Jigsaw9

Visual kei popping up in unexpected places

1 hour ago, Total Saikou said:

I was looking for a SHAZNA album cover today when I found out that Winter's Review by SHAZNA was used as the Ending theme for Japanese dub of The Rugrats Movie?!?! Now that's what I call unexpected. I saw the Rugrats movie as a kid and seeing SHAZNA play over Rugrats footage is so surreal for me.

That’s interesting! Speaking of odd music choices, they got Bowie to do the theme for the Rugrats movie too but in the end it didn’t get used.

Edited by shane

4 hours ago, saiko said:

In spanish we say, "qué tiene que ver el culo con pintar", which could be translated as "what [the fuck] has ass to do with painting".

Wow, an actually good sounding Kpop song--HEY WAIT A MINUTE

On 5/21/2020 at 2:24 PM, Gesu said:

That reminds me; Genesis Rhapsodos from FF7CC was based on/voiced by Gackt.

latest?cb=20200326171444

Also, his song Redemption was in FF7DOC.

It’s Final Fantasy though... the series that gave us Squall and Kuja. Is it really unexpected when it’s Final Fantasy?

I nearly fell out of my damn chair when I saw Miyavi being mentioned in a currently trending Buzzfeed article of all things

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/amazing-performances-by-nonactors

He’s a Japanese rock star who was handpicked by Angelina Jolie

^THIS RIGHT HERE :spin:

Besides finding Vk related items in resale stores, the best two experiences for me was going to a Mitsuwa and hearing "I for you" by Luna-Sea, and then going to a generic weeb store in a small shopping center and they were blasting an cafe, nightmare, gazette, and miyavi lolz.

Dragon Ash has been one of my favourite bands for 10+ years, and their original bassist IKUZONE was a massive hide fan - so much so that he had a hide tattoo and performed with hide plushies on his gear a lot. I mean, it's not really all that unexpected, but I did a bit of a double take when I first saw one of the plushies while I was watching a DA live DVD back in like 2007.

Here's his tattoo:

C97-ZGs-NUQAAMs-Yd.jpg

And here are some of the plushies he had:

Cv-Wd0-X4-VMAA-A1-Z.jpg

^I think this is from one of the memorial exhibitions for IKUZONE

You can see his plushies in a lot of the older DA live videos on YouTube too.

weird one, and maybe someone's pointed it out? Jon Davis on the Opie and Anthony show recommends DEG and talks about them for a minute or so. was genuinely a bit shocked even if I knew they were on Korn's tour. it happens at 9:40:

You can't tell me Yuri from Fire Emblem: Three Houses wouldn't be a bandman if he were real

Yuri.(Fire.Emblem).600.2824031.jpg

He's even got purple eyeshadow.

Speaking of games, there are more than a few characters in The World Ends With You who have a kind of VK/psuedo-VK look although I'm not sure if that counts as unexpected since the whole theme of the game is Shibuya youth culture.