suji

new band "どく" (doku) has formed

The first track giving me them early  dezert vibes mnnnnn. Track 3 sounds killer too, defs buying this.

Really digging the song and their vibe , the MV is very well-done too! 

Imo they definitely have the potential to go somewhere, hope this will garner them the attention they deserve! 

51 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

I guess this type of DEZERT sound is the new wave in vkei. 

Who else is doing it? Not questioning u but I actually wanna find more bands doing this sound cause I love it

On 7/4/2019 at 1:50 AM, atsudahiru said:

Tell me I'm not the only Brazilian who can't take the name of this band seriously

No you aren't lol

On 7/4/2019 at 1:54 AM, chipathy said:

What does it mean 

I'm pretty sure it's not how you're supposed to pronounce it in japanese, but if read as  "doh-coo" it sounds like "do cu" which means roughly "from the asshole" in portuguese.  Count Dooku from Star Wars was renamed "Dookan" in the brazilian dub to avoid that unfortunate implication. 

The song itself is pretty cool, I like the vocalist's cleans (his voice kinda reminds me of the singer of Bad Religion). Music video is rather lolworthy though :P

EDIT: I think most of you might have gotten the reference already, but for those who didn't, I'm pretty sure the music video is a reference to the Armin Meiwes case, considering the whole "dark web" thingy the band is going for 

Edited by kuyashii
I had an epiphany

4 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

I'm pretty sure it's not how you're supposed to pronounce it in japanese, but if read as  "doh-coo" it sounds like "do cu" which means roughly "from the asshole".  Count Dooku from Star Wars was renamed "Dookan" in the brazilian dub to avoid that unfortunate implication.

In Portuguese? I had no idea lol. In Japanese it means "poison", soooo... poison from the asshole?

Also, that is how you pronounce it, with a short "o" sound.