour ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

TV performance that gulu gulu participated in 

What is this show or program about? Is this a relevant show in terms of audience?

Also, it is still hillarious to me the way Japanese TV hosts have to treat their attendees. For someone who doesn't understand their language, they seem to constantly make fun of such attendees, by screaming and pointing at them while laughing like psychos... They look like kids staring at something they would consider a freak... I don't know how to put this 'rude' behaviour along with the actual Japanese extremely polite rules of treating the other 🤔

Edited by saiko

Someone who understands Japanese,please,at least give us a clue about what they were talking about. 

(Nice to see Ai smiling so easily,he looks cute. (And kazari, wtf happened to your mouth? Lmao) )

rough bad at back-translating overview (i'm skipping comedy fluff):
one of the first things is about Kazari's makeup, the host says he put too much paint and so it looks like he had cake and just left it all over his mouth.
He asks if there's a concept for Gulu Gulu and Ai says no, "somewhere a private, happy guy is singing songs of happiness and unhappiness and such...sounds shitty huh?"
Host asks so it's really fine for the concept to be shit, Ai says yes.
Then the other host asks Hotaru how he got his antenna to light up, he says from a home center for 1000円, he's robo-Hotaru so he generates his own power.
The lady on the left is an over the phone fortuneteller, she says something about underworld and hidden world access, she talks about the band's invisible spirit energies or whatever being present, that they possess a certain charmingness, that the synergy that comes from them seems good.

Host says at lives and such you don't really get any charmingness do you? Ai says things like beating the microphone (on his head etc lol).
After that it's just the yes/no game, and they ask the girl's group if they've taken part in the sugar daddy fad, then if they've had a relationship with a man over 40, if it was good, where they met the dudes...if they've had an offer to be in an adult video etc..
At one point Ai correctly guesses the amount of girls who would answer 'yes' (for the AV question) and then the host asks him if he's the AV scout lol

This is a weird show, but I'm really glad they got to do an interview. I kinda wished they performed a song though, but hey, I'm glad I have something to satisfy my urge for viewing something new from Ai.

Saw they've announced their 2nd single but am a little confused with the tracklist, basically seems both types (as expected it's a 2 type release) have two actual songs and a load of "talks" on them, so am not sure what that will be all about exactly.  "Gulugulu radio classroom" seems to be the overall gist, some are listed "strong talk" so am assuming that is perhaps explicit talks or something? Anyway, if anyone can be bothered to look more into the details, post them here, would be cool to know better what's going on with these.

On 9/14/2019 at 2:17 PM, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Saw they've announced their 2nd single but am a little confused with the tracklist, basically seems both types (as expected it's a 2 type release) have two actual songs and a load of "talks" on them, so am not sure what that will be all about exactly.  "Gulugulu radio classroom" seems to be the overall gist, some are listed "strong talk" so am assuming that is perhaps explicit talks or something? Anyway, if anyone can be bothered to look more into the details, post them here, would be cool to know better what's going on with these.

They're supposed to be QnA from fans. I guess the Taishuu talks will be the most asked questions by fans, since Taishuu means poplar and the Strong talks will be questions picked by the band.

12 hours ago, Himeaimichu said:

They're supposed to be QnA from fans. I guess the Taishuu talks will be the most asked questions by fans, since Taishuu means poplar and the Strong talks will be questions picked by the band.

Ah ok! Interesting idea. Not sure they needed to put that on CD rather than a podcast or insta live or whatever but ok. I mean I like the idea about them answering fan questions and whatnot, but on a CD, don't you kind of want music? Not people talking?? lol.

5 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Ah ok! Interesting idea. Not sure they needed to put that on CD rather than a podcast or insta live or whatever but ok. I mean I like the idea about them answering fan questions and whatnot, but on a CD, don't you kind of want music? Not people talking?? lol.

Yeah I dont see the point either lol. I personally think it's a waste of CD space, but maybe they could at least put a hidden track?

http://www.sunkrad.jp/band.html already week old news they're signed onto sunkrad but the website has officially been updated with gulu gulu listed under the band's section. also i guess interesting tidbit, in japanese on the sunkrad website they have the band name listed as グルグル but on gulu gulu's twitter they spell it as ぐるぐる, works either way but not a whole lot of consistency lol 

Edited by chipathy

On 9/26/2019 at 2:24 AM, chipathy said:

http://www.sunkrad.jp/band.html already week old news they're signed onto sunkrad but the website has officially been updated with gulu gulu listed under the band's section. also i guess interesting tidbit, in japanese on the sunkrad website they have the band name listed as グルグル but on gulu gulu's twitter they spell it as ぐるぐる, works either way but not a whole lot of consistency lol 

And on the first single cover/artwork they wrote the name like "gulu gulu" so maybe they aren't too fussy about how it's written. So nor should we be. haha.

6 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

That's Hotaru-chan. You can watch him building it here:

Yeah I had originally confused the two lmao. I originally thought Chucky was Hotaru lol

On 11/2/2019 at 12:46 AM, patientZERO said:

That's Hotaru-chan. You can watch him building it here:

This is so amazing. haha. I kind of love how cheap it looks as well, like something that would appear on those "worst cosplay" pages. 😛 But I get the feeling you're not meant to be taking it too seriously so all good. But yeah, loving it. haha.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:24 AM, sleepy coffee said:

Just to add to this, I noticed in their latest mini album credits that "DYNAMITE TOMMY" is the executive producer, which is a name any Dir fan must have seen at least once, so if they're on the same label and being produced by the same guy who's been behind Dir en Grey for the majority of their career makes me very curious about the future of this band and if they will ever amount to Dir levels of success in the future. Of course, that doesn't happen overnight, but still, it's piqued my interest somewhat.