psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

4 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

How is sexuality and social trends in regards of sexuality in any way political? I'd understand if I said there need to be laws or something, I'm just pointing out the rise in sexuality in western society, I suppose the feminist part could have excluded, but since no one has made reference of it, I don't see why it matters.

This isn't a thread for in depth discussion of women's sexual freedom, nor is it a psychotherapy session thread. That's my view on it and maybe other mods see it differently but it was clear where it was heading. 

1 minute ago, platy said:

This isn't a thread for in depth discussion of women's sexual freedom, nor is it a psychotherapy session thread. That's my view on it and maybe other mods see it differently but it was clear where it was heading. 

I actually agree with you there.

The super hero bubble will burst, and soon and people will be very tired of them and the MCU will see a significant hit in popularity which will make room for a film renaissance like we have never seen the likes of. 

I hate to say it, but all of SUGIZO's music sounds the same, at least his guitar riffs do on everything he releases, everything he's a guest on, etc. 

1 hour ago, platy said:

Maria Cross is actually not a legend. 

Who?..

6 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

The super hero bubble will burst, and soon and people will be very tired of them and the MCU will see a significant hit in popularity which will make room for a film renaissance like we have never seen the likes of. 

Is that an unpopular opinion or inevitable outcome? Some friends and I joked between the release of IW and Endgame that all the B-list heroes are out to play because the A-list heroes got Thanos'd...but there's a bit of truth to it surely? Short of adapting all the comic books arcs for every hero into their own separate movies (and even this I would argue works better in an HBO-style format) how many soft and hard reboots can you do? How many hero movies is too many? And how does one even top Endgame, the movie that's gonna be used as the yard stick for measuring all hero movies going forward? I think we are closer to this pop than it appears.

Superman is the most boring, dull, white bread, overpowered super hero ever and Batman is better in pretty much every way, same goes with Ironman. The thing those two have in common is they don't have super powers, they're built on "reality" and are just humans who happen to be very smart and rich.

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Is that an unpopular opinion or inevitable outcome? Some friends and I joked between the release of IW and Endgame that all the B-list heroes are out to play because the A-list heroes got Thanos'd...but there's a bit of truth to it surely? Short of adapting all the comic books arcs for every hero into their own separate movies (and even this I would argue works better in an HBO-style format) how many soft and hard reboots can you do? How many hero movies is too many? And how does one even top Endgame, the movie that's gonna be used as the yard stick for measuring all hero movies going forward? I think we are closer to this pop than it appears.

The MCU and Star Wars need to go away for a while or we'll have over-saturation akin to Transformers.

1 minute ago, secret_no_03 said:

Batman is better in pretty much every way

Agreed, what Superman needed was a Bat Ladder. Not even joking.

3 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Huh? I'm lost.

Batman had a Bat Ladder and it was the greatest, most superheroic invention ever. Look it up.

15 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Batman had a Bat Ladder and it was the greatest, most superheroic invention ever. Look it up.

I mean, in what situation did Superman need to use a ladder?

15 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I remember the ladder from the og series with Adam West.

Just now, secret_no_03 said:

I mean, in what situation did Superman need to use a ladder?

None, I was just commenting on how funny the Bat Ladder was. It was just a plain old rope ladder with a sign on it.

Just now, Gesu said:

None, I was just commenting on how funny the Bat Ladder was. It was just a plain old rope ladder with a sign on it.

Oh, okay, I thought maybe there was an instance of Superman being weakened by kryptonite that he fell into the ocean and nearly drowned and was saved by Batman's Bat Ladder.

Dissing Superman, man. Such a silly thing to do. I personally like Batman better, just to name one of very, very many. But Superman is such a beautifully written character, especially in modern time. Such a fascinating, complex and incredibly well-written character.

Of course, if you're 14 years old and your first and only meeting with Superman was Zack Snyder's Man of Steel I can understand why you'd think so. But there's not fucking way anyone who actually invested time in the character feel like any of you do.

9 minutes ago, Bear said:

Dissing Superman, man. Such a silly thing to do. I personally like Batman better, just to name one of very, very many. But Superman is such a beautifully written character, especially in modern time. Such a fascinating, complex and incredibly well-written character.

Of course, if you're 14 years old and your first and only meeting with Superman was Zack Snyder's Man of Steel I can understand why you'd think so. But there's not fucking way anyone who actually invested time in the character feel like any of you do.

I've read the comics, seen the old and modern animated series, the latest movies and the old movies with Christopher Reeve.

here's a hot one for you'll: yu-gi-oh was cooler when it wasnt only about the card games yet

This might be more appropriate in the "Anime Shit Talk" thread, but I think that anime and manga have objectively gotten worse over the past few years (when it comes to new franchises.)

• Sharp increase in 15 minute and sub-15 minute-per-episode series. It would be acceptable if the quality increased w/ the shorter length, but most are still budget-tier.
  • There's been a colossal increase in isekai manga, and they're starting to be adapted into anime at an alarming pace.
    • I find a majority of isekai "low-effort". Instead of creating interesting backstories w/ character growth you pretty much lean all in w/ the escapism fodder.
      • Really indicative of the current moment + shitty working conditions/long hours of the Japanese populace.
  • A lot of this has to do with trying to push more and more series per season. Meanwhile a bunch of the work gets outsourced and everyone is being overworked. Of course all of this stems from $$$.

On a similar note, mobage + gacha games are cancer w/ the micro-transaction model. They've flooded the market and have partly contributed to the decline in story-based vns (and a lot of long-form content) which have been overtaken by shit-tier nukige. Again, it's about turning profits, so I get it.