RaeDesu

Disbanded bands that you wish were still together?

What are some bands that you absolutely LOVE, that are no longer together and you wish they still were? 

For me, D'espairsRay is my number one band that is no longer together, and I wish they were. I'm just glad that they still make music, even if it's not with eachother. 

For me, it has to be Sadie. Master of Romance is a masterpiece and I would kill for them to get back from their hiatus.

I've heard that THIRTEEN is pretty good so I might check them out sometime soon 

It really is difficult to choose just one band or some, but I would like as much as possible to keep

Definitely D'espairsRay. It was kinda like they had to disband unwillingly. Still personally hope that they will come back together some day.

Another band could be RENTRER EN SOI, but considering all the drama happening within the band itself, disbanding could be the only way out.

On top of that, the two core RES members joining sukekiyo makes RENTRER EN SOI's disbandment more acceptable to me.

But what I regret up til now is that they disbanded when their musical career was at the peak, the quality of their music was so good back then.

D'espairsRay, Morrigan (especially since Nihit joined and could have easily replaced Pitty.), Boom Boom Satellites and for Michiyuki to have never gotten cancer and died, deadman, MEJIBRAY(🤔)  Girugamesh (even though they got worse over time.), PIERROT, Malice Mizer (the future is hopeful.). I can't think of anything else at the moment. If we're including non-Japanese I'd definitely say MCR and HIM. 

6 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

If we're including non-Japanese I'd definitely say MCR and HIM. 

Ayyy, nice to see a MCR fan up in here! Black Parade is an all time favourite of mine!

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Ayyy, nice to see a MCR fan up in here! Black Parade is an all time favourite of mine!

I prefer Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, but TBP is beloved to many including my girlfriend so I totally understand where you're coming from lol.

Just now, secret_no_03 said:

I prefer Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, but TBP is beloved to many including my girlfriend so I totally understand where you're coming from lol.

Three Cheers is amazing as well! The Jetset Life is an absolute favourite of mine! 

23 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Signal, unsraw,  sadie, 12012

Oh man, yes, 12012 for suuuure, I miss them! 

25 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Signal, unsraw,  sadie, 12012

I'd have to agree with UnsraW and Sadie. I'm not a fan of what has become of the latter with The Thirteen.

D'espairsRay for sure, even if it meant their quality kept dropping. I was devastated once RENTRER EN SOI disbanded too, but now I can find comfort in knowing they ended things before it all went to shit (and it would've happened). Their timing was perfect.

Other than that, I just wish Isshi was still alive.

Gill'e Cadith. Even though they were short lived, their music is really important to me personally, and it's sad that Karuna barely does anything that I can vibe with anymore. At least bassist Shigure is playing support for Kimi wa Surudoku, so maybe a revival will come someday? Hopefully?

An Cafe, but it's not possible because takuya left music. And I love their music.

Lc5 because Miku forget this band 😭. Their sound are nice. They not disband but they not active since many years.

Many bands actually, but one long forgotten: Baiser.

I loved Baiser, it was one of the bands that had a great impact in me. Today I feel the band has fallen into unfair oblivion.

Edited by seikun

Eliphas Levi, Noir Fleurir, BLAST/ Lamiel , Medue'obscur and... BLEACH... like duh... i know that they did a one-day revival show back in 2016, but still i would like for them to get together and make great music again