nick

HIZUMI (ex-D'espairsRay Vo.) new band NUL. has formed

1 hour ago, geist said:

That doesn't apply. I said "barring specific circumstances". An encore sing-along with fans is one of those "specific circumstances" I was talking about.

Sadie played Meisai twice during the first live DVD

girugamesh played お前に捧げる醜い声 twice on their last live dvd

Huge D'Ray fan here. I happy HIZUMI is back, wish it was with D'Ray though. 💔

I heard the demo and his voice sells it for me, fuck it lol

Imagine not having other places to seek attention other than a JRock forum, geez

1 hour ago, nostalgia said:

The new Boku No Hero Academia OP sounds great!

GoodnaturedUnacceptableArrowworm.webpAnimatedCriminalEuropeanfiresalamander.w

ContentHandyGuppy.webpColorfulSilverFrenchbulldog.webp

Spoiler

nah forreal tho. this shit is weak, even by anison standards :tw_pensive:

i don't hate it but i don't love it either. I'm still just glad to hear his voice again plus he is screaming/growling mildly so i'm still hopeful for a DespairsRay reunion again.

This "band" is in dire need of a drummer and bassist and they may have some potential. 

4 hours ago, Kaleidoscope said:

I liked it a lot more than I expected, it's a well composed song and fun to listen, which is pretty much what I hoped to hear from this project.

Pretty much in agreement with ya there.

I think if you play the same song with a real drummer and a bassist it would sound much better, more powerful. I felt like his voice is too good for this instrumental

Edited by Kirito

man, this is bad. they are trying too hard make it work, but that synth is just too much.

add that protools dnb drums and it end up sounding like dance dance revolution or smh

What makes me even more sad is that you can clearly see Hizumi is not fully recovered. It's pretty noticeable how his screams end up just before failing

9 hours ago, Yukimoto said:

Sounds great and I never listened to his previous work so yeah haha

shit man, go listen to coll:set or mirror

you are missing one of vk's greatest gems

Edited by chemicalpictures

As someone who Can evaluate music independently of anyone’s prior music career, the song is dope. 

as a massive d’espairsray fan in extremely disappointed. But this is NOT a d’ray joint so I have to learn to let that go. 

This sounds like a left over from Monster that Hizumi had laying around.

The Guitar and bass are very simple and safe which isn't far from Karyu and Zero's styles on a lot of D'espairs Ray's music.

Some drums, and maybe less usage of the effects and this would be D'espairs Ray redux tbh

Nothing amazing but not bad, simply off of the strength of those qualities.

22 hours ago, ZERO -零- said:

I like this song a lot but it definitely sounds like it's from a sonic the hedgehog game.

WTF Live and Learn shits all over this, if you are going to compare to something bad at least choose something REALLY bad like someone already did with the Uverworld MHA opening (I don't even think Uverworld is garbage but to make something like odd future I am pretty sure they were doing a experiment where they were trying to know how far they can diarrea a song and get away with it)

Hizumi is probably afraid to restart despairsray and not be up to do they previous material to a satisfactory level, well I hope he finds a way since his vocals are one of the most memorable from "recent" times VK