suji

shigatsu. disbands due to infidelity

As if we hadn't heard all the ridiculous reasons for a band to break up...

Three-member band shigatsu. (formed in early 2018) have disbanded on June 1 due to infidelity, mainly on the vocalist's part. It was discovered that vocalist 吉田拓海 (Takumi Yoshida) (also known as よしたく (Yoshitaku)), who had been engaged to his fiancee, was having an affair with female bassist 鈴木文香 (Suzuki Fumika) (also known as ふみちゃん (Fumichan)). As a result, the respective members have apologized for their actions and the band have disbanded.

Statement from shigatsu. before they deleted their Twitter and OHP:

【解散のお知らせ】

shigatsu.の吉田拓海(よしたく)は婚約者がおりながらバンドメンバーでもある鈴木文香(ふみちゃん)と浮気関係にあり、言葉や行動で周りの人たちを騙しメンバーや関係者の皆様のことも裏切り続けてきました。

そして先日その関係が発覚し、バンドは解散することになりました。 pic.twitter.com/kmikCIo4UT

— shigatsu. (@__shigatsu__) 2019年6月1日

I would have also shared their music video here, but it seems they purged their Youtube as well.

Original news article basically requoting the band's statement, including Yoshida and Fumi's statements:

バンド「shigatsu.」解散 婚約者がいる男性ボーカルが女性ベースと浮気「裏切り行為」と謝罪

2019年6月1日 21時7分 

スポニチアネックス

2018年4月に初ライブを行った3人組バンド「shigatsu.」がメンバー間の“浮気”が原因で1日、解散した。公式ツイッターで報告された。婚約者がいる男性ボーカルが女性ベースと“浮気関係”にあり、このほど発覚。解散に至った。

「shigatsu.の吉田拓海(よしたく)は婚約者がおりながらバンドメンバーでもある鈴木文香(ふみちゃん)と浮気関係にあり、言葉や行動で周りの人たちを騙し、メンバーや関係者の皆様のことも裏切り続けてきました。そして先日その関係が発覚し、バンドは解散することになりました。バンドメンバーの不誠実によってご迷惑をおかけし大変申し訳ございません。携わってくださった関係者の皆様、応援してくださった皆様、皆様がいたからこそ活動を続けることができました。短い間でしたが、ありがとうございました」と発表された。

ボーカル&ギターの吉田は「今回発覚したぼくとふみちゃんの浮気が原因でshigatsu.は解散になりました。shigatsu.は婚約者は他メンバー、支えてくれた皆様、応援してくれた皆様がいたからこそ、続けることができました。しかし、その期待や積み重ねてきた活動をすべて無にしてしまう裏切り行為、人としてあるまじき非道な行為でした。本当に申し訳ございません」と謝罪。「けじめとして今後二度と音楽活動は行いません。たくさんの方にご迷惑をおかけしてしまい、申し訳ございません」とした。

ベースの鈴木は「私は、吉田拓海に婚約者がいるにもかかわらず、隠れて関係を持っていました。自分の感情だけを優先した本当に軽率な行為でした。結果として私がしたことはshigatsu.のメンバーや関係者を騙し、ひどく心を傷つけてしまった裏切り行為です。shigatsu.の曲を聞いてくださっていた方々、ライブに足を運んでくださっていた方々、応援してくださっていたすべての方々に、私のしたことによって、曲やバンドに嫌悪感を生ませてしまい、不快な思いをさせてしまったこと、謝っても決して許されることではありませんが、本当に申し訳ありませんでした」と謝罪した。

http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/16553097/

image.jpg

tbh It's not really ridiculous if the vocalist and his fiancee plan to continue their relationship. As if the affair itself wasn't a big enough offense, continuing to work with "the other woman" would just be throwing salt on the wound.

Affairs are hurtful, messy business and they usually have these kinds of negative ripple effects.

That said....who the fuck is this band anyways???? :lol:

Talk about NTR. Third guy got fucked, but not in the way that feels good. Those two worked fast in erasing all of their tracks from the internet. Can't even find a picture of the band.

EDIT: Thank Kami for Japanese netizens. Here's the band:

image.jpg

Guy in the middle is the one who wasn't involved. And here are the two:

20190603_shigatsu_03-300x184.jpeg

I feel more sorry for the guy's fiancée than anyone else. It's shitty that the other guy had to pretty much quit the band just because the other two decided to be cunts, but this woman was planning to spend the rest of her life with her partner and he just goes behind her back like this. This is just terrible.

10 hours ago, CAT5 said:

tbh It's not really ridiculous if the vocalist and his fiancee plan to continue their relationship. As if the affair itself wasn't a big enough offense, continuing to work with "the other woman" would just be throwing salt on the wound.

Affairs are hurtful, messy business and they usually have these kinds of negative ripple effects.

⬆️

14 hours ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

By infidelity, I thought it was going to be one of those cases where a member is working on another project/ with another band on the side without their initial band's knowledge or approval. But this case scenario actually makes a lot more sense. 

I thought the same lol

8 hours ago, suji said:

i put a picture on the bottom of my post, but ok

My bad! I see nothing but a gigantic black space on my screen 😕