psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

We have an Unpopular Opinions thread for VK but I realized we don’t have one for general topics. Post em here!

Also just to clarify: No racist, sexist or homophobic opinions. Saying “i hate black people they should die” doesn’t constitute as an unpopular opinion.

I’ll start: Billie Ellish is overrated and her music is subpar at best

EDIT: Feel free to disagree with these opinions as well but keep it respectful 

Also. NO POLITICS! I don't want this to become a shit show. Yes, I have made political opinions on here, but regardless, politics is now barred from this discussion 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

the departure kevin smith has taken from the jay & silent bob movies has been the best thing he’s ever done.

Marvel hasn't done a good movie since X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) apart from the X-Men installment itself and Wolverine. The entire Marvel Cinematic Universe is pandering so heavily towards the millenial meme-generation with its constant usage of comic relief, 4th wall breaking and lightheartedness, and has little respect for the original comics. I'll take DC over Marvel any day. 

Edited by Lestat

The Greatest Showman was terrible. I get that it's a musical, but did every little thing have to be conveyed through song? They'd literally made a song and dance out of it and I was so disappointed because my hopes for it were sky-high. The acting/casting was good, the plot was promising and the visuals were fantastic, but the delivery sucked. It sacrificed any potential emotion for "a MiLlIoN dReAmS iS aLl It'S gOnNa TaKe" and the effect it had on me suffered as a result. I might as well have just watched a load of glitzy music videos back-to-back.

37 minutes ago, Lestat said:

Marvel hasn't done a good movie since X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) apart from the X-Men installment itself and Wolverine. The entire Marvel Cinematic Universe is pandering so heavily towards the millenial meme-generation with its constant usage of comic relief, 4th wall breaking and lightheartedness, and has little respect for the original comics. I'll take DC over Marvel any day. 

I think the problem that I have with DC movies is that I find the early films, like Man Of Steel and BvS, they we’re TOO serious, which is why I didn’t like those movies. Same thing with Suicide Squad AKA “Soundtrack the Movie”. Although, I have been liking the more recent films like Shazam and Aquaman.

Also, I disagree with your point about Marvel films being too lighthearted. I find that to be a good thing, as I love a little humor. Sure some of it can be a little “Fellow Kids”, but I don’t mind it. No offence, but not everything has to be serious. It’s good to have a little humor. 

Honestly, I love both Marvel and DC, but I will always love Marvel! Lol

4 minutes ago, Gesu said:

The Greatest Showman was terrible. I get that it's a musical, but did every little thing have to be conveyed through song? They'd literally made a song and dance out of it and I was so disappointed because my hopes for it were sky-high. The acting/casting was good, the plot was promising and the visuals were fantastic, but the delivery sucked. It sacrificed any potential emotion for "a MiLlIoN dReAmS iS aLl It'S gOnNa TaKe" and the effect it had on me suffered as a result. I might as well have just watched a load of glitzy music videos back-to-back.

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t like PT Barnum like a racist or something? I feel like I’ve heard that some where?

Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t like PT Barnum like a racist or something? I fee like I’ve heard that some where?

Yeah, and they just completely glossed over that. Didn't mention anything about it. They just wanted something shiny and showy for Hollywood to enjoy.

22 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Also one more opinion from me:

Shitting on popular things makes you an asshole and shitting on things someone enjoys isn’t funny, it’s immature 

Attacking people for the things they like is bad, disliking thing because they're popular just means you're not a conformist.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2904c24c71336177

1 hour ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t like PT Barnum like a racist or something? I feel like I’ve heard that some where?

he was around in the 1800s. everyone was a racist back then.

1 hour ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Also, I disagree with your point about Marvel films being too lighthearted. I find that to be a good thing, as I love a little humor. Sure some of it can be a little “Fellow Kids”, but I don’t mind it. No offence, but not everything has to be serious. It’s good to have a little humor. 

strong agree.  dc flicks are usually way too serious, tbh.  i end up feeling kinda bored.

Can we bring back more variety on popular radio stations?

I'm tired of hearing the same 5 songs every hour, and would like to hear a nice up and coming artist like it used to be. Maybe radio is a dying market and I'm just talking to the wind, or my tastes are getting too stale for the in-crowd.

Oh btw, Denver's radio stations suck compared to Chicago. Fight me.

8 hours ago, God said:

i don’t like ice cream.  🤔

Oof, that's my favourite food 😕 on the subject of food/drink though, I don't like milk. Or cream, actually. I love ice cream but not cream. I also don't like cheesecake, tea or coffee.

3 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Oof, that's my favourite food 😕 on the subject of food/drink though, I don't like milk. Or cream, actually. I love ice cream but not cream. I also don't like cheesecake, tea or coffee.

Iced Coffees from Tim Hortons (Canadian over here) are where it’s at. Tea is gross. Cheesecake tastes like ass

10 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Oof, that's my favourite food 😕 on the subject of food/drink though, I don't like milk. Or cream, actually. I love ice cream but not cream. I also don't like cheesecake, tea or coffee

@psychonnect_rozen @Gesu You are insane, you've just never had a good cheesecake.

Not even sure if this one's unpopular or not, but anyway:

The whole ''what if we took [x] from your childhood, but reimagined it so it's suddenly needlessly dark and creepy? FUCKIN EPIC BRO'' aesthetic is absolutely awful and i totally hate it 

The "it's Wednesday, my dudes" meme was fucking shite and so is the "nobody" meme. Funny at first, but then they just got so overused so quickly. Thank fuck both have pretty much died (I think the "nobody" meme is dead, anyways).